[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

came across a RARE car..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: 2002-panoz-esperante-6.jpg (202KB, 960x478px) Image search: [Google]
2002-panoz-esperante-6.jpg
202KB, 960x478px
a 2002 Panoz Esperante Magnussen Edition number 6. This car has "forgotten" and not taken care of...After googling and looking up it up...this car is a rare one for sure...I was just shocked to see it sitting out in the back like that..I took video of it..link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm6tUsiQYWA
>>
Looks like a fat American Miata
>>
>>13998635
Not sure how you see a Miata in it other than maybe the angle? If anything it looks like a Porsche 911 to me until you look at a few details..
>>
its so ugly I wish I could forget about it again
>>
>>13998650
>it looks like a Porsche 911

pls no.

Not the same guy bit it looks like a miata thats been squashed in the middle like a tube of toothpaste and its all gone to the front.
>>
>>13998882
>Not the same guy
?
>>
>>13998882
oh you mean because it's red and a roadster?

retard
>>
>>13998899
By that logic a BMW Z4 looks exactly the same as a Miata
>>
>>13998899
The middle to rear does look like an NB
>>
>>13998899
I don't see the Miata that he is seeing...the photo angle MAYBE...but not when your looking dead on and not taking a photo from a foot or two off the ground. This car if you asks me...has its own shape to it and looks pretty clean...the one I saw [video] needs alot of work but if you want that weird car no one seems to know or have but still look like a super car...this does it....hell the fiber work on this car was very well done!
>>
>>13998634
looks like a kit car
>>
>>13998943
I thought the same or some weird body kit for a older 911 until I walked up on it. Its has not been cared for but...would be a great looking car if buffed and...just alittle cleaning done lol....got some awesome other cars but going to upload those later/tomorrow most likely
>>
Don't usually see these anywhere except race tracks. And I have never seen any kind of special edition anything; always just a base esperante with a hardtop and cage. Nobody wants to get the fancy options if it's just going to get thrashed on a track.

>>13998635
I can forgive our eurofriends for not recognizing them. They're more like fat american Lotuses than anything else. They're purpose-built track cars designed for handling 1st, speed 2nd, and no fucks given about anything else.

I have literally never seen one without SCCA GT2 decals. I think they're becoming a bit more common now that Lotus has completely abandoned the US club-racer market.
>>
>>13999281
With this being a special edition makes it even more rare...now its not #1 of 10....but still only 10 cars where made...each one different than the other 9...and being number 6...so this is a ONE of a KIND car, with a LIMITED number being made...with carbon fiber everything...its BEGGING for someone to restore it and to make it scream again
>>
but then again....I may just love cars so much that I look at them differently than others...maybe thats why I started a youtube channel/dealership?....either way I love what I do...

P.s should sub me as I got some awesome car videos that will be going up in a few days
>>
I would fix it up
>>
>>13998634
I think they are pretty cool on the basis that they are a small American sportscar operation. They'll likely be collectible in a couple decades or so. They were never popular because they were only about as fast a base C5 Corvette but twice the price.
>>
>>14000168
Well they did use a widely used motor, a 4.6 liter ford v8...good power house for the time
>>
>>13998634 haven't heard that name in a long time
>>
Wow is this a car thread that isn't garbage

OP you have to restore that car in the name of WAT
>>
>>14001672
>Wow is this a car thread that isn't garbage
>OP you have to restore that car in the name of WAT
Sadly I don't think I will have the money to be able to buy this car to restore it but hoping to do some of that with my YT page so sub if you like to follow! Have some other vids there an more to come.
Thanks! I thought getting some photos/videos of what I come across and sharing it here on 4chan would be a great topic
>>
>>14001592
I honestly never heard of it until I saw this car and googled it. I was able to pin point in a sea of cars that something was special about this one...once I opened the hood it was clearly a VERY special car...
>>
>letting the Kiss Me Now Red fade on a panoz
fuckin blasphemy
>>
>>13998634
It's sort of rare. You'd see more Panoz if you went to race tracks more. You should be aware of Panoz's existence at least if you're into cars at all.
>>
>>14001750
From the faded kiss me red to the damaged carbon fiber [I can fix it...but will take a bunch of work...]...its real sad..its a nice looking car...I love the fact it screams beauty but left to rot...I wish I had the money to clean her up...
>>
>>14001770
>You'd see more Panoz if you went to race tracks more
I'm 26 years old...most "race" cars are plastic boxes with stickers for headlights.

I MAY of seen one? But its not something I would pick out readily
>>
>>13998634
Listening to you two total fucking morons talk about this car was like nails on a chalk board or rubbing styrofoam together. Especially when you were talking about the engine. You're the kind of car dealer I fucking hate talking to.
>>
>>14001795
>Listening to you two total fucking morons talk about this car was like nails on a chalk board or rubbing styrofoam together. Especially when you were talking about the engine. You're the kind of car dealer I fucking hate talking to.
Thank you for the kind review, even taking note that I'm 26 years old and sell mostly used cars to country people in texas [trucks and suvs] sorry that I'm not googling everything or overly editing our videos.

Don't stay up to late...don't need you calling your boss telling him you missed your alarm
>>
>>13998634
Rarest I've seen was a VW Harlequin
>>
>>14001787
It's not a race car, it's a street car. Panoz makes race cars too though, the Abruzzi is homologated for GT3. What you got against race cars anyway, plastic boxes that go fast are the best kind of car. I don't know what your age has to do with anything, I'm 26 too...
>>
>>14001787

>"may of"

It's "may have."

It's important to get these things right, since people posting the incorrect versions are a diamond dozen. For all intensive purposes it makes you look like an idiot. Now get out there and put the petal to the medal with confidence.
>>
>>13998634
You should buy this and restore it. Objectively good or bad, how many people can say they own a Panoz? Only 10 of these cars were made per year.
>>
>>14001810
>sorry I'm not googling everything hurr durr
>sell shitty cars to dumb people
You suit your audience well

I would hope that, as a car dealer (especially in America), you'd instantly recognize a Mustang gauge cluster at least.

But nah you were too distracted with the MUH CARBON FIBER to take three seconds on a smartphone to google "2007 Panoz Esperante" that was on the sticker you literally pointed the camera at.

>hurr but I'm only 26 lol that's a good excuse for being a retard

I hope you keep selling shit to idiots, and your "mechanic" friend enjoys working on shitty American V6s and truck engines.
>>
>>14001837
Nothing wrong with that...those cars are built for one thing...speed. This car was not built ONLY for speed but for looks so its NOT on the race tracks/drag strips so even if I went to many "car races" it still would not be a car I would see out racing unless it was a pace car. That was my point to start with.
>>
>>14001853
>2007 Panoz Esperante
you may need to get your eyes checked...it said a 2002..

very few cars have a full carbon fiber body so...yes that was a clear clue of the value/work that went into BUILDING this car...a mustang gauge cluster just...does not sound like a hot topic...
>>
File: IMG_20150529_075527172.jpg (3MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150529_075527172.jpg
3MB, 4320x2432px
>>14001859
Well first off, race tracks aren't only for pro racing. Track days where normal joes go to hoon their street cars around the track are very popular, especially with car nerds who have disposable income for a Panoz. Not just Panoz either, there are lots of low volume niche market cars that show up like Nobles and Lucras and Panteras and all manner of interesting things.

Secondly, in going to a race track to watch actual races usually you'll see many interesting things parked in the pits and parking lot.
>>
>>14001875
>mustang gauge cluster just...does not sound like a hot topic...
Well, hate to break it to you and your "mechanic" but it's literally a Mustang drivetrain with a different body.

99/01 Cobra DOHC 4.6L V8 andT45 transmission with Ford 8.8 axle, the cruise control buttons from a F150, window switches, headlight switch, and climate control from a Mustang.

Those are recognizable to a lot of Americans.

TL;DR:
>it's a lighter Mustang Convertible with a different body
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.