[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AWD sports cars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

Hello /o/. I want a WRX STI but I've come to find that there are many options on the market for AWD sports cars. Should I spring for another current of future option, wait for the new WRX model or go with what my heart says?
>>
The STI is a head turner, but in AWD sports car. Id say go German, Audi specifically. expensive to repair, but its a more comfortable ride, and stealth wealth is a virtue
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 276x183px
Going to post AWD sports cars until I get responses.
>>
I'd say go for an Evo ix or whatever if you've ever wanted one l, they're gonna appreciate sooner rather than later now.
>>
>>13997299
I looked into the Audi options. They are expensive for new but seem just affordable for preowned. The problem I comever across with Audi though is that most of their quattro are automatic and I need stick shift since I drive with two feet and need that clutch pedal for that reason. They are hot though.
>>
>>13997309
You know what's funny? I can't even find an evolution 9 where I live. They must not have made many of them.
>>
>>13997318
lol no need to defend your need for a stick. Every car needs to be driven stick. But yeah new are very expensive, but also a new STI runs like what 35-36? you can get so much for that amount of money
>>
File: 2016-Ford-Focus-RS-103-626x382.jpg (85KB, 626x382px) Image search: [Google]
2016-Ford-Focus-RS-103-626x382.jpg
85KB, 626x382px
>>
>>13997352
Yeah they are in the same price range as the A4 Quattro. I wonder how hard it would be to get it in stick? I hear car makers, German ones specifically, are going away from manual transmissions in their sports cars.
>>
>>13997318
Also the BMW 435i is a great car. AWD, straight 6 making the same horsepower as the STI, obviously more comfortable than the STI. also you have a stick option, or a 8speed auto
>>
They hold value pretty well, if you can get a brand new one do it bro.

Otherwise you can find a decent used one for 20—25k. Overpriced for a used car but hey its an sti
>>
>>13997366
yeah dual clutch autos are replacing sticks, and its a sad defeat. but to convert to a stick will also run you like 10K in and of itself if you bite the bullet and go auto
>>
>>13997376
thats pretty much what an STI is. Its an over priced car, but hey, it has a wing and famous people rallied in them
>>
File: 1431990098012.jpg (50KB, 221x348px) Image search: [Google]
1431990098012.jpg
50KB, 221x348px
>>13997279
>AWD
>Sports Car
Pick one. If it's not RWD, it's not a sports car. Deal with it faggot. You will always be using training wheels
>>
>>13998762
>according to the uncitable encyclopaedia of me
>>
>>13998780
He's an idiot but it really isn't a sports car
>>
New mustang better than all these shit
>>
>>13997303
>>13997354
>pick one

I'm more of a Ford fanboy but I would seriously be debating the R (you can probably get one for equal or less than an RS with VW's tarnished rep at the moment).
>>
File: STi shits on you.png (50KB, 872x725px) Image search: [Google]
STi shits on you.png
50KB, 872x725px
>>13998762
>>13998788
You guys are both idiots. STi definitely is a sports car.

Please tell me again why it isn't.
>>
>>13998969

It's a grocery getter with AWD. Please keep wearing those rose colored glasses
>>
>>13998990
A grocery getter that is probably faster than anything you have ever driven.
>>
>>13998762
"Sports Car" is a very broad definition.

I know it won't change your mind or prevent future shitposting, but there are "Luxury Sports Sedans", "Sports Coupes", all sorts of shit.

The STI also has 4 doors, so no way it is a sports car. Right? Are you the same anon that says the Toyobaru isn't a sports car because it is a 2+2 and sports cars don't have back seats?

>>13997279
STI would be a blast. But if you are going to buy used, you will get ripped off. Golf R's are cool cars. I'm sure the Focus RS will be great too with all the praise the ST has gotten.

But if you are going to buy used and spend $25k on an overpriced STI, you should just buy a used 335xi instead. Lots of people say that 300HP in those BMWs feels like much more. And there is a lot of potential in those turbocharged engines.
>>
File: 328xi_03.jpg (479KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
328xi_03.jpg
479KB, 1280x960px
>>13999002

faster, yes, more enjoyable, naw
>>
FOCUS RS
O
C
U
S

R
S
>>
>>13997303
>AWD
>Golf R
Lmao
>>
>>13997303
>Haldex
>VAG
into the fucking trash
>>
>>13999036
Stop talking sense on /o/
>>
>>13999042
>so much bench racing ITT
You have obviously never driven an sti, so much fun blasting around turns at 50 mph without having to worry about snap oversteer killing you like it would if you tried it in your precious bmw.
>>
>>13997279
Anon, the choice in the end is yours to make, but take this into consideration. I searched for a semi-nice car with AWD, a manual gearbox, and the ability to seat 4. I needed AWD for the weather we get, I needed to seat 4 for my family, and I personally wanted the manual box.

I looked at a 328xi, a 2014 wrx, and an infiniti g37x. I picked the Subaru because of how it handles in snow and its safety ratings. Otherwise I would've picked the BMW.

Subaru has the best AWD bar none. Quattro can stand neck and neck, but other types of AWD just doesn't stand up.
>>
Legacy GT/Outback XT
>>
>>13999063
the R is awd gaylord
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.