[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2016 Ford Focus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 2016-Ford-Focus-hatchback-side.jpg (15KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
2016-Ford-Focus-hatchback-side.jpg
15KB, 500x280px
I'm buying a new commuter for work. I went to a Mazda3 dealer and test drove a Mazda3 S Grand Touring and loved it, but when it came to negotiating a price the dealer wouldn't budge below invoice and I walked. Now I'm looking at alternatives.

Ford has a ridiculous deal of 3.5k off + 0% financing for 36 months on a 2016 Focus. What is /o/'s opinion on this car? I think the titanium hatch looks pretty nice but I wouldn't be surprised if you all think ecoboost is shit, or that the focus is a car for lesbians. Because I base all of my decisions on advice from 4chan I need help.
>>
Woah wait. You can get below invoice? I'm eyeing the new Honda civic and wouldn't mind getting a lower than msrp
>>
The Focus hatchback is a fantastic car. What engine and transmission package are you considering?
>>
>>13989635
You can easily get below MSRP, invoice will depend on the situation. Invoice is not necessarily what the dealer ultimately paid for the car.

This was my first time negotiating the price on a new car and I'm not sure if I was asking for too much. MSRP was 26.7k, dealer would go as a low as 25.2k, I wanted 24k.

>>13989636
I'm looking at the titanium, which comes with the 2.0L Ecoboost and the 6 Speed Automatic standard. I've heard the 1.0L leaves a lot to be desired, so even if I go SE I'll get the 2.0L option.
>>
>>13989593
Ford Fiesta is more fun desu
>>
>>13989662
>buying a Powershift
Are you really that oblivious?
>>
File: 2016-mazda-3-hatchback-specs.jpg (96KB, 717x478px) Image search: [Google]
2016-mazda-3-hatchback-specs.jpg
96KB, 717x478px
>>13989666
I've thought about the Fiesta too. Definitely way cheaper and the size would be nice for city parking. Don't like the looks as much though. Going to test drive both regardless.

>>13989681
What's wrong with that transmission? I don't want a manual if that's what you're saying.
>>
>>13989686
The Fiestas are so tiny. Especially by US standards. I wouldn't get a Fiesta unless it was absolutely necessary and you do 95% city driving or can't afford the Focus.

And the new automatic transmissions in those are a little strange. It is Ferd's take on the automated manual I believe. Computer controlled manual trans rather than automatic inside with planetaries and that good stuff. The transmissions work fine, but they can be a little jerky at low speeds. Like parking lot speeds. Lots of automated manuals and DSG gearboxes are similar at very low speeds.
>>
>>13989686
It always breaks and it is slow for a dual clutch trans.
>>
pretty sure ford sorted out the issues the powershift had in the previous years. they had to do a lot of warranty work.

most automatic dcts get complained about as jerky in low speed driving although i have it in my fiesta and haven't noticed it at all.

ford focus is a pretty unbeatable deal and its a good looking car
>>
>>13989686

The autos are shit. Do a quick look at kbb or Edmunds and read the reviews. Its full of horror stories on the trans. A word of warning: I drive a 14 fiesta st (manual) and it slips in reverse sometimes.
>>
>>13989593
I'd look into the ST variants of both the Focus an Fiesta. Great cars both, only 'drawback' is that they are manual-only. I've heard of people getting base new Focus St's for under 20k, the same for Fiestas (though usually they are slightly more expensive).

If the Mazda dealer gave you the run around, just email other dealerships with what you are looking for. Tell them you have your financing already set up and are looking to buy in the next two weeks or so. Have them confirm they'll honor the price your asking for in writing and then take that to whatever dealership you want to ask them to match. Worked for me and I got my car below invoice.
>>
>>13989738
all standard manual reverse gears do that. its a driver error not a transmission error. it's not all the way engaged.
>>
>>13989728
This, Ford's auto trans issues were only in the 2012-13 Focus and Fiestas. That said, manual is still preferable, but OP will be fine with the auto.

The Fiesta gets 1 mpg higher on the highway, but is slower, handles worse, has half the cargo space, smaller interior, etc... people only buy them if they can't afford a Focus or need a smaller car for city parking (which isn't a good excuse, really).
>>
>>13989847
Agreed, the focus hatch plenty short enough for city parking. I'll probably stick to the focus or the Mazda3.

>>13989769
Yeah I'll try this. After going back and forth for a bit with the Mazda dealer they just printed out a sheet with the invoice price of the car and said they can't go below, which I knew was bullshit. Expected a better negotiation seeing that it's the end of the year.
>>
>>13989793

Except that's not the case. My past car was an 02 Camaro and reverse never slipped. I also have a 93 Miata and reverse never slips. Its the shitty Brazilian made trans
>>
>>13989959
January is when they are desperate to sell, since the Christmas rush is still in full swing and plenty of post-Black Friday buyers are still coming in.

I really didn't walk into the dealership until I had the price I wanted confirmed by a salesman.
>>
>>13990027
I have a Fiesta ST as well, literally never had reverse slip.
>>
>>13989728
This.
My grandmother had a 2012 focus and Ford bought it back from her for a loss so they could get the shitty autos off the road.

I dont think they want them all shitting out and damaging thier reputation
>>
>>13989662
Was that quote of $25,000 before or after all those bullshit fees?
>>
>>13989593
>>13989662
Why jump to ford instead of just getting one of the 2.0L Mazda 3?
>>
>>13989593
>>13989593

I daily drive a 2014 Focus SE Hatch with the upgraded package. 2.0l with 5 speed manual.

I love it. It's got enough pep to get where you need to go. It's comfortable as shit. It has a LOT more room than you'd think, and I get around 38 highway, 27 city.

I love it. Definitely go for it man.

Do NOT get the auto. The DCT auto's (dual clutch transmission) are nightmares from every forum I've been on, including Focus Fanatics, and those guys know their shit.
>>
>>13989593
Calling bullshit
Fucking SHILL mother fuckers.

The Mazda the is objectively a better car and you fucking know it.
Way to plug all the good deals ford is handing out to try to sucker people into buying their cheaply made shitboxes though.
>>
>>13990263
25k before taxes, titles, and licensing fees. No bs tacked on from the dealer.
>>
>>13989793
nah, you don't know what you're talking about. Owners of automatic Focus/Fiesta know exactly the bullshit others are talking about. What's your agenda, m8? The automatics in these cars is FUCKING HORSESHIT. My mother has had hers replaced twice and my fathers Fiesta was on its last leg before lease expired and he was so happy to get rid of it.
>>
>>13990367
To be fair though.
Fiesta and focus are just poorly built vehicles all around
>>
>>13990375
No they arent? The build quality on them is better than my Subaru which is much more expensive. It's only the transmission that's garbage. You're a fucking asshole.
>>
>>13990387
>ford build quality better than Fuji heavy industries
Top kek m8
>>
>>13990334
m8 I agree the Mazda3 is the better car but it just appears the focus is a better deal
>>
>>13990392
>>13990392

Oh you refer to Subaru has FHI, you're so fucking edgy.
>>
File: 1.jpg (703KB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
703KB, 3072x1728px
Get the Mazda from a different dealership.
>>
>>13989593
don't buy a brand new car for no reason other then to go in debt. You are looking at economy cars. Your experience won't change if you spend 5000 or 15,000. So save money buy used and don't fuck yourself just cause "ooh shiny new car and much warranty"
>>
>>13990449
I was able to get a brand new car for less than a used one. Interest rates on used cars is absurd. I got 0% interest on a brand new car where a gently used older car would have cost more after interest.

The dude wants a reliable vehicle, not some broke ass car with 100k miles that is still on the original engine/transmission and the ad will cite that like it's a good thing when it just means ones of the two (or both) will need major repairs soon.
>>
>>13990417
Not in the long run
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.