[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this worth 5k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (85KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 800x534px
Engine rebuild – Engine was rebuilt and new internals order from VAC Motorsports including CP Forged Piston set (11:1 compression), VAC Forged Stainless Steel High Performance Valves (with Inconel exhaust valves), Per VAC (“…a must-have when building a high performance and very high revving engine: They dramatically reduce valve weight and this improves valve train reliability greatly as the valve springs do not have so much mass to control. Crucial on the M50 family of engines like these.”), VAC Hardened Valve Lock Keepers, VAC Solid Lifter Conversion Kit, VAC High Performance Valve Springs and Valve Retainers. – Approx $4,000 in parts.
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 800x534px
Engine other – Turner Stage 3+ kit consisting of aFe Euro Cold Air Intake (heat shield, HFM adapter and intake tube), Porsche 911.3.5” HFM (Bosch #0 028 217 803), Turner HFM wiring harness adapter and bracket, 24lb injectors, M50 manifold, M50 manifold adapter kit, Schrick performance camshafts (264/256 degrees), and Turner Motorsports Shark Injector software. With this kit, rev limiter is increased, and gains per Turner are 50 wheel horsepower and 17 pounds of torque). Kit currently retails for - $2,761.95. Also Silicone ASC Delete boot. Cruise control unit and washer bottle have been deleted for weight savings. Also has Turner MotorSports E36 Power Pulleys $249.00 (Turner claims 10 WHP and 7 lbs. of torque).
Exhaust – Stock except Cat Back Stromung Exhaust fromUndersteer.com - $625.00 +
Cooling System: Entire cooling system replacement from Turner Motorsports including Fluidyne Race Aluminum Radiator, EMP/Stewart High Performance Water, new expansion tank, Samco silicon hoses, new thermostat, new thermostat housing, new cooling level sensor, and new radiator cap. Total for these items was - $1,007.00 excluding tax and shipping.
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 800x534px
Stock except Cat Back Stromung Exhaust fromUndersteer.com - $625.00 +
Cooling System: Entire cooling system replacement from Turner Motorsports including Fluidyne Race Aluminum Radiator, EMP/Stewart High Performance Water, new expansion tank, Samco silicon hoses, new thermostat, new thermostat housing, new cooling level sensor, and new radiator cap. Total for these items was - $1,007.00 excluding tax and shipping.
Suspension – Replaced shocks with Bilstein Sport Shocks, added H&S Sport Spring Set, installed strut tower reinforcement plates, replaced sway bar, replaced all bushings, replaced rear sub frame mounts, inner and outer camber arm bushings, inner and outer upper spring arm bushing, differential mounts, and replaced rear shock mounts. Added X-Brace. Total cost was over $2,000.
>>
File: image.jpg (106KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 800x534px
Drive Train – UUC EVO3 “Ultimate Short Shifter” - $325.00. New engine mounts. - $57.00
Interior – MOMO steering wheel but original M steering wheel will be included with car. Huper Optic Tint (about $700). Airbags have been removed but all will be included with car. Speakers and Amp have been removed with OEM radio blank insert but all speakers have been retained and will be included with the car. The speakers are from Bavsound and were over $300. Carpet was removed, soundproofing was removed to decrease weight and carpet was replaced. Included with car will be a Hard Motorsports (see picture) battery disconnect switch - $129.00 (never installed).
Exterior – Sunroof delete with carbon fiber insert. - $350.00 Lightweight battery with Russ Wiles lightweight batter box. – About $250, Turner Fog Light Block Off Covers - $36.00. M3 ‘Lightweight’ Flag decal. Front Tow hook and OEM BMW Euro Ellipsoid headlights with glass lenses. - $365.00
>>
Brakes – Currently running with Hawk Street / Track Pads.
Wheels – APEX ARC 8 18x18.5 in Anthracite Finish - $1,200. Also will include set of stock wheels from an E36 (non – M) 17x8.5 (paid $350.00 for the set see picture).
Tires – Running Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 235/40 R18 on all four wheels (not-staggered). Fronts are probably at 50% and rears are about 80%.
>>
Or rather than being a dickhead you could link to the ad.
>>
Lol no
>>
>>13989447
http://m.ebay.com/itm/BMW-M3-Base-Coupe-2-Door-/141845557464?nav=SEARCH
>>
>>13989483
It's a thrashed shitheap the owner is trying to sell as a race car while listing every little thing ever done to it.

The gearbox will explode within 10,000 miles and the 'sunroof delete' leaks.

I can only imagine how much it fucking rattles on the road.

Don't touch it.
>>
I don't know why he's listing off prices like it fucking matters. I hate when people think they can get out what they put in to a car.

That said it has a good list of mods. M50 throttle body, ecu flash, and solid lifter conversion with the valves I'm sure helped a lot.

As far as being worth $5k none of that shit matters. It's an M3 with a straight body and they don't really get much cheaper than that.

I'd get rid of that LWT decal asap though. Shit is rice.
>>
>>13989498
>The gearbox will explode
source?
>the sunroof delete leaks
source?
>>
>>13989401
>buying modified cars
enjoy your hopless pit of despair
>>
>>13989519
>source?
Not him, but they almost always do on E36s.

I wouldn't buy it. E36s need to be worked on with care. You have no idea what this thing has gone through and it's likely to blow up in your face randomly.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.