[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a delivery driver for a car rental company anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (149KB, 901x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149KB, 901x1600px
Ask me anything if you're interested. I'm male, 20, and Europe-based. I will, however, not tell you the name of the company.
>>
>>13978176
Why are 30, 50, and 130 km/h points red?
>>
>>13978176

4900 rpm redline, europe confirmed.
>>
>>13978238
30 is the limit in reduced-traffic areas, 50 is the limit in the city and 130 is the recommended maximum speed.
>>
>>13978246
yeah, 3.0 Diesel engine in an A6 quattro. Maximum torgue at 3250-4500 RPM, so it wouldn't make sense to let the engine rev higher.
>>
>>13978246
Aren't any diesel audis in america?
>>
>>13978176
How do you get back after delivering a car?
>>
>>13978290
they are very uncommon
>>
>>13978295
Why? In my opinion, it's the best engine for a A6 quattro
>>
>>13978283
>3.0 Diesel

Sacrificing your health and environment just to save few shekels on fuel.
>>
>>13978306
why? i dont care i hate audis.
i can rant on how they are made to be near disposable and a pain in the ass but thats for another thread
>>
>>13978176
I used to do something similar. Sure as fuck wasn't allowed to show up in worn jeans
>>
>>13978294
Either a collegue picks me up, or I get another car at the station or at the customer where I delivered the first car to.

>>13978306
I still feel like they are kind of underpowered, especilly at high speed.

>>13978308
Diesel is about 1/3 cheaper here plus the cars don't burn nearly as much gasoline as they would if they burned petrol.

>>13978314
yeah, I really don't know why we don't have to wear company clothes.
>>
Is the job easy to get into? i would love to be a car delivery driver

also have you ever seen vanishing point?
>>
>>13978176
How does the A6 diesel drive? I see that you're at 2500 RPM at 62 km/h. That seems a bit high for the speed. Is the gearing good?
>>
>>13978360
It's really easy to get into, at least it was for me. I just went into my local branch and asked for a job and they instantly hired me. Most rental companies are desperately looking for drivers, but if they put a job ad online or in newspaper they only get people who just want to drive some fast cars. What do you mean by vanishing point though?
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 610x610px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 610x610px
>>13978366
Gearing's okay, it's a 7-speed automatic and I usually drive in sport mode, that's why RPM is so high. I'm not a fan of diesel cars because of lack of power at high speed. It takes 6 seconds to get from 0-60mph but felt 40 seconds to get to 130mph.
>>
>>13978374
did they look for any job history/did they have a criteria? ive only done pizza delivery but i would love to travel and drive new and unique cars to places. Does it pay well?

also, vanishing point is a movie from 1971, about an existentialist delivery car driver that goes on a spiritual quest while delivering. great movie, one of my favourites
>>
>>13978395
the only criteria was a driver's license. I was actually thinking of working as a pizza delivery driver before I had the idea to ask the car rental for a job because I really wanted to drive for a living, but I'd rather not be yelled at by old people because there aren't exactly 14 1/5 mushrooms on the pizza I didn't even make, you feel? And no I haven't seen in it haha.
>>
>>13978395
Oh, I get minimum wage. 450€/month, that's okay since it's just a side job. I'm currently in college.
>>
>>13978176
oh look, a fellow Sixt driver, hello!
>>
>>13979347
close, but it's not Sixt haha
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.