[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

crown vic thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 11

File: HIMG_6366 (13).jpg (49KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
HIMG_6366 (13).jpg
49KB, 1200x800px
Hello /o/

Are these cars good daily drivers? Considering picking one up. Any suggestions and things to look for?

Can someone post that picture that says HOLY SHIT IS THAT A P71
>>
they get the mpg of a truck without the utility, so no they are fuckin useless autism mobiles typically driven by stoners and magic the gathering enthusiasts.

>muh fake cop car
>>
>good daily drivers

Depends on what you look for in a DD. I like mine because it's comfortable and fun enough to drive but it won't stay my DD once I get my rustang back up and running. It's not slow exactly, but it's not really fast either. It's got a lot of space and decent seats though. P71's are pretty lacking on amenities, if that bothers you.

Some people worry about gas mileage despite gas being cheap as shit, if you're one of them it's definitely not the car for you. I recommend finding one with a trac-lok rear end. Not all P71's had it as an option but most people don't even know if they have it or not so it usually doesn't add anything to the price and it makes it a much more fun car to own. People like to talk about them. I thought it was neat when I first got my mustang and people would come up at the gas pump or in parking lots to talk about it even though they're common as shit. Then I got my crown vic which is even more common and frankly less impressive yet people still want to come up and ask about it constantly.

Overall it's a decent daily driver. Mostly got mine because it was cheap and shared enough critical parts with my mustang that it made sense to do so. I don't regret it and plan to hang on to it. Can fit fishing rods inside without bending or breaking them down and can fit a jon boat or kayak on top easily or tow a boat behind since they can town a couple of tons without issue.
>>
>>13972629
Agreed on most points, but for a young poorfag aren't they cheap,available and easy to work on
>>
>>13972638
Also

>>13972629
this guy is partially right. They have a lot of utility but they're definitely fedorabarges and while there are plenty of cool panther owners, most P71 owners are spazzes.
>>
File: 1448341372891.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1448341372891.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
>>13972617
Just bought one a few weeks ago and put about 1000 miles on it so far. I needed a cheap reliable car to make frequent long highway drives with and this was the best I could find.

Honestly, I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do. It's pretty civilized for daily duties, but they really shine on the highway. The ride is much more comfortable than I expected from a cop car and while it's not really fast, its got enough grunt in the low end/mid range to make it fun to drive.

Highway MPG isn't too bad considering the weight of the car, especially if you keep your foot out of it or lock it into cruise control. I averaged about 25mpg highway. City MPG is considerably worse.

I lucked out and got what much have been a supervisors car. It's got matching front and rear seats, no signs of a cage or excessive drill holes, Stock CD player, power seats, cruise control, 129k and only about 1000 idle hours. Overall, I don't think I could have found a better driver for $1700.

>>13972638
>>13972638
>People like to talk about them. I thought it was neat when I first got my mustang and people would come up at the gas pump or in parking lots to talk about it even though they're common as shit. Then I got my crown vic which is even more common and frankly less impressive yet people still want to come up and ask about it constantly.

THIS

Honestly, I've only had the car for less than a month and it's already getting a little annoying. Everyone is under the impression these cars are faster than they are or there is something really special and different about them. When I tell them it's not really that fast and only makes 250hp, they look at me like I'm the one who doesn't know what I'm talking about.

>Still got the "Interceptor Motor"? I hear they swap them out before they sell to the public.

>Got a cop chip?

>I know those aren't governed. What's the top speed?

>It's got a 5.0 right?

TLDR: I like my car but they really do attract a lot of idiots.
>>
File: Ford_Crown_Victoria_LX[1].jpg (124KB, 1824x896px) Image search: [Google]
Ford_Crown_Victoria_LX[1].jpg
124KB, 1824x896px
Don't buy a P71.
Buy a civilian Crown Victoria.
Put P71 shit on it.
Thank me later.
>>
File: 1409029145891.jpg (211KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1409029145891.jpg
211KB, 1200x900px
For OP
>>
>>13972702
As someone with a p71, youre right.
>>
>>13972702
>>13973038
>He doesn't like randomly cut wires
>>
File: IMG_20151126_210411510.jpg (4MB, 5344x3006px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151126_210411510.jpg
4MB, 5344x3006px
Don't listen to the naysayers. I have a P74 (Civilian Version) and it's a fantastic car. It's very reliable and not as costly on gas as people say they are. They get 24 Mpg on the highway, and 17 city driving. The suspensions are nice and soft making for a very comfy ride. Now with the P74 you wont have all the performance bits you get with the P71, but it has more creature comforts. They are practical and the trunks have ridiculous space in them.

As the other anon said, if you would like P71 performance, buy a P74 and put P71 things on it.
>>
>>13973205
For the record, the main performance differences for the P71's are that they're tuned for more aggressive shift points, they have aluminum driveshafts, oil coolers and dual exhaust. Some packages also have heavier springs and shocks or LSD's though all those are also available on civilian models (as is dual exhaust).

In other words, there's not really much of a performance difference at all, especially for day to day driving. Find one with dual exhaust and a trac-lok rear end and have fun regardless of which model it is.
>>
I loved my P71, and I'd buy another over a civvie crown vic because the vinyl floors are the best thing ever.

Fuck carpets.
>>
This guy from >>13972693 again

>>13972702
>>13973205
Yeah, it really depends what you're looking for.

I got really lucky with my p71. It's got the added cop performance shit, but the amenities really make it much more easy and comfortable to daily drive.

If I had to choose between my CD player, power seats and cruise control or the slight performance boost of the p71, I'd take the creature comforts easily.

I will say this though... It's probably a lot cheaper and less time consuming to buy a p71 and retrofit it with p74/MGM/TC amenities than vice versa.

>>13973302
My p71 has carpet. Kinda wanted the plastic floors but whatever.
>>
File: crown vics.jpg (433KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
crown vics.jpg
433KB, 1200x900px
just for you op
>>
"hay man is that a polease intersepter"
"Does it got da cop kompoter in'it?"
"betcha mash on it an it really goes"
"ya some kind of cop... undercover."

>>13973205
If I had to buy a panther again I'd just get a "busted" 90s MGM or TC and scavenge junkyards for p71 parts. The "civilian" CV is the bottom of the barrel: cheap interior, still looks like a cop car.
>>
>>13972617
Put 300,000 on mine, great mileage for a V8, easy to maintain and fix if something goes wrong, big enough to fuck all but the largest of land whales in the back seat (or front) and a trunk that you can fit 2, maybe 3 bodies in. Ya know, if you needed to.

Get one. Great daily driver. And if you fuck it up, you're only out a couple thousand max.
>>
>>13972702
Best advice, panthers are good cars, but don't fall for the p71 meme.

Find a LX Sport or LSE.
>>
File: 18v3adnvxv7afjpg.jpg (39KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
18v3adnvxv7afjpg.jpg
39KB, 636x358px
Why do we always talk about Vic and P71 but not the Grand Marquis or Town car? Aren't they much more livable cars with the same engine? Personally I'd try to find a Marauder, always admired that car, even if' it's perpetually owned by niggers.
>>
File: 1396583081678.png (557KB, 1013x4585px) Image search: [Google]
1396583081678.png
557KB, 1013x4585px
>>13977043
>and a trunk that you can fit 2, maybe 3 bodies in.
>>
>>13977074
/o/ scares me sometimes
>>
>>13977074
>>13977101
>tfw you were the OP in that thread
>tfw someone else posts the cap in P71 threads
>>
File: DSC_2004.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2004.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Haven't been doing much with my p71 lately. Just driving around blaring the radio not a care in the world.
>>
>>13972641

so are hondas
>>
Theyre ok on fuel (not great, not bad for a large v8 car meh city decent hwy)

Ever retard will think you're a cop

Cheap parts

Easy maintenance

very durable and cheap overall cost

roomy inside, big trunk

comfort is soso
>>
>>13977074
>>13977101
>>13977138
On the first day of aut/o/mas, my true love gave to me... a P71 trunk of hooker ash
>>
File: DSC_2018.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2018.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
I have been daily driving mine for over a year now. Completely doable. Everyone that gets to ride in it ends up liking it in one way or the other. Normies think they are fast, all love the v8 sound. Almost every junk yard will have one.

Things to consider, 2003 and newer are the best handling and have rack and pinion steering, 2004 got a better air intake, 2005 is drive by wire throttle and other computer modernization updated steering wheel , 2006 has the tachometer cluster, halfway through 2006 idle hour meter added, 2008 has e85 capability.

Don't expect the rear doors to open from inside, most cop cars have no hardware in there. You can find them off taxis rear doors.
>>
They are comfortable,durable, and fairly powerful for price point, but not amazing daily drivers. Poor MPGs, huge and a pain to park, don't handle well. Bad choice for a city.
>>
>LOOK AT ME
>I DRIVE A COP CAR
>I OPEN CARRY AT THE GROCERY STORE
>EVERYTIME I GET IN I TALK I TO A CIGARETTE CARTON
>>
>>13972617
buy a miata
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.