[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /o/ think of Maserati?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

What does /o/ think of Maserati?
>>
ferrari's slutty sister.
>>
File: 20151124_164338.jpg (688KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20151124_164338.jpg
688KB, 1400x1050px
If you have to get one get the automatic. I like the cars but they just can't handle being driven like a "normal" vehicle, if you buy one expect to be spending $10-20k in service for every 30k miles you drive.
>>
File: IMG_9452.jpg (2MB, 3504x2336px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9452.jpg
2MB, 3504x2336px
Picture I took! But in all seriousness classy car, I can tell you that the ghibli has a very throaty Italian sound. The crackles on the downshifts are pure bliss.
>>
>>13969845
I saw a GranTurismo rear-end an M6 yesterday. That was bretty cool.
>>
>>13970043
lol that would make my day
>>
>>13970043
Pics or it didn't happen.
>>
File: Omar Dogan.jpg (547KB, 851x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Omar Dogan.jpg
547KB, 851x1200px
>>13969845

Like most luxury cars, it's overpriced and will lose 85-90% of it's value over the next 10 years.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/cto/5282823339.html
>2004 Maserati Cambiocorsa (2-door)
>Good condition
>73,000 miles

It was $86,524 new, and he's asking for $17,995.
-$68,529 over 11 years.

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/5311636956.html
>2005 Maserati Quattroporte (4-door)
>Good condition
>63,000 miles

It was $96,850 new, and he's asking for $26,000
-$70,850 over 10 years.

And once you include maintenance fees, it just seems like a stupid purchase.

If you just want the attention a Maserati gets, but don't want to waste money, buy a Lotus Elise or any Roadster.
>>
>>13970084
I should've. White Maserati and a silver M6. Just South Florida shit man. I actually didn't see the impact, but the Maserati with no front bumper was going up on the flatbed while the M6 was still waiting for its tow. BMW didn't look like it got it too bad, but you know that is a $20k fender bender right there.
>>
>>13970095
I see a lot in my area, I'm sure a lot of them are leased, so they don't have to worry about resale.
>>
>>13970016
>ghibli
>italian
all masi a shit
good job security though so keep buying
>>
>>13970095
would maintenance really be THAT bad? i mean couldn't you get aftermarket stuff?
>>
>>13970186
>would maintenance really be THAT bad?
Yep
>i mean couldn't you get aftermarket stuff?
nope
>>
>>13969845
Fuhrary's shittier, cheaper cousin.
>performance of a Corvette
>price of a 911 GT3
>luxury of a BMW
>quality of a chrysler
>looks of an inbred
>>
>>13970186
>aftermarket stuff
>exotic cars
Yep, you can get it. However, all custom made, low production run, and very expensive.
>>
>>13970114
>Just South Florida shit man.
Why is the traffic such shit this year? I swear it is worse than last year.
>>
>>13969845
Purely for visability, overall hold little value
>>
Tfw the new Maserati uses a modified 3.6 pentastar, yes the same engine as a caravan. Mid 2000s quattroportes are now dirt cheap and are kind of cool but im sure you'd be broke faster than if you got a similar vintage 7series or s-class.
>>
>>13970552
I was actually lookin at used Maseratis a couple months ago just to see what they were running. The GranTurismos still hold their value pretty well compared to the Quattroportes. But still, used Maserati...

I'd rather grab the used 360 if I wanted to get raped at the Ferrari dealer every couple of months.
>>
File: 14343332032730.jpg (49KB, 605x807px) Image search: [Google]
14343332032730.jpg
49KB, 605x807px
>>13969845
My dream brand, but I'm too poor to afford any 2-5yo model
>>
>>13970559
Used Quattro pre 2005 (you can identify them by a funny dildi instead of gear selector) are so cheap because of the shitty sequential gearbox that requires $4k clutch replacement every 20k miles or something. Restyled Quattro has ZF 6HP that used to be installed in BMWs, and some other british cars. Pretty crappy transmission if you ask me (I owned a BMW with it), but still more reliable than that robotic one.
Other than that, Maserati are quite reliable
>>
>>13969845
For as much as they're worth they really don't stand out like other makes in the same price range.
>>
>>13970621
Clutch jobs are more like 8k, the parts themselves are nearly 3k. Mileage depends on how you drive them but can be anywhere from 10k to 30k miles per clutch. They definitely aren't that reliable outside of that either, they all have a problem with the cam variators that requires machine work to fix, another 5k job. Fortunately they have chains instead of belts but you still need to inspect the chains and guides often. Aside from the clutch itself the clutch sensors have problems as well, they should be replaced when the clutch is replaced but if they go bad it's the same 12 hour job to get to it because you have to remove the transaxle, torque tube, and clutch unit and all the things in their way to get to it. These are just the common problems, any number of small things can and will go wrong, they are Italian, dry sump, have lots of electronics, it's not a car that you can just pile on miles without thinking.
>>
The ones that buy them now are Arabs and Indians.
>>
>>13969845
Unreliable trash
>>
>>13969845
Friend's dad had a Gran Turismo for less than two years before the constant failure pissed him off and he sold it. Dude owns an S63 and a G63, with a G65 on order, so it wasn't a money issue. The car was just that annoying.
>>
The only good thing about Maseratis is how they sound.
>>
>>13969855
Lovely
>>
Maserati is actually trying to go downmarket now to compete with Mercedes and BMW. It isn't going to work given their terrible track record for reliability.

Their cars depreciate incredibly fast.
>>
Neat cars, but I'd rather have an Aston.
>>
>>13969845
Cars for rich egotists that want something flashier than a Mercedes and more daily drivable than a Ferrari.
>>
>>13972386
It's still better than their last business model of "make a Ferrari without a Ferrari badge"
>>
Not nearly as good as Mazdarati
>>
Just a slightly fancier Infiniti G37 when it comes down to it
>>
I think they're cool.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.