[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coolant issues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: gauge.png (165KB, 291x268px) Image search: [Google]
gauge.png
165KB, 291x268px
I recently change the coolant pump and the coolant itself.

I had a few problems since then where temperature wasn't stable. I did 3 different bleedings of air with some inclination and none of them seemed to work.

After that I changed the temperature sending unit and apparently that was the main issue.

Now the car runs slightly hotter than previously, check the image blue line is now and green line in the middle was previously.

My question is can a -26C coolant for cold climates be the reason it is running hotter when normally over here you would use a -5C coolant. So is there a chance that due to the alcohols and chemicals in it it has worse cooling abilities?

PS: Honda Civic 98
>>
Yes, water works better than antifreeze at exchanging heat.

The higher the antifreeze percentage the worse it will be in warm weather.
>>
>>13965879
So I shouldn't worry too much on that slight difference.

Like the engine runs perfect, no engine light and I only need to do a 3500km trip to a colder region.
>>
>>13965889
Well, you should use the proper coolant.
But, no I wouldn't really worry about it being where it is.

Try rebleeding it but squeezing all the kinks and bends in the radiator hoses with the car inclinded so the open cap is the highest point.
>>
>>13965889
I wouldn't worry too much since you changed out the sending unit.
>>
>>13965889
Honestly, you should just drain like 20% of it out and fill with water and then refill with antifreeze when you get to a colder climate.

I'm sure it's fine, but if I was about to go on a 2,000 mile drive I'd make sure my cooling system wasn't fucking up.
>>
>>13965939
That would just dilute the capabilities of the coolant.

I might do that since I am not particularly happy of doing a trip like that with "overheating"
>>
>>13965950
Water is the coolant. The antifreeze doesn't cool.

A car with 100% antifreeze would overheat as if there was nothing in the radiator at all.

I don't know what mixed you used, but it shouldn't really overheat even with 50/50 mix. Could just be your gauge or something like the sending unit not calibrated to the gauge, idk. But 50/50 shouldn't over heat even if it's like 20c outside.
>>
>>13965889
It'll actually be better on fuel ever so slightly
>>
Thanks for the help guys.
>>
It may be an issue with your thermostat not opening properly
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.