[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Cars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

File: 2015-cadillac-ats-coupe.jpg (76KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
2015-cadillac-ats-coupe.jpg
76KB, 960x540px
Why would anybody want to buy or lease a new car if they're supposedly "on a budget"? My family thinks that buying used is asking for reliability problems and buying new is always "worth it". Maybe I'm being a Jew, I think it's silly when you could have a vehicle that's a couple years old for a fraction of the price. Personally, I don't want to own any car that's newer than 1990.
If you have bought or leased a new car I would like to hear your reasons for it and if you are happy with it.
>>
File: maxresdefault (10).jpg (464KB, 1920x1277px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (10).jpg
464KB, 1920x1277px
It looks nicer, comfier, GPS, etc

Plus I don't wanna look poorer than I am desu

If you want a new car buy a used one off of Craigslist
>>
>>13963528
>Plus I don't wanna look poorer than I am desu
Why look rich and be poor when you could look poor and be rich?
>>
Had the same viewpoint. If you don't have time or experience to fix shit yourself, making payments on a new car is better on your budget if you don't have savings you can spare.
>>
>>13963764
Why not make lesser payments on a used car?
>>
>>13963764
>making payments on a new car is better on your budget if you don't have savings you can spare.

Or just, y'know, buy a reliable model of used car for significantly less money, still bring it into a dealer for fixes, and still end up with more money.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 599x387px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 599x387px
>>13963510
Honestly i agree, i dont think ill ever buy a new car, unless it's something like a 2013 frs or a new mustang or whatever, but even then I'll probably wont fianance when its so easy to buy a used car for a fraction of the price
>>
I remember hearing a cost break down of new/used cars. I think it came out that buying a new car does cost more but not by that much.
If you remember to factor in re-sale value it really evens out.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 550x535px
>>13963528

>caring about what people you dont know think of your car
>>
File: Toyota-86-3.jpg (629KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Toyota-86-3.jpg
629KB, 1600x1067px
>>13963510
I bought my car new. I plan keeping my car for +10 years.

Have you tried looking for used desirable sports cars like the sti or evo? They still sell for 20k even though they are ten years old and beat to shit.

Is it really that bad of an idea to buy a brand new car if you plan on keeping it for years and actually take care of it?

This thread is proof that the majority of /o/ is poor as fuck
>>
>>13965354
>proof that the majority of /o/ is poor as fuck
was there ever any doubt?
>>
>>13963528
But the C's got the iPad on the dash. Surely that negates all aesthetics.
>>
>>13965354

>This thread is proof that the majority of /o/ is poor as fuck

No shit, why do you think we worship twingos,miatas and ae86s here
>>
>>13965386
actually /o/ hates the ae86 because its 'overpriced', just further reinforcing the point we're all poor
>>
>>13965354
I too plan on keeping my vehicles for 10+years, yet I honestly have no desire to own any of the vehicles on the new market and have an aversion to buying anything new in general.
>>
>>13963976
Right, that was my argument and why I spent $6k on a used car instead of $23k on the new one I was looking at. But if you live paycheck to paycheck like the majority of poorfags, it's sometimes simpler to pay more in the long run and mildly fuck yourself over than it is to shell out $1000 repairs from time to time.
>>
Buy newer used, preferably lease returns. I've only purchased old ass cars for cash, but my dad always buys 1-2 year old models with extremely low miles, and since it's a lease return it was usually well taken care of. Plus, these days you still have some factory warranty left.
>>
>>13963528
>If you want a new car buy a used one off of Craigslist

what
>>
File: 00707_5YnhYmd8j2T_600x450(2).jpg (34KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
00707_5YnhYmd8j2T_600x450(2).jpg
34KB, 600x448px
>buying a new car for 20k+
>not buying 3 vehicles (98 mustang, 93 f250, and Honda RC 51) for right around 12k and maintaining them.

Stay pleb
>>
>>13965608
7.3?
>>
>>13965619
5.8 unfortunately. It's a 5 speed though
>>
Cheap parts and easy repairs > "reliability"
>>
>>13965608
lol just admit you don't have $20k, 98 mustang is pleb as fuck.
>>
>>13965608
That's my favorite gen. Someday I will own a mint 7.3 extended cab.
>>
>>13963510
Because Cadillacs have been steadily improving since 2003.
>>
>>13966167
>>
File: 1448164625828.gif (303KB, 298x156px) Image search: [Google]
1448164625828.gif
303KB, 298x156px
>>13965325
> New car
> 2013 mustang or frs.
>>
>>13965418
Well said sir.
>>
>>13965331
>advocating that you should not care about your appearance and you might as well never shower or brush your teeth or anything.

you realize when you get in a car, you are now perceived as the car, and not you? if you want to roll around being the car equivalent of a fat person on a scooter at walmart with grease stains and a disgusting body and shit, thats fine by me, but dont go telling people who wear versace they "THEY SO DUM BCUZ MY CLOTHES COVER MY BODY TOO"

you dont care about how people perceive you, that's fine. human nature is directly opposite to that cute little narrative though, so most people do care.
>>
File: BlackNoScience.jpg (41KB, 675x612px) Image search: [Google]
BlackNoScience.jpg
41KB, 675x612px
>>13963510
Some argue that if you really do support your favorite manufacturer, you ought to buy it new. Waiting for a used version of a car you like makes the company think they shouldn't be making that car, since they make less directe revenue from the car, and they make less cars that you like.
>tl;dr if you like the company, you give them your money

Otherwise I can't think of any reason to buy new honestly...
>>
>>13969407

Well, I'm looking at Mustangs from the dearler. And some of them have the performance package.
Looking back through cargurus, craigslist, and ebay. Some of these mustangs don't have all the options I want.

Which I figure is another reason.
But, looking at my dad's 1969 Impala. The only car he ever bought new. He had like 5-6 Transmission options and 4-5 engine options.
>>
>>13965418
Ive always heard lease returns are trash because the people dont own it and dont give a shit about it. Is that generally true?
>>
>>13969559
YES. But it's in the contract of the lease that the car must be brought in for regular maintenance.

Also leased cars are driven less than cars that are bought - which is another requirement of the lease contract.
>>
>>13963764
>making payments on a new car is better on your budget if you don't have savings you can spare
Who needs savings? Keep a credit card reserved for repairs. When something breaks, put it on the card and pay it off over several months.

According to Google, the average new-car payment in the US is $479/mo. For that much money, I could have the engine in my used car replaced literally every year, and still come out cheaper.

Tl;dr, unless you are doing multiple engine swaps per year, it is cheaper to buy a new car.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.