[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>900 kg >open wheel >150 kW JUST

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: prost heidfield formula e.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
prost heidfield formula e.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
>900 kg
>open wheel
>150 kW
JUST
>>
That is 2094 lbs. and 201 HP for the noncuk parts of the world.
>>
>>13961974
So a slightly faster stripped focus.
>>
INSTANT TORK DECIMATION
>>
>>13961939
>kW

nazi pls go
>>
>>13961939
>>13961974
Jesus are they really that heavy? Even steel spaceframe club racers from the 90s are only like 1200lbs.
>>
>>13962136
>Nazi
Sure thing, knuckle dragger.
>>
>>13962149
http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/guide/car.aspx?page=1334
>Minimum weight (inc driver): 888kg (batteries 320kg)
Damn, pretty fucking close. That is shit tier, especially for something with a modern carbon tub chassis. What's the excuse for that, the batteries? This really needs to be a car development class, none of this spec racing faggotry.
>>
>>13962201
It was always the hope that they (the FIA) could bring it to be more inline with Formula 1 with more open development but they started using the spec cars made by Renault to increase the popularity of the sport so they could bring more attention while it was cheap, then once the money starts rolling in, probably in the next couple years they're going to go development
>>
>wwwiiiirrrrrr
>scrape scrape scrape

Wow, I sure love listening to a carbon tub scrape across the ground. Really visceral experience watching a bunch of oversized r/c cars. This truly is the future.
>>
>>13962136

are you american and do you use "fahrenheit"?

if so, please consider the irony
>>
>>13964973
Personally, I liked it better than ear splitting loudness.
>>
Honestly Formula E could have been amazing if it weren't for freaking fanboost.

I dislike the extremely sharp corners they have in the tracks too, it just means people are forced to do very risky moves or divebombs for a position in a very fragile open wheeler.

I feel like tracks such as albert park or gilles villeneuve would be perfect alternatives. If they add some of those in the mix the sport would really take off.

Most drivers are pretty well known names, and we could see factory teams really getting into it especially with the whole "electric engines are the future" movement.
>>
>>13962201
The plan was to not ruin it with extremely expensive R&D like Bernie did to F1. They want to make it friendly to teams that don't have huge funds like factory backed teams in hopes of attracting more entries.
>>
>>13966600
>Personally, I liked it better than ear splitting loudness.
Wtf are you doing here?
>>
>>13962201
>car development class
but that's literally F1
>>
>>13966608
Agreed. It would be more interesting if all drivers had that boost, not just the ones who win the popularity contest. And yeah, when I saw the Long Beach race a year ago the first turn looked like amateur hour.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zBFeAPSpbM

>dem straight cut gears
>still sound like a cheap RC car
>>
>>13966608
>I dislike the extremely sharp corners they have in the tracks too

I don't know what the top speed of these cars is but my guess would be that the tracks have corners like they do to hide the lack of top speed.
>>
>>13966997
that is true, but they are open wheeler formula cars. Cars like that excel in long tight corners with decent amounts of speed involved. With most of the tracks they used last season they could never really fully rely on their aero.

I feel like F1 tracks that have only 1 straight and a lot of those long corners would be perfect. Also Brands Hatch could work
>>
>you will never be able to get your hands on some formula e tires for your track day
Eat shit, pilot super sports
>>
>>13964951
>>13966615
It's not even cheap though.

>>13966619
And like half of all formulas. Pretty much every formula that isn't expressly for the purpose of driver development only (aka kids with rich dads) is a car development class to at least some extent.
>>
>>13967324
Of course it isn't cheap, but it's not as expensive as F1 or prototype classes in WEC, so it is the best series for teams who want to incorporate electric power
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.