[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2001 Acura Integra 95% Jap-prod

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5649[1].jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5649[1].jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
B18 non-VTEC DOHC 1.8L 4cyl engine, has 118k miles on it. Will post a few pics, bought the car about a month ago (I'm the second owner, original owner garage kept, waxed/polished, babied this car). Now it's leaked 4qts of oil since my mechanic and I changed the oil 2,500 miles ago. Mechanic now says I'm looking at having to replace the crank shaft, or just drop a new engine in it instead of prolonging the inevitable. The oil pressure warning light never came on until I was already hearing metal on metal action. I've put 3qts of oil and 1qt of Lucas honey in her, hopefully this will keep her running until I can either A. find a new car to drive to work or B. determine whether or not I need a new car. So, /o/, how fucked am I?
>>
File: IMG_5646[1].jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5646[1].jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Another pic
>>
>>13961722
Further information -
The leak is not a direct spillage, as there has been literally zero leakage on my drive-way. I'm assuming the leakage is occurring at high-temps/RPM's and just burning off on the engine block. The metal-on-metal started a couple nights ago after I was getting off work, and went away after the engine was done rolling over. Then the sound would persist at 4,000RPM and higher.
>>
>>13961722
Nigger what? Don't you check your oil once a week minimum?
Get a b20. Those things are cheap as fuck. I got mine with 74,000km for 350 dollars.
>>
>>13961741
I usually check it around once a month, I've never bought a car I figured I'd have to fuck around with a lot. I've had this car for about as long.
>>
The oil leak you posted is a very common b series problem and absolutely will not leak 4qt of oil without being noticeable. Your engine would be completely black by now which has NEVER happened from a cam cap leak on that engine. The oil light is known as an idiot light so by the time it comes on you're fucked also Lucas Honey will finish off that engine in short order. You said you heard metal on metal so you did quite severe damage already but if the sound has went away then go ahead and change the oil to regular 10w30 and if the sound comes back then look for another engine.
>>
>>13961722
You know what you should tell your stupid mechanic? "It's a Honda, you don't know what youre talking about" and drive away.
>>
>>13961785
The area on the left side of the engine, underneath where I am pointing to, was almost entirely black before I wiped it down. I wiped it down after putting 3qts 10w30 1qt Lucas down the pipe, seeing as my dip stick was completely dry after several dips over a half an hour. I reiterate, there is no leakage on my driveway, additionally I never noticed any smoke coming out of the tailpipe. I'm assuming that it dripped onto the engine block and burned off there.
>>
>>13961785
Fuck you idiot, it's a god damned Honda what the fuck are you talking about common problems and doing damage and changing the engine. You never have to change a Honda engine fool you can drain out all the oil and you still have 20 minutes of life left before you have to change shit.
>>
>>13961840
This is OP not, to clarify - thank you for being helpful.
>>13961847
>>
>>13961840
Don't listen to that fag he just wants you to spend money when you don't have to. Just put 10w30 S2000 oil (thats what they recommend for the S2000) and you're good to go.
>>
>>13961855
I still have a bit of clank every so often when I'm turning over the engine. Is this negligible? I was thinking about swapping to a K20A2 in the spring when I have some money coming in, but right now I need something I can drive.
>>
>>13961861
K20 is a god engine, swap it over when you're ready otherwise a little bit of noise in a Honda engine means nothing. You can go probably another 200k on that with proper oil and level.
>>
>>13961840
you didn't burn off 3qt of oil on the engine through a cam cap seal over a month. didn't happen.
>>13961855
>>13961847
just do what these idiots say OP. good luck.
>>
>>13961722
Change your pcv valve
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.