[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best used cars for $15-17k? Looking for something a little bit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: Niss-BRZ.jpg (1MB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Niss-BRZ.jpg
1MB, 2880x1800px
Best used cars for $15-17k?

Looking for something a little bit newer, unless it has styling that has aged well.

Been looking for my next car for a while and I've considered everything, I'd just like some extra opinions.

At this point the BRZ is at the top of the list for me.

I really want an e46 M3 and even though I can certainly find one for $17k, It's going to be hard to find a manual coupe that's been taken care of.

I would totally get a WRX or STI but I'm having trouble finding 09+ WRX's right now, the last one I was about to go check out in person was sold. I like the old WRX's and STI's but I'd like my next car to have modernish styling.

Let me know what you guys think... everything about the BRZ is perfect except for the power obviously.
>>
>>13952270
>BRZ
>$15-17k

Can't even get an FRS for that unless it's got a salvage title.

>I'm having trouble finding 09+ WRX's right now

Where I live, you have to drop down to 2006 for a WRX under $17K. Subarus already depreciate slowly. The hot ones even slower.
>>
>>13952353
Damn where do you live man?

Two pristine BRZ's like 20 miles from me for exactly $17k with like 30k-40k miles.
>>
>>13952270

you should be able to find quite a nice m3 for $17k... I would not get the BRZ.
>>
>>13952437
>Damn where do you live man?
>>
>>13952467
why not?
>>
>>13953356
Not the guy you're replying to and not a BRZ owner, this is second hand from a BRZ owner at the local car-group I hang out with:

Basically, the car is 80% done. It handles well, but could handle a little bit better. It lacks power. Sure, it's fine for most people but if you actually want to throw the car around some corners and actually push the car, it needs a turbo, a new suspension, and some nice wheels/tires. In other words, you are buying a car knowing it needs parts just to feel like it's complete much less "enhanced."

For what it's worth, that guy dropped about $10k into the car (according to him) before he said he felt happy with it. Your mileage may vary, but at least based on what he said, you either buy it just to have fun in an underpowered go-kart, or you buy it knowing you will need to dump a lot of money making it feel like it the car it should be.
>>
04-07 wrx are stylish and within the price range. The 06-07 ones look pretty similar to the 09+ models. Even better imo
>>
>>13952353
>Can't even get an FRS for that unless it's got a salvage title.

OP's a little optimistic but $18k is plausible if you're willing to travel and take one with tens of thousands of miles on it.

I would totally do it although realistically with tax, title, license and a full service assuming the last owner was an idiot a $20k budget is what your actual cost would be to park a decent one in your driveway.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97077
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96508
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97781

Cars.com shows 180+ FR-S under $18k. They only show 15 BRZ's and some of them definitely are priced low enough to have been crashed or they're just really high mileage.
>>
just make sure it isnt a salvage title, and that the services have been done at a dealer.

probably would not get a e36/e46 m3, as it wont really be noticeably faster, and be a pain in the ass when it comes to maintenance and repairs.
>>
>>13955133
OP here, the BRZ that I'm looking at has 40k miles, it's $17,000 and it was bought new at the dealership it's being sold at again. It's also been serviced at that same dealership.
>>
>>13953373
Well said from that man. Even though I'm not an owner yet, whenever I've considered purchasing one I always find myself looking at turbo kits and bolt on parts before I even purchase the car as if I know I won't be happy unless I have more power.
>>
File: s2000.jpg (353KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
s2000.jpg
353KB, 1024x600px
S 2 0 0 0
>>
File: boy-rolling-eyes.jpg (126KB, 284x423px) Image search: [Google]
boy-rolling-eyes.jpg
126KB, 284x423px
>>13952270
>$15-17k
>09+ WRX
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.