[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car Choice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

/o/, I'm looking for a second car. My main car is a boring camry but its comfortable and gets me from point a to b. I want this second car to be something fun to drive, something I can maybe throw in the twisties a bit and get the back end squirrelly. I've looked at the usual cars out there and on the sticky, however as time goes on alot of the 90's cars are drying up, have been modified by people who dont know what the fuck they're doing, or want to charge a "rice tax" to whatever shitbox their selling. TL; DR here are my parameters:
-Manual
-Easy to find parts for
-reliable
-something you dont see everyday (example being nothing with a rice tax like hatchback hondas, old gen supras, ect.)
-decent aftermarket support
-3 to 4k in price

Pic somewhat related
>>
>>13951226
Pic related with a few performance mods
>>
>>13951226
you can't find something that's
-Easy to find parts for
-decent aftermarket support
-3 to 4k in price

that's also

-something you don't see everyday

In all honesty, I am going to go full /o/ and scream MIATA IS ALWAYS THE ANSWER at you

By very definition, unique cars are going to suffer from price inflation the worst because most owners know it's hard to find them.
>>
File: 9363506950_9a0787cf8e_c[2].jpg (234KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
9363506950_9a0787cf8e_c[2].jpg
234KB, 800x530px
At the cost of being something you don't see everyday.
New edge mustang.
I'm personally getting one and websites like American Muscle have parts for them.

You can also get an earlier SN-95.

Also, Miata. Barring what /o/ says, I don't see a lot of miatas. In fact, maybe 1 or 2 a week. There is a large aftermarket too.
These replies are simple but they agree with what you say. for the most part.
>>
File: I am Monitoring this Thread.jpg (111KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
I am Monitoring this Thread.jpg
111KB, 800x600px
I'm in OP's exact same boat. Got a nice comfy ass, big, slow car that is my A to B car, but I'd like a car that's fun to drive. A sorta "rare" care, you know?
A Miata is what I desire, however, in my area they're a little pricy. Plus, snow soon. But I also would like to see what other options and recommendations /o/ has, too.
>>
>>13951288

I don't get the snow complaints. Any car anyone here is going to buy is made for all season.
Any car can handle all seasons. And they constantly do.

I'm not saying it takes a skilled individual to drive a RWD light car in the snow. Possibly imposing that I'm better. I'm not. I'm just saying millions of americans drive RWD vehicles in the snow and have no trouble at all.

Be as it may though, if you want to give in to a price point. AWD meme vehicles are there. Like the Subarus and Evos.
>>
>>13951307
My major concern is the rust. But to be fair, I hardly ever visit the car wash in the winter to clean off under my car. My current car got some serious ugly rust under it last year. Got it fixed though. In a Miata, I worry about the snow piling up over the non-hard top and maybe leaking in, and the rust to since it's so low.
>>
>>13951272
Thanks for the replies /o/. I been looking into mustangs, always liked them and had a buddy that had a Gen like this one. A miata would be cool, unfortunatly, im 6'1 and from what i read the top of the windshield would be directly in my line of view, so id have to stoop under the windshield or look over it. Plus im rather partial to having some storage space
>>
>>13951256
cant argue with you there, i guess what im saying is i dont want the usual answers of honda civic, 240sx, toyota supra, ae86, and everything else people put in their craigslist tags to get views. Want something that hopefully people wont have abused trying to be F&F
>>
>>13951350

You could also look into older corvettes, like the C4. Lord knows those motors see plenty of love.
But instead of a rice tax, you're obviously getting the vette tax.
C3 honorable mention.

Along with LS1 Firebirds and Catfish.
>>
fuck is with all this RWD stuff
>>
>>13951362
you mean the exact thing you're planning to do
you want a car that has nearly no aftermarket just so you can be a special snowflake
>>
>>13951367

THEN
MENTION
SOMETHING
ELSE
FAGGOT

Don't put some half ass input on what other people do, expecting them to have done something different.
You ain't my boss bitch nigga.
Tell me about the nice FWD or AWD cars.
COME ON DO IT

I'M TOTALLY ACCEPTING OF WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY.
OH WAIT, YOU AINT SAID SHIT YET BUT CRITIQUED
>>
>>13951362
At 3-4k, everything is going to have some level of abuse OP.

If you throw out the special snowflake component of your request, you have plenty of cars that fit the bill

-miata
-golf/gti
-impreza
-mustang
-old vette
-3 series
>>
>>13951367
just my preference

>>13951375
I dont follow....I plan on getting something reliable, enjoyable to drive, and has an aftermarket so if shit breaks i can find parts and maybe replace those parts with better parts. Aftermarket doesnt always mean Turbos and NAS buddy. Have a second car now with no aftermarket support meaning anytime shit breaks i have to run back to the manufacturer and pay out the ass
>>
>>13951408
Im cool throwing out the special snowflake category...i really didnt mean it to seem that way but i can see how that could be inferred. So far tho i like the mustang idea, also an older 3 series or vette would also be cool
>>
Thanks for all the replies guys

>>13951367
>>13951375
except for these two faggots
>>
Also in the same price point. Probably gonna eventually go with either:
>E36
>miata
>S13/14
I don't know much about BMW, which models should I look out for? Also, it's super hard to find a decent non taxed S chassis in my location so idk.
>>
Porsche 944
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.