[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

need some advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: 20151129_122319.jpg (203KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
20151129_122319.jpg
203KB, 800x1067px
Hey guys not sure if this is allowed here but I'm in need of some help. The other day i was going about 120km on a highway in my 2001 honda civic when i lost all power, engine light came on, a nice puff of black smoke grew behind me and i coasted to a stop. I could hear some thumping coming from within the car and it left a trail of oil. Upon closer inspection, it looks like there are two holes in what I believe to be my oil pan. The holes were created from the inside out. What could have caused this? Did i throw a few pistons? Is this repairable? Thanks a lot.
>>
>>13950742
If it threw anything, you need a new engine.

And it definitely threw something.

>Hondur reliability
>>
>>13950742
You're boned. That engine is trash.
>>
Definitely threw something. Didn't destroy the whole block though so could have been worse.

Probably need a new engine. It COULD be fixed, but it's probably cheaper to just get a remanufactured or junkyard motor to replace it.
>>
yep you're fucked. might as well pull the pan off and show us the carnage
>>
>>13950742
When was the timing belt last replaced?
>>
>>13950763
this. definitely cheaper going with an engine from a scrapped car. I find d17s all day for 300-400$.
>>
>>13950742
Engine is kill.
Time for a swap!
>>
>Honda
>reliable
this is what happens when you buy jap scrap
>>
>>13950784
Ive owned the car for about 2 years and have never replaced it.

Thanks a lot for the info guys. Guess I'll ask around and see what this will run me.
>>
>>13950828
That's what happens when you don't change your timing belt.

A $50 job just cost you a $600+ engine swap.
I'm assuming you can't do the work yourself so prepare to get ass raped.
>>
>>13950828
if you don't have a record of when it was last done you should always get it done. or better yet don't buy a piece of shit engine with a fucking belt
>>
>>13950836
>Timing belt
>$50 job
The belt might be $50, but that's a few hours of book time at a shop.
>>
>>13950856
still cheaper then an engine
>>
OP here, I'm not exactly a car enthusiast, I don't know the importance of a timing belt. A lesson harsh learned.
>>
>>13950974
Nevermind the timing belt - whens the last time the oil was changed?
When was the last time you checked the oil?
>>
>>13950974
most don't then their engine grenades and they wonder why. seriously new or old you should always check the maintenance schedule in the manual and make sure the important shit has been done
>>
>>13950983
I had 1500km left for my oil change. It could have used a top up though, I'm sure.
>>
>>13950742
Oil doesn't make black smoke.
>>
This is why regular maintenance and checks are important, uleh
>>
You guys are all fags ITT Don't be so quick to judge, do you forget It's a Honda!!! You can't kill a Honda by draining out the oil and you really think just driving normally will make a Honda engine blow up LOL This fag probably hit a curb or bottomed out because muh stance. We need more pictures and information because if a Honda has oil in it, it's never going to just blow up period.
>>
>>13951678
Yes it does.
>>
>>13951751
>oil smoke is blue
>coolant smoke is white
>fuel smoke is black

Are you confused as to what black looks like? For reference, it's the color of your skin, you uneducated nigger.
>>
>>13951767

Oh shit he burned you like your honda got burned by it's inferior nip engineering.
>>
>>13951742
it does when you don't swap out the fucking timing belt from time to time

>>13951767
go burn a bucket of oil and come back to get laughed at faggot
>>
>>13953189
No he's right oil burns blue, a car running too rich is black smoke, and sweet white smoke is coolant.
>>
>>13953215
yes but you're talking small amounts, heavy burning would be black. also when OPs engine grenaded i highly doubt it was looking for the colour, he would have just seen dark smoke
>>
>>13953243
>it was looking
he
>>
>OIL IS BLUE SMOKE
>NO ITS BLACK
>NO ITS PURPLE
>WUUUAHHHGHHHHHHHHH
lmao
>>
>>13950742
>honda interference master race

topkek
>>
>>13950836
>A $50 job just cost you a $600+ engine swap.
Last shop I was at wanted 2k for a belt swap because Subaru.
>>
Why does everyone say it's the timing belt, since when does a broken timing belt shove rods into the oil pan? How does that work
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.