[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>buying a car older than 1990 for your first car its a good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: 4219138-blue-sky-blue-water.jpg (909KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
4219138-blue-sky-blue-water.jpg
909KB, 2560x1600px
>buying a car older than 1990 for your first car
its a good idea
im a teenager xD
>>
Shitpost guy forgot his trip
>>
>>13950691
>>13950691

but for real
why cant i buy an 80s sportster for my first car
>>
I did this more than 10 years ago, dont see the problem it was cheap and reliable (toyota camry turbo diesel lmao)
>>
>xD
back to reddit faggot
>>
>>13950775
i was talking about the car
>>
>not getting classic insurance for $18/month

you guys are fucking clueless faggots
>>
File: ketchup_n_mustard_filters.jpg (643KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
ketchup_n_mustard_filters.jpg
643KB, 1200x1600px
>>13950708
What's stopping you? Quit being a little bitch and get the 80's car you want. Get a digital dash too. Chad Thundercock might get all the grills with his daddy's money Camaro or Mustang, but when you leave him at the lights in a haze of oil smoke from your 80's luxury sportster who will be laughing then?
>>
>>13950708
An 88 corolla gts was my first car. Not a sports car by any means, like a fwd mr2 which kinda kills the point. Having an older car teaches you a lot, especially stress management. I encourage people to buy older cars as their first which will quickly seperate true gearheads from the crybabies.
>>
>>13951106
Nope
>>
>>13951143
Yep
>>
>>13951168
Cant be more wrong dipshit
>>
>>13951200
about which part? So then is it a sports car? Is it not mechanically similar to an aw11 in say... engine and transmission choice, or even brake parts I do believe? Is having an older car not stressful at times when things snap or clog or just stop working? (Popups are glorious but another set of headaches alone)
I feel most people would say fuckit and toss an older car, but someone who really likes cars and loves their car will learn to wrench, Seperating people who "like cars" and love them.
>>
>>13951246
>>13951246

im saying he should get a civic
>>
>>13951280
Well sure easiest route would be a civic, even an 80s or 90s civic if he can find a way for it not to get stolen. Shit is like legos to fix, morons do it.
>>
>>13951291

and its an excellent sports car
>>
>>13951311
As sporty as any other fwd, easy to fix econobox who's sole purpose is to be cheap and get them mpgs. Maybe a high comp. cammed k20 swapped, stripped out eg hatch that's converted AWD with crv parts and slicks would be neat, but really no stock civic is a sports car.
>>
>>13951334
And for the price and time of what I mentioned, you can get a real car unless you have a honda fetish
>>
>>13951334
>>13951342
>>13951342
yeah this can't be more wrong
civics are amazingly sporty, even the stock baser models
>you can just get a real car
why you're a genius
why ever modify any car ever
>>
>>13951334
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Front-wheel-drive_sports_cars
>>
>>13951334
>civics
>econobox
What?
They are probably the sportiest, best econobox you can buy. Literally the only FWD car that does it right and takes full advantage of the drive train for autosports
>hurr rwd is the only drive for autosports
>>
>>13951345
By real car I mean you can certainly start with a better base.

>>13951359
I'm not saying necessarily that rwd is the only drive train setup for autosports, but it certainly helps. A stock 91 civic vs a stock 91 miata with drivers of equal skill who you think will win? They are both fairly light, underpowered 'sportscars' but one handles and turns significantly better than the other. I've taken exit ramps in civics 80ish mph I'm not saying they are shit, but 'sportscar' is by no means their intended purpose
>>
>>13951419
except the miata is significantly heavier and the civic makes more power
>>
>>13950672
>decide i want to learn about cars
>get a job as shop bitch
>taking automotive classes
>bought a 1990 with things constantly going wrong as a first car

All of those things combined I've learned quite a fucking bit about cars in the past year, before then i basically believed that cars ran on fucking magic.
Although I'm lucky enough that my dad used to be a mechanic and has an extra car so i can drive that while fixing all the shit going wrong with mine.
>>
>>13951561
wish i was that spoiled
im too poor for any of that and i dont have an in
>>
>>13951574
>too poor to get a job
Nigga what
>>
>>13951625

you cant work in an automotive place like that unless you have some situation like your dad's a mechanic
>>
>>13951474
The miata won't understeer into the third or fourth corner and bash into a wall, rendering it useless though. FWD is fun and fairly safe for shit conditions; does well on dirt and snow, but it has its limitations especially as power numbers go up.
>>
>>13951641
yeah ok
whatever dude
>>
File: bk2jpnk.png (504KB, 448x680px) Image search: [Google]
bk2jpnk.png
504KB, 448x680px
>>13950672
>>
>>13951632
My dad had no influence on me getting that job whatsoever. He USED to be a mechanic, he never even taught me a single thing about cars until i bought my own a few months ago and needed help fixing it.

I got the job a year ago by simply walking in with no previous knowledge and they started me out with just cleaning up and dealing with customers since its also a gas station, though i learned a lot by just watching and asking questions, now im actually helping out with jobs too.

A few of my friends got jobs in the automotive business with no prior knowledge too, just changing oil and tires and stuff.
If you really want an "in", its not as hard as you think to find one, at least get out there and look, let people know youre willjng to learn, you never know maybe an old mechanic at a small shop needs an apprentice.
>>
>>13951831
Nope
You need to go to school for it and get certs
>>
>>13951840
I didn't even start taking classes until a few months after i started this job. I have a friend that changes oil 40 hours a week, he didnt know a single thing about cars before starting. Another friend that does wheel work full time, hes had that job for i dont know how long but hes just now taking classes. Its just matter of finding a place willing to teach you as you work someplaces will even help pay for schooling.
>>
File: IMG_20150620_110340:nopm:.jpg (4MB, 2952x5248px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150620_110340:nopm:.jpg
4MB, 2952x5248px
>>13951840
Me after changing a customer's alternator with no schooling or certifications, i was simply told what to dk and how to do it.
>>
>>13951840
>this is what millennials actually think

>wahhh there's no jobs
>everything needs experience
>you can't get any job without ___

So you sent a cover letter and resume, interviewed, and were turned down?

>well, no

Did you even look for a job?

>yeah I looked at craigslist on the front page once
>>
>>13952013
Not who you're replying to but
>he thinks he's not a millennial
>>
>>13951311
>80s civic
>sportscar
>>
>>13951991
Did you tell them their engine was somehow really fucking greasy? That ain't normal for an alternator job
>>
>>13952013
But you do need it you dickhead
>>13951991
Good 4 u,
You're the outlier fucker
>>
>>13953435
>I hate fwd!!!!
Duck off anytime
>>
>>13953564
Do you know what sporty means? You cant push an fwd car enough to get it out of econoland without losing grip on the wheel you steer with. It cant be a sports car. Sorry mang.
>>
>>13953994
This can't be more wrong
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.