[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buy advice - Europoor edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: cars.jpg (154KB, 604x682px) Image search: [Google]
cars.jpg
154KB, 604x682px
Hey /o/, I need your advice in buying some car.
I'm pretty tight on budget and can spend a maximum of 2.500€.
Due to high insurance costs here in Germany, I nailed my search down to two candidates:
- Mazda MX5 NA (the 90hp version)
- Alfa Romeo Spider 1.8 (around 140hp)
What are the pros and cons of each?
Also if you have other suggestions, feel free to post them.
Thanks
>>
I am pretty sure the NA will be much cheaper to maintain and the real fun with GTVs really start at the 2-liter twinspark. If the NA is rust free then I would go with it. If not, and the GTV is absolutely spotless and everything works, then it would consider it. Not saying that the GTV would be a bad car, but considering that you stated the limitations of the budget, then I wouldn't consider it. Suspension parts, timing belt changes and Magneti Marelli electronics will make you their slave. With that kind of cars you should have minimum 1k€ extra to spend on fixing them all the time. I would add a Mazda MX-6 V6 to the list. If found rust free, they are good value for money and fun to drive.
>>
Out of those two, I would go with the MX-5,,, but why not a Fiat Barchetta.

Mazda MX-5: Worlds most sold roadster for a reason. Cheap and reliable, also fun and forgiving to drive.
Afla Romeo Spider: Pretty and great to drive, but if things go italian( and they will) better not be poor.
Fiat Barchetta: A bit Like Alfa, but cheap and more reliable. It´s a Fiat, so if thing go bad, it´s not gonna be expensive.
>>
>>13950354
Actually this could be a good idea. Those are in essence better versions of Punto mk1.
>>
>>13950147
What miata has only 90hp? The 92' has 118hp
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1GPhfwMX0E

Here's the selection, if cabriolet is the thing you wan't. Also these days really need some 90's optimism that is on the video. I would still pick the Barchetta as I suppose the 1.7 16v is a proper screamer.
>>
If you are on a tight budget, don't buy italian or french. Go for the miata, it's way more reliable than any other roadster in this price range.
>>
>>13950629
But NAs are rusted to shit in Europe. That is a major issue with them.
>>
>>13950147

>Alfa has an FF drivetrain

Do you even need to ask OP?
>>
>>13950814
FWD isn't a downside
>>
>>13950192
Where do you live? I'm also considering getting an mx6
>>
>>13950814
Why is fwd a downside here? They're all sort of underpowered so not too many shenanigans can be had.
>>
>>13950821
>not being able to do hektik skids on command is not a down side.
>>
>>13950557
After a while engines lose hp also the ones from europe did not come with a whole lot of hp (like 100 hp).
>>
>>13950833
Finland and I am not considering to buy a mx6. It just seemed to fit the OP's agenda.
>>
>>13951009
Sorry for the misinterpretation then. I'm from Serbia and they're scarce here and if there is one for sale it's usually more than €2500. I'd import one from Germany if I could find the right one.
>>
>>13950843
Not everyone here wants to be a lolmuhskidz faggot
>>
>>13951146
I would try to find one from Italy. It is likely that they would be less rusty. Afaik that is the thing that kills mx6s since mechanically they are as reliable as one would suppose from a Japanese car.
>>
>>13950192
Thanks, I'm guessing that the MX5 also has access to tons of replace parts.
The MX-6 is unfortunately too expensive in insurance here to be an option for me.

>>13950354
Fiat Barchetta also seems like a viable option to me. Cheap in insurance too. I'll be on the lookout for one.

>>13950557
The versions of the NA with more than 90hp seem not to be very widely spread here.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.