[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck can't they make cars?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: hyundai-badge.jpg (26KB, 375x193px) Image search: [Google]
hyundai-badge.jpg
26KB, 375x193px
Why can't Hyundai make a car worth shit? They get terrible mpg even with light cars and small engines. They ride terrible. They aren't fast. They aren't even cheap anymore. Why?
>>
>>13949782
because they're korean
>>
File: image.jpg (305KB, 1500x938px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
305KB, 1500x938px
>>13949782
Bruh... Brembos!

And they don't ride that bad. I have driven a bunch of Sonatas and Elantras, and they are just as boring as any Japanese econobox. They are fine for appliance cars. And you get a lot of options on a mid size sedan for a decent price. Everything might be lower quality, but at least you got that sunroof you wanted and it was still cheaper than a base Accord.
>>
>>13949811
That was my wife's thinking almost exactly. She bought it before we married though so I had no say. It's just a terrible car and without her warranty, it'd be thousands to fix with only 75k miles
>>
My gf bought a used Sonata with 60k miles for $7k. It now has 154k and is running fine.

It's not a flashy car but it gets the job done. I dont think most of the haters on this site have ever driven a hyundai.
>>
>>13949811
yeah and they run forever!
>>
>>13949782

The Genesis coupe is decently fast
The Genesis sedan is fast
The sonata can throw down a 6.1s 0-60 which is decent.

They get comparable mpg to all the other cars in their classes.

And the low trim cars like electra and accent are still low costing.

In general fuck off cause clearly you're ranting and hating just to hate.
>>
>>13949782

And yet they make better cars then gm now
>>
>>13949782
My parents had an Atos a while back which my mom crashed, but it never went wrong. Then they bought a Matrix which worked for about 300k km without major repairs (central locking and ac stopped working at about 250k). And now they got an i20, 40k km so far, it can pull their tiny trailer, gets decent mpg, is spacious enough for my dad (6'7") and it has AC, heated seats, electric windows and a radio, so everything you need for your daily commute and it only cost 11k brand new.

So I don't really see your problem
>>
File: xtVgGf1.png (308KB, 507x379px) Image search: [Google]
xtVgGf1.png
308KB, 507x379px
>>13949782
>yfw Hyundai is going to be making RWD luxury sports cars soon

http://blog.caranddriver.com/peter-schreyer-talks-genesis-and-hyundai-design-g90-to-debut-by-years-end/
>>
File: daewoo-espero-01.jpg (207KB, 1639x750px) Image search: [Google]
daewoo-espero-01.jpg
207KB, 1639x750px
>>13949782
The reason Hyundai isn't as cheap as they used to be is they're trying to set themselves up as a luxury marque. Irony, thy name is Hyundai.

That aside between the Korean big 3 (Kia, Hyundai, and Daewoo), Hyundai was the worst, with Kia being the best. It becomes obvious why I say this when you realize what their earlier cars were based on. Hyundai's were based on unreliable Mitsubishi's. Daewoo's were based on Opel's even using Opel engines and platforms right up until GM killed the Daewoo name in 2010. Kia's, until 2005 when Hyundai bought a controlling interest (33%) of Kia, were based on Mazda's. The lessons each company learned copying others shows through even today. Kia's, despite using the same platforms and parts as most Hyundai's, are better built, more fun to drive and more reliable. Daewoos have always been more reliable than Hyundais, even if of similar quality.
>>
>>13950692
Thanks anon. Best explanation I've ever got
>>
File: kiaelan1.jpg (557KB, 722x1024px) Image search: [Google]
kiaelan1.jpg
557KB, 722x1024px
>>13950737
Hyundai wants the prestige of being a luxury brand but no idea how to actually do it. Kia and Daewoo were completely comfortable makings cars for average consumers. Kia even had a sports car long before the Hyundai Genesis coupe was even a though.
>>
>>13950519
>soon
I mean they already make RWD sports cars [spoiler]as much as it pains me to call the Genesis Coupe that[/spoiler] and RWD luxury cars, just not at the same time.
>>
>>13950812

Actually they have had the Genesis sedan and the Equus for longer then the genesis coupe.

>>13950778

They are bout to pull a toyota/Lexus under the Genesis branding.

And for most non car people it is going to work, the majority of non car people I have talked to have no idea Toyota and lexus, Nissan and infinity are the same companies.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.