[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yonaka

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: 41HQZHeDWjL.jpg (29KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
41HQZHeDWjL.jpg
29KB, 500x366px
So my miata's suspension is absolutely fucked currently. I found a full set of coilovers for $500. Does anyone on /o/ bought a Yonaka product. If so, what was it and what what was the quality like?
>>
>$500 coilovers

they'll be shit.
>>
Product on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Yonaka-1989-1998-Coilovers-Adjustable-Suspension/dp/B009ZJ1H86/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1448809741&sr=8-2&keywords=miata+coilovers

Product on website: http://www.yonaka.com/Suspension_Mazda_Miata_MX_5_1989_98_p/ymtc2006.htm
>>
>>13948677
They seem pretty legit. And amazon's return policy is based. You can literally return an item for no reason if you wanted to.
>>
If you're going to cheap out, go with oem. You'll get much better results.
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 640x1136px
>>13948673
You need WAT coilovers
>>
File: f30147a4b7baa4813837ab2a47b48f16.png (172KB, 1235x862px) Image search: [Google]
f30147a4b7baa4813837ab2a47b48f16.png
172KB, 1235x862px
>>13948703
oem suspension is actually $300 more than the yonaka coilovers.
>>
>>13948681

>seem pretty legit

based on what? there's no way $500 coilovers won't be chinese garbage. If you are looking for cheap shit, get some ST's or BC coilovers which will be more but probably marginally better.
>>
>>13948673
fotune auto and racelands both make a cheap coilover kit for NAs that are sure to be better than those
>>
>>13948735
Based on their website and a variety of scattered reviews. Yonaka products have a lot of positive reviews such as... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O--wOeigRQ8
>>
>>13948681
I doubt amazon actually does that
>>
>>13948729
Get Sensen shocks and FM springs. $350 total and they'll probably perform just as good if not better than those shitty coilovers.
>>
>>13948897
Thank you, the fm springs do look like they do a really good job with the dense part at the bottom. As for these sensen shocks, are they proven?
>>
>>13948756
don't do it.
that looks stiff.
your back will ache.
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 239x266px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 239x266px
>>13948985
>he doesn't DD a track car

And you call yourself an enthusiast?
>>
>>13948673

I went through the same situation. Went with this because it's a more reputable brand.

Tien Street Basis
GSM64-1USS2 <-2001 Miata
$590.00
>>
>>13948673
Get some fm springs and aftermarket shocks like koni, kyb, bilstein etc.
I'm sure you could get adjustable shock if you stretch your budget a little.
>>
>>13948993

*Tein
>>
>>13948993

http://www.amazon.com/Tein-GSM64-1USS2-Street-Basis-Damper/dp/B007ZGC9P6

>$533
>>
>>13949023
How long have you been using them? Are they good?
>>
>>13948673
form and function have lots of good reviews, i have a yonaka cat back and its shit
>>
>>13949068

Ive had them on since July 16th. They're not bad, but I don't really have any reference to them besides stock and KYB AGX. They are definitely more stiff then what was on them and I've had people tell me that they were stiff due to feeling bumps. Those people don't have any idea of how a sporty suspension works or really the difference between drum brakes from disc. You can go from scrape over speed bumps at 5mph to stock height.
>>
>>13949411

Be cool if I could adjust the stiffness, but I'm not really complaining. It comes with everything you need besides the mounts. I used OEM mounts. Followed the recommended height, but it was too low for my area. Didn't like the scraping on these rough roads. I'm actually readjusting them right now in the rain so I wont bottom out in snow, it's my DD.
>>
>>13949146
i have a yonaka catback too. it's fine by me :)
>>
I run yonaka coilovers and their exhaust system on my hatchback civic. Theyre parts work fine, they actually use blueprints and designs from top brand manufacturers.
Pic related, yoaka exhaust
>>
>>13949411
>KYB AGX
How did you get on with these?
I've just installed them on my mk1, and so far I think they are a great improvement over the worn out oem stuff.

Why did you feel the need to change?
>>
$500 is way 2 low
ur gonna need to spend like $1500+ to get a decent set.
>>
>>13948673
There's a reason they're cheaper than OEM. They're stiffer than a turd in the freezer and made out of shitty Chinese beer cans. You will love them the 5% of the time you drive angry and hate them the 95% of the time when you just want to make a quick run across town without rattling your fillings out.
>>
>>13949999
What if you always drive angry?
>>
>>13948710
That's bmw, he's searching for a Miata fuckwit
>>
>>13948990
Enthusiasts have multiple cars for different purposes.
>>
>>13948673
Look for a better brand, or find that better brand used on craiglist or miata forums.

buying used coilovers can be iffy, but most can be sent to the manufacturer to be rebuilt for like $100 each.
>>
Another vote for Fortune Auto, they have Taiwan build the basic parts,ship to Virginia, then QC check, build and dyno each shock.

Also they have in-house developed goodies like the spring roller bearing add-on, when you turn your wheel the shock rotates the spring, eventually wearing out the poly urethane washers they put between the spring surface and the body of the shock. This leads to spring bind which makes itself known by loud twanging when turning your wheel. The roller bearing allows the spring mount to turn with the spring, preventing damage to the poly washers.

I had D2 coilovers. I paid 750 USD for them and had them on my S13 240sx for 80,000 miles. The ride was shit and harsh, car handled decently (a lot of fun actually). Those 80,000 miles where not trouble free, by time I reached 40,000 miles the shocks where worn and actively leaking on cold nights. Only way I was able to milk another 40k miles out of the shocks was the fact the springs where so stiff, the shocks themselves would only be needed under hard corners. Toward the end they became dangerous and unpredictable.

My current coilovers are Fortune Auto 500s, paid 1250 USD with the roller bearing add-on. The ride is smooth but hard (think rollerblading on hard carpet). I believe I have about 15,000 miles on them so far. Not a single problem with them so far. Results at VIR Raceway where fantastic, just for the record, I also took the D2 coils to VIR. The D2's adjustable shocks seemed to do little to nothing even when new. This was only noticeable when tracking. Fourtune Auto made their adjusters click loudly and each click makes a difference (not 5 of 36 clicks to make a noticeable difference)

tl;dr Get higher quality coilovers, not Chinese shit.
>>
My buddy has yonaka coil overs on his civic, he has them set to be pretty low, like hellaflush low, but as far as everything about em they're great the ride good for be so stiff and he's had them for about 2 years now with no issues
>>
>>13950133

>Not putting in the effort to make WAT shocks fit
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.