[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are rx-8 so cheap?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2015-11-29-15-55-27.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-29-15-55-27.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
Why are rx-8 so cheap?
>>
They've all been "tastefully" modded and boyraced the hell out of.
>>
People don't know how to take care of a triangle. So resale value dropped, when people wanted to get rid of their ruined pieces of shit. Also looks. It has nothing whatsoever on the RX7, instead looking like shit.
>>
>>13948595
Emissions raises their annual road tax here in the UK, anything >2006 is £500 per year.

>>13948603
plus this.
>>
I know what you mean OP, I keep having to stop myself buying one. There are about a dozen or so decent examples for under £1,500 within 200 miles of me.

I don't know why the RX-8 is so cheap over here, I'd assume it's due to the maintenance, and the fact that they look a little dated nowadays.
>>
>>13948595
because the engines blow up around 60k miles.
>>
>>13948664
I want to get one with a blown Renesis and swap in an older turbo. Not sure which one is the easiest to swap, I think the FC turbo engine is so probably that one. I might as well get an FC though, looks cooler, smaller, lighter and shells are cheaper (but not by much). The RX8 has double wishbone and multilink though, a huge advantage over the shitty macpherson front and semi-rear trailing arm rear the FC has. The Rx8 is very ugly too, and the wheelbase is way too long, like 106'. Someone once swapped in FD suspension into an FC, maybe the Rx8 suspension could fit too...
>>
>>13948672
>140 becomes 120 becomes 100 becomes 80 becomes 60
I'm pretty sure this has something to do with amerifats claiming shitty reliability, yuropoors then parroting those numbers in baby miles, and then new idiots calculating that distance in real miles.
>>
>>13948708
Just get an NC PRHT. It's the same car without the useless little seats in the back. The RX-8 transmission should mount into the NC, and should mate up to any rotary.
>>
>>13948672
Ebin meme my friend
>>
>>13948672
+1
>>
>>13948924
>metric
>baby miles

metric > imperial babby bullshit
>>
File: P1060656.jpg (303KB, 709x573px) Image search: [Google]
P1060656.jpg
303KB, 709x573px
the only rx car that deserved a v8 tbqh
>>
>>13949412
Would be way too nose heavy.
>>
>>13949415
yeah but it doesnt matter, an rx8 is for hooning, if you want a track car, get an rx7
>>
>>13948599

No

>>13948603

This.

I had a friends who sister bought a Rx-8, because she loved how it had alittle smile in the front.

They sold it for 3k after it engine went. They complained how shitty it is that the engine blow when she never drove fast in it and it was a point a to b usually B being the store right around the corner.

It never saw Revs, it wasn't cared for at all.
>>
>>13949432
>sister

Well, the stakes were high against the RX8. Poor car, really.
>>
>>13949438

Yup, The car is designed to see the red line on every trip out, get oil checked all the time.

And fact is most average driver will never see a red line in their life, and the RX's cars depend on that.
>>
>>13948595
They're crap.
>>
>>13948603

When they facelifted it..body kitted it.

Didn't they make it easier to take care of? By that I mean it did stuff itself that the owner should have been doing if he was a car enthusiast.

Although those are still cheap which makes me think..no.
>>
lets also note that most of the RX-8's in the US are automatics and weigh ~3k lbs and only put out ~210hp/~150 lbft of torque
not exactly gonna burn shit up and there are plenty of piston engines that are easier to mod/maintain
>>
>>13949460

They still need to be reved, they can't run out to the car turn it on and then go, ohh shit and turn it off and run back in the house for their purse.

They did add an oil injector port in each housing, but it still isnt enough,
>>
>>13948595
If you don't know why, and won't do the research on your own, then it's probably not the car for you.

Rotary engines are fundamentally different from piston engines. People don't know how to drive and take care of them and they develop reliability issues because of that.

You need to fully allow the engine to warm up every time you use the car. Then rev the engine up to near redline once a day. Typical piston cars last longer if you "baby" the motor. When you get people used to piston engines trying to "baby" their rotary, they end up ruining the engine.

Most of the cheap ones have been neglected and probably need an engine rebuild. They can be a great bargain if you find a clean example with a bad motor and are willing to have the motor rebuilt.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.