[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /o/'s opinions on Tesla?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Tesla-Model-S-Blue.jpg (3MB, 3000x2088px) Image search: [Google]
Tesla-Model-S-Blue.jpg
3MB, 3000x2088px
What's /o/'s opinions on Tesla?
>>
The same as in the thread with the same question that's still up.
>>
Abomination.
>>
My next car when they come out with the 30k version
>>
>Battery dies out in the middle of nowhere
>kek
>Mfw I can carry spare fuel tank / jerry cans in the bed of my truck

Batteries BTFO
>>
>>13950913
>Ignoring charge gauge until it runs out
>Not planning accordingly, just as you would with a combustion engine
>Not wanting instantaneous loads of torque

It's like you want to be a kek
>>
I will probably get the more affordable model 3 when it comes out. My only concern is that it isn't a manual, or any potential technological or service dependencies. I will still have a regular car too.
>>
The P85D looks fucking amazing, two motors making 691 horsepower, that's just astonishing.

I really want one
>>
>>13948593
i guess it's good for the city
>>
>>13952136
It doesn't even make 500 combined horsepower. The car is limited by what the circuitry from the pack to the inverter can handle. Tesla is actually facing lawsuits over this bit of advertising. The power is distributed between the two motors for better performance/efficiency. At no point are you ever capable of getting a full 691, or even 500 hp from the car.

Also, EV's have instant torque, so the throttle response is fucking incredible, but the raw power available at high speeds trails off enormously. Compared with a standard muscle car, a Tesla really doesn't accelerate that much harder at highway speeds. It's just the initial catapult.
>>
File: 2015-08-04 23.45.51.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-04 23.45.51.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>13953726
This. Might be faster off the line but my top speed is 60mph faster
>>
>>13953726

Actually they struggle to get a proper dyno reading of the tesla. They put out 864lb of torque instantly which causes Wheel spin and cuts power.

But they do dyno at 440 hp or so to the rear wheels which matches the claim.

The front wheel motors are only 188hp.
>>
>>13953749

Because it is software limited to 130
>>
>>13953749
Does that matter to you when you're driving on the road or do you go to the track just to race Teslas?
>>
File: 1445792464888.jpg (80KB, 520x750px) Image search: [Google]
1445792464888.jpg
80KB, 520x750px
>>13953770
At no point does the car exceed the maximum current draw of the wiring between the pack and the inverter. Even with the ludicrous upgrade, the massive current increase is cut short by a significant voltage drop due to the internal resistances of the battery packs.

The car can distribute the power between the front and rear motors exceedingly well, but it cannot under any circumstance achieve a full 500 hp.

>>13953749
Top speed on Teslas is limited because they have no transmission. There isn't any need to with how wide the peak power band is on the motors. The crushing majority of people will never attain those speeds. The part that bugs me is that the power band starts to fall off, and fall of hard, once you hit the 55-75 range. By 85 the car does not really "pull" anymore, though the instant throttle response is always there.

>>13953825
>Tracking a Tesla
Really stupid idea. You have to disable the regen braking because that system generates ENORMOUS amounts of heat. It's probably the inverter. Even with regen braking on low they overheat rather quickly. Think halfway to 3/4ths around a decent 3-5 mile track.

The regen makes it worse. The thing is, the car can quite easily cruise at 125, because the power drain when doing so is a constant medium amount. The car can burst to tremendous power outputs, but doing so generates gargantuan amounts of heat. It takes several seconds to dissipate that heat after a hard accel/decel. Best comparison I can think of is, imagine you are in some track car and some of your vents are partially blocked. Yeah you can floor it hard, and you can cruise, but you will overheat on a track eventually.

They also weigh around 5000 pounds. The car handles incredibly well for the land barge that it is, but at the end of the day it's still a land barge, and a big one at that.
>>
>>13952129
Don't buy them when they come out. Not unless Tesla has definitive proof that you won't be slapping in a new motor/axle assembly several times over the course of the first 100,000 miles.

Hopefully they will have fixed that shit by then, but it's utterly fucking ridiculous that the cars need as much service as they do for that component.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.