[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mechanical Help Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 2d4b2a10831193a404bdba0f7893f7f9.jpg (122KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
2d4b2a10831193a404bdba0f7893f7f9.jpg
122KB, 1280x853px
Hi /o/, i'm seeking a bit of mechanical help. I can't find out what wrong on my moms car.
She drives a Kia Rio 5 2006 and after having changed the battery and the windshield washer pump, and by mistake leaving the key in overnight (thus completly draining the battery), the car wouldn't start. It cranks, but it doesn't start.
Therefore, I checked the ignition coils but there aren't any voltage between the two connector connected to the top of the coil when the motor was cranking.
I was wondering what could cause this problem.
Thanks.
>>
my volvo will do the same if the battery is just the smallest bit low

it will crank forever but not start. i would check the voltage.

FIRST
>>
Did you charge the battery
>>
I've seen on other cars sometimes after the battery is disconnected and reconnected the ECM won't pick up the crankshaft position sensor, you can try to unplug it and plug it back in, or disconnect the battery and and reconnect it after a bit, then crank it again.
>>
>>13944520
Have you actually checked the voltage at the battery?

Is it turning over normally, or slow?
>>
Needs a new batt or charge if it cranks it's fine it just don't has enough juice
>>
>>13944551
Battery is 11.88 but checking a battery with a voltmeter isnt the right way to do it considering voltage may drop when there is a charge.
It is turning over better than it was before the battery change, aka fast and strong.
>>13944547
Battery was charged during 30 minutes by hooking it up to my car.
>>13944549
Reconnnected and disconnected the battery two times and even reseted the ECU by pulling its fuse.

Also, I dont hear the gas pump running and I dont smell gas when i pump the gas pedal.
Either gas pump problem or no spark. Any other ideas?
>>
>>13944592
Resting voltage should be closer to 12.5 volts. "Charging" the battery using jumpers and your car probably didnt charge it enough. You need a better charge on that battery before you go looking for other problems.
>>
>>13944640
It cranks better than it ever did. Im almost 100% sure that isnt the problem.
>>
i have a story like yours! put in one new brake pad shoe but can not for the life of me get the passenger side tire off!!! GAHHHH
>>
>>13944520
>>13944781
with your volt meter, have it resting to where you can see how many volts you have. When you are trying to crank it, see how low your voltage is dropping. When you do come back with more numbers
>gonna need another person
>>
do you have the car manual book? i think it may have something to do with the immobilizer fucking up. there should be a section with instruction to override it.

something i found on the internet:

>Limp home (override) procedure
>When you turn the ignition switch to the ON position, if the immobilizer indicator goes off after blinking 5 times, your transponder equipped in the ignition key is out of order. You cannot start the engine without the lime home procedure. To start the engine, you have to input your password by using the ignition switch. The following procedure is how to input your password of “2345” as an example.

link:
http://www.forteforums.com/forums/kia-forte-2-4l-engine-discussion/3902-won-t-start-emergency.html

not the same car but similar enough
>>
>>13944875

forgot to include this:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position. The immobilizer indicator will blink 5 times and go off indicating the beginning of the limp home procedure.

2. Turn the ignition switch to the ACC position.

3. To enter the first digit (in this example “2”), turn the ignition switch to the ON and ACC position twice. Perform the same procedure for the next digits between 3 seconds and 10 seconds (for example, for “3”, turn the ignition
ON and ACC 3 times).

4. If all of the digits have been input successfully, you have to start the engine within 30 seconds. If you attempt to start the engine after 30 seconds, the engine will not start and you will have to input your password again.

After performing the limp home procedure, you have to see an authorized KIA dealer immediately to inspect and repair your ignition key or immobilizer system.
>>
>>13944880
Nice catch, just checked it doesn't blink and is solid when the key is in ON position.
What could of caused a car not to start on a battery change... Its killing me
>>
Update, I think it may be a bad ground considering I have left a wire floating near windshield washer pump when replacing it. I can't find a list of ground points for Kia Rio 5 2006, anyone knows where to find those?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.