[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OBDII Bluetooth Adapters, are they worth it? Are the cheapo ones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

>>
File: DSC_1244.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1244.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
I have a BAFX Bluetooth OBD2 reader and the torque app for display. I haven't used it to read codes yet or anything but it's a highly recommended setup for the Bluetooth route.
>>
>>13944246

I was looking into the Torque app, how responsive is it really? I kind of assumed it would be laggy and inaccurate.
>>
File: $_35.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
I've had this exact one plugged into my car for a little over 2 years, zero issues, it's like $4.

>>13944290
I use it, for the live info there's about a half second delay, but it does pick up everything you have a sensor for accurately, and it'll do things like place a pippers for min / max readings.
>>
>>13944290
It displays what the Bluetooth reader sends, so lag is dependant on the reader.
>>
I have one, I use it for tach, live est. mpg, and general monitoring.
It's a pain in the ass to deal with for short drives as I use my dell venue 8 pro for a display, but for long drives it's pretty good and works good for trying to get good mpg.
>>
>>13944290
no real issues. updates fairly quick all things considered. I ust the ELM327 and torque pro in my F250 as well.

Can monitor damn near everything on my truck with the expanded PIDs.
>>
I HAVE THE SAME ONE IN OPS PIC IT DOESNT WORK IN MY DATSUN 521
>>
Hey, which OBD2 pins output current speed, tachometer, and fuel information? Wanna build a digital display for my dash as an electronics project and I need to know where I can pull that info from?

I've got a multimeter and digital oscilloscope with logic analyzer to help figure it out if I need it.
>>
>>13947408
It's a serial feed, you will need to decode it with something. you can just pull the line off the existing speedo if it's electric and that should just give you a pulsing feed for speed. tach is the same, and as for fuel, you can just pull the resistance from the fuel level flap wires straight from the tank.
>>
>>13947444
It's a serial feed, you will need to decode it with something

I probably have a few demultiplexers lying around somewhere. Would that work?
>>
>>13947453
I'm not sure, is your vehicle pre 2006?
CAN became more popular then and if you have that, you can probably just get code for a rasPi or some chip or something. Other then that, I'm really not sure how to do it with just basic hardware. these bluetooth things literally send the serial feed over bluetooth and the app decodes it, if you can find source code, that may help too.
>>
>>13947480
1998 Subaru.
>>
>>13947485
google says ISO protocol, not sure where to go from there really.
>>
>>13947408
Might wanna have a look at Opengauge and MPGuino
>>
>>13944246
Pretty neat idea with the tablet.
Might do this with the Nexus 7 I've lying around.
>>
>>13944290
depens on the phone, a bit laggy with my xperia 5 but quick and accurate on my s5.
>>
File: 555-come-on-now.jpg (34KB, 338x305px) Image search: [Google]
555-come-on-now.jpg
34KB, 338x305px
>>13944194
>OBDII anything
>good
>>
>>13950662
So no cars made after 1996 are good?
>>
>>13950669
Last good cars were made in 1989.
>>
i have the top one in your pic OP.

Had it for 3 years now, no issues at all, use it with torquePRO on my android tablet.
>>
I bought an android head unit and it came with a cracked version of torque pro on it. So i'm pretty happy with that.

I have a wifi version of the one in OPs pic, works great with iOS and android
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.