[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Corrections Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: hamm161551696_5945fc2970.jpg (55KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
hamm161551696_5945fc2970.jpg
55KB, 333x500px
Post common myths or misconceptions to correct people.

>the new Nissan GT-R is not a skyline, the newest skyline is an Infinti Q40

>91 and 93 octane require a 91 or 93 octane tune to be used correctly, 87 is probably fine for you.

>IRS and Live rear axle have the same skip pad on the same cars.

>Dodge did not make the Viper from 2012 - 2014, SRT (Fiat Chrysler )made it, its not called a Dodge for those years

>Lamborghini is owned by Volkswagen Group

>almost all cars now have "V-Tec"
>Ford EcoBoost is simply VVT, Turbo induction and sometimes direct injection.
>>
>>13940697
to be more clear, your statement has to be true and would correct a myth or misconception
>>
The rotary engine is a reliable ENTHUSIASTS engine.
It's only unreliable when in the hands of a normie (changes/checks oil every three months instead of checking often, revving it instead of babying it)
>>
File: troll_0.jpg (3KB, 126x122px) Image search: [Google]
troll_0.jpg
3KB, 126x122px
>>13940697
>91 and 93 octane require a 91 or 93 octane tune to be used correctly, 87 is probably fine for you.

>IRS and Live rear axle have the same skip pad on the same cars.

>SRT (Fiat Chrysler )

>SRT (FIAT CHRYSLER)
>>
the LS engine is not a reliable performance engine and cannot handle much more power than stock without extensive internal modifications
>>
>>13940697
please learn what vtec is. variable valve timing, vanos, valvetronic, etc. =/= vtec
>>
stancefags are people too, and are enthusiasts just like us
>>
>>13941172
>ENTHUSIAST MAY MAY
Fucking cringed more than billy ray cyrus when he saw what his daughter had become.
>>
>>13941236
no they are just a bunch of insipid culture vultures
>>
File: I came here to laugh at you.png (420KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
I came here to laugh at you.png
420KB, 1280x720px
>>13941172

>enthusiast
>babying it

People like you are the biggest cancer on earth

>has 500hp car
>never drives over 60 m/h
>>
i thought fiats were sold at dodge chrysler jeep ram whatever dealers.

but it seems they arent, WHY?
>>
>AT tires are not winter tires

>rust can never be stopped, only removed

>
>>
It's probably my dicks fault
>>
Diesel > petrol
>>
>>13941215
In OP's defense, he did use VTEC in quotes, but you are correct in that VTEC functions substantially different than VVT as seen in other cars.
>>
>winter tires work by keeping snow in their grooves because snow actually sticks pretty well to snow.
>however, winter tires also need to work well on asphalt so they also need to dispose of that snow when going fast enough

>high peak torque doesn't inherently make an engine feel more "torquey". The low end pull you're experiencing comes from the engine having a lot of power at low rpm and because torque is defined as power = torque * crankshaft rate, if an engine has 50 horsepower at 3000 rpm it has twice the torque as an engine making 50 horsepower at 6000 rpm

>hemi refers to the hemispherical shape of the combustion chamber
>>
fwd is the gayest piece of shit
>>
>>13940697
>Jaguars have always been reliable with the exception of the early XJ40s, late Series IIIs with the early computers, and the American release of the e-type, the XKE, which was murdered by Californian smog regulations (and the removal of the beautiful stock headlights)
>every other car made by them has been as reliable as the competition, and often more reliable than econoboxes at the time
>the XK engine was less stressed yet had higher relative horsepower than its mercedes and ferrari competition
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.