[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /o/, Bimmer memes are catching up to haunt me and I need to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: BeemerMeetsFence.png (2MB, 1500x877px) Image search: [Google]
BeemerMeetsFence.png
2MB, 1500x877px
Ok /o/, Bimmer memes are catching up to haunt me and I need to sell my 3-series fast before it's too cost prohibitive.

What shitbox should I get to replace it?
need something small that can handle in the city well.
Considering a Fiero or a Miata.
Let me know how stupid I am.
>>
rx7
>>
>>13939419
>rx7
I don't need more mechanical issues.
>>
get the fiero with the 4 cylinder, reliable as fuck, family.
>>
S2000
>>
>>13939430
>more
you'll have less actually f,am
>>
>>13939589
isn't the Rx7 also plagued with transmission issues?
>>
>>13939601
>I don't need more mechanical issues.
umno.
>>
>>13939434
Are there any differences from the MR2? I really want that chassis.
>>
>>13939771
>>13939434
Yeah, educate me on the Fiero anon
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 750x498px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 750x498px
Pontiac Fiero
When you want the failure to engulf you.

Fiero's look like a fucking Chevy Astro van shat out the interior for them. >>13939406
>>
Get an AW11 or SW20 mr2, whichever looks better to you. Keep in mind that sw20s will go for 1-2k more on listings, especially if turboed, and it will be very hard to find a supercharged version of the AW11, but a nice non supercharged AW11 can be had for 3k or so.

Handles great, it's a dream in the twisties. Just keep in mind that it is mid-engine rwd, so if you fuck up, make sure you aren't about to go off a cliff.

As with any other cars, service records are important (my 85 came with a binder with the original purchase papers from the dealer)

Other than that, good luck
>>
>>13940113
>mr2
Aight, ill look into it, thanks mate
>>
File: 000000.jpg (46KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
000000.jpg
46KB, 312x312px
>>13939974
Murica, what are you doing??
>>
MR2.

>>13939601
> rx7
> transmission issues
what?
>>
I have a high mileage MAINTAINED e46,

Only thing i've had fail was a window regulator and front control arms, both common problems.

45k km with just oil changes and the above...

Now, lemme explain the important part, previous owner had a folder an inch thick of all the stuff hes had done. It's not a civic can't run it till it breaks, but keep up with the common maintenance items and it'll go forever
>>
>>13940928
He's probably talking about automatics..

If not, 5th gear syncro in FD trans but thats fuckall, just don't go banging into 5th.
>>
>>13939974
That actually looks fucking comfy like an 80s living room
>>
>>13940946
This. My old E46 was pushing 254k kms up until the wife has someone hit her in a parking lot. Regular maintenance is all it takes.
>>
Stop recommending just RWD you morons.

Op there is CRX Si, Civic Si (90s) , Ford Focus ZX3 SVT, Integra GSR, stock 5th gen civic is pretty fantastic actually , Del Sol is an option too.
>>
>>13940946
>>13940955
its like you guys are insinuating i neglect my car.

>one previous owner
>well maintained, no accidents
>oil changes ever 4000, full syn
>Do full inspection every time, rotate when needed, check alignment occasionally

It just plagued with issues. leaks oil and coolant from no where, overheats intermittently without much rhyme or reason.
Transmission either holds in high gears or wont shift until its past 4000 in every gear. It will also sometimes throw a code and lose 5th gear.
Sometimes it operates fine.
>>
>>13941009
that sounds like a neglected car to me
>>
>>13941043
I can only throw so much money at a cooling system and transmission before I have to call it a bust
>>
File: MDE01.png (4MB, 1786x1074px) Image search: [Google]
MDE01.png
4MB, 1786x1074px
>>13941062
The car in question
>>
>>13941062
Manual?
>>
>>13941075
Automatic, sadly.
>>
>>13941062
You probably had a water pump fail because you didnt replace it at the recommended mileage. caused engine to over heat and kill the head gasket.

You also have an automatic...

Majority of oil leaks: Valve cover-40 bucks, Oil filter housing gasket, 5 bucks.
>>
>>13941087
Didn't consider the water pump; however I don't believe its the head gasket; at least, it's not acting like its the head gasket.
The valve cover will be the next on my list.
Thanks anon
>>
>>13941087
And I might just have to bite the bullet and take it in to get trans service. I'd prefer to do a manual swap, but I think it'd be too cost prohibitive.
>>
>>13941081
Next time don't buy an automatic BMW. The E36 3 series is goat tier.

Although Automatic cars can be rather comfy for DD, in the long run when the shit hits the fan, doing minor work to it can cost thousands.

Manual cars are mechanically simple and they do require only clutch and flywheel changes.

The e46 as far as I know is not as reliable as the e36.
>>
>>13941102
M8, BMWs do tend to have cooling issues. That's the Achilles heel of the car.

A water pump replacement has got to be done to those cars religiously.

Dont do manual swap, buy one instead
>>
>>13941102
>Didn't consider the water pump

Big mistake anon. The water pump is the most common fault on older BMWs. Get that checked out when you can and if it's plastic, replace it immediately.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.