[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SAAB: What went wrong? >also general saab thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 99turbo.jpg (315KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
99turbo.jpg
315KB, 600x450px
SAAB: What went wrong?

>also general saab thread
>>
Every car was FF. Poor reliability. Odd styling.
>>
>GM

>>13939341
FF isnt a problem kiddie

Honda is doing fine
>>
Shitty build quality
Outlandish designs with exacerbated mechanical issues.
General Motors.
/Thread
>>
>>13939345
Non-econobox FF cars didn't tend to sell well.
>>
>>13939331

2 beautiful 4 the world.

rip in peace saab
>>
>>13939331

>Sweden
>>
>>13939331
GM killed them.
>>
>>13939360
I'd much rather have a Saab 9-5 then a honda accord
>>
>>13939331
FF didn't help, they were mid tier in terms of volume and that's a very hard place to be.
BMW and Merc had similar margins with 5 times the volume
>>
>>13939331
>What went wrong?
mostly everything tbhfam
>>
>>13939345
Honda is doing fine? All their cars are bloated ugly pieces of shit with CVTs. One step above Nissan.

>inb4 type-r vaporware
>>
>>13939918
>Honda is doing fine?
he means financially you retarded faggot
people buy the shit out of their cars, thats what matters to a company. not whether or not a bunch of autistic weaboos on a japanese imageboard fantasize about boyracing them through the streets of tokyo.
>>
>>13939422

This.
>>
>>13939360
>>13939341
since when did saab have shitty quality? ime they've been the best non jap company in terms of quality, even with GM fucking them at every opportunity
>>
>>13939941
Maybe so, but Soichiro is rolling in his grave.
>>
>>13939964
are you even being serious right now
they are some of the least reliable cars of their generation

literally second coming of the check engine light
>>
>>13939971
Oh I guess I was lucky, all 4 of mine were faultless.
>>
File: i505155.jpg (26KB, 720x378px) Image search: [Google]
i505155.jpg
26KB, 720x378px
SAAB did great when they appealed to a certain upper middle class, cultured, and successful buyer. In fact, I believe they should have made an attempt to move upmarket, since they probably had the most faithful customer base in the industry. When GM stepped in, they tried to widen the appeal thus losing the uniqueness and quality that earned SAAB their great customer retention. Another mistake was trying to compete with the German big 3, which was obviously a lost cause since GM also cut costs everywhere in a fit of jewness and fucked up the prestige SAAB had.

It's the all time classic example of a niche company building interesting stuff and doing fine until a bunch of money grabbing obese Americans step in and try to run it like one of their shit soulless corporations. Obviously after they drove it into the fucking ground, they trolled anyone who tried to save the company in the style of "I know what I got" and eventually drove all the potential buyers away. Apparently a group of investors led by Koenigsegg was interested in buying, but ended up so sick of GM's childish delays and demands he just gave up.

R.I.P. SAAB. I truly hope we get them back someday.
>>
my friend's 9-3 that he bought with 150k miles on the clock has needed nothing but oil changes and a headlight bulb. it drives way better than a japanese shitbox too
>>
>>13939331

The ones that look like that are really cool. I want one. They remind me of an ugly duckling. As in an actual duckling or mallard, but ugly.
>>
>>13940045
are there any mechanical upgrades with the SPG models, or is it all just the cosmetic muh aero bodykit?

>>13940402
lol is this you?
https://youtu.be/RBcCRwN4uYA?t=339
>>
>>13939331
>captain Sweden.jpg
>>
>>13940045
>they trolled anyone who tried to save the company in the style of "I know what I got" and eventually drove all the potential buyers away. Apparently a group of investors led by Koenigsegg was interested in buying, but ended up so sick of GM's childish delays and demands he just gave up.

The problem was a huge amount of brand-new GM powertrain tech was in SAAB, and every buyer would've naturally required access to it so they could build and service the cars. And what they were getting offered for SAAB was less than they felt it'd be worth to give up those patents.
>>
>>13939341
>FF
>bad
do you even sweden bro?
>>
>>13939331
They fell under GM's flag, and had a shitty marketing department.
>>
File: 1447248972557.jpg (308KB, 1280x793px) Image search: [Google]
1447248972557.jpg
308KB, 1280x793px
>>13939331

Trying to sell an FF car constructed with a liberal raiding of the GM parts bin to those who would normally buy a Bimmer or Merc.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>13943968
FF is not a bad thing
>>
>>13939341
But early snaabs had excellent durability and pretty good reliability.
>>
>>13942193
>pic of a Stratos which is MR in front of Saab

kek
>>
>>13943978

No, but going for a market where the car's are traditionally FR is foolhardy at best.
>>
>>13943978
>FF is not a bad thing
ROFL
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.