[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the CR-X a good ride? What are some of the bad points about it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: crx.jpg (239KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
crx.jpg
239KB, 1600x1200px
Is the CR-X a good ride?

What are some of the bad points about it?
>>
slow in a straight line, fwd, but overall a fun car, it'll last for 500k
>>
>>13936510
>What are some of the bad points about it?
the space behind the front seats is very small
and the ride is a little bumpy
they are also somewhat collectable
and vary in state between worn out and fully modified
>>
>>13936510
Very likely to get stolen.
Difficult to find an unmolested one.
/o/tists will give you shit if you pay more than 2k for a nice example because they're stuck in early 2000s when CRXs were plentiful.
You're dead if you crash.
>>
>>13936516
Fwd isn't a down side
>>
>>13936510
It's shit. You might as well stance it because it will never be good for anything else. The HF trim has great fuel economy, though.
>>
>>13936641
Haha a race spec crx is faster than anything you will ever own
>>
File: IMG_20150812_164944.jpg (3MB, 4096x3072px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150812_164944.jpg
3MB, 4096x3072px
>>13936725
Maybe, but it would cost ten times more.
>>
Owning any honda in cali makes you a target for carjackers, by default.
>>
>>13936788
like owning a Subaru in Auckland
>>
>>13936533
Lol this.
Theyre theft magnets like most 90s Hondas.
I do want to buy 2 eventually and restore them, along with 2 Foxbodies, and sell them in 10 years when theyre collectors vehicles.
>>
>>13936737
not really
its a wonderful base and people like you are worse than boomers
>>
>>13936798
>buying cars to store and sell
get out of /o/
get out
go to /biz/
you're cancer
you lost touch with cars a long time ago, now its just status and money
>>
>>13936806
like you would be caught dead in a lada
>>
>>13936806
jealous faggot, go deliver your pizzas
>>
>>13936819
>>13936853
No thanks.

You don't care about cars.
>>
>>13936856
>complains about the car as a status symbol
>would not own a shitty car
what do you care about then
>>
>>13936861
when did i ever say that
>>
>>13936907
read what you reply to
>>
>>13936806
Lol youre such a faggot.
Id obviously keep 1 of the Foxbodies and make a profit off the others that i restore.
Call me when you can actually afford more than a bus pass anon
>>
>>13936799
I race against a handful of them every month. They mostly just do poorly in slow classes.
>>
>>13936917
i did
i dont see how i said that
>>13936919
then congrats, you dont like cars
>>
>>13937226
>blah blah blah
>poo poo poo
>pffffffttthhhrrr
>>
>>13936641
...CRXs are well loved in Si trim for being light and having good suspension...
>>
>>13937226

>I beat a handful of novices every month in the slow class I run in.

ftfy
>>
>>13936533
They weren't cheap back then either, unlike 86s and 240s.
>>
>>13936634
desu it depends on what the car is for but as far as economy and winter safety, sure, fwd isn't a downside
>>
>>13936533
>/o/tists will give you shit if you pay more than 2k for a nice example because they're stuck in early 2000s when CRXs were plentiful.
Funny, I've bought two in the past 5 years (First in '11, $1400 for an Si; Second last March for $1200, Dx.)

They aren't as rare as people think. And most should be under $2k because by now they've racked up 175k+ miles.

Only spend $2k+ if it's rust free, and sub 150k mi.

>There are seven first gens (Two are mine) and four or so second gens.
In a town of 15,000 people
In California, near San Francisco
And I regularly see them going for sub $2k prices, only JDM idiots and hardcore hondafags overprice them, which you should avoid just on principle.
>I passed up a non running Si for $500 recently, and I'm still kicking my self over that.

>>13937709
They were sub $14k, and as low as $9k new.
>>
>>13937255
By Honda standards, sure.

>>13937513
And people that have been racing longer than I have in SSM. But yeah, CRXes are most popular in the slower than balls stock classes, where they still get rekt by Neons.
>>
I own a 90 CRX Si and it's my only car, its a fun little fucker and drives like a pissed off go-kart but I agree with everyone else. It's a rough ride although my suspension is probably mostly original factory so im gonna rebuild that along with engine mounts, stoarage behind seats is difficult to reach, I'm slightly too tall for it so my head touches the roof if i dont sit a certain way.
My Headgasket is leaking bad though so I'm gonna get in there and fix everything i can find thst needs fixing in the next few days.
My biggest fear is putting all this work into it only to have it stolen. Apparently the previous owner had it stolen from him but the thief just left it somewhere with no damage and nothing missing
>>
>>13937792
>don't spend more than 2k unless sub 150k

please, do keep it up. that way real enthusiasts can purchase these cars instead of poorfags who will fuck them up

avoiding real hondas on principle sounds amazing for me. We don't need more faggots taking these off the roads
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.