[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im kinda curious, why doesnt someone design and build an all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1448412177375.png (684KB, 775x775px) Image search: [Google]
1448412177375.png
684KB, 775x775px
Im kinda curious, why doesnt someone design and build an all in one plug and play computer system that can compute the best way to run an engine?

It would be capable of pulling readings from all the engine sensors like coolant/oil temp and knock sensor, o2 sensor and etc. Then it would calculate the best air/fuel ratio from those readings.

So from the first start-up (from a fresh engine build and computer install) it would start the engine from a very conservative engine tune (that you set?) and from there, it would slowly advance timing until it detected the slightest knock, then it would slightly retard it (it would do this a few times while you are driving it during a few different conditions). It would also set the injector duty cycle based on the o2 sensor (wide ban?). Im sure it wouldnt be too hard to also install two hal effect sensors on the cv axles closest to the transmission and closest to wheel hub to measure torque based on the torsional measure of that grade of metal (the metal the axle shaft is made out of) for dyno type readings.

Basically im just curious if a computer could find the optimum tune for a custom built engine (that still runs off of gasoline) without the need of a shop to tune your engine for several hundred dollars.

Pic not related, it was one of two I had saved on my pc.
>>
You mean an ECU?

Also, shit like this exists: http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/mc/efi/e-street.shtml
>>
>>13935378
so basically every modern ecu system ever
>>
>>13935406
>>13935430

I'm talking about some sort of aftermarket ecu that can take into account every sensor you have plugged in and then tune the engine itself. It would be able to set any sort of custom engine up with the correct tune ( assuming the hardware connected to it have the appropriate hardware to accommodate it.)

You wouldn't have to take your car to a shop as it would be able to tune it self.
>>
>>13935439
It exists. Visit the link I posted, dickhead.
>>
>>13935439
so basically every modern ecu system ever
>>
>>13935439
> I want the computer to do everything for me because tuning is hard.
> Macfag detected.

This is the most ridiculous shit I have ever read. There are too many variables for a cost effective microprocessor/FPGA to be able to manage. Go away.
>>
>>13935445
>>13935446
>>13935451

I visited the link you posted, i was just curious, it didn't seem to do everything i was wondering about.

I see all sorts of people talking about taking their cars to a shop to get them tuned after turbocharging them or building custom engines or getting larger injectors, etc...

I was just curious why someone hadn't built a PNP system that could tune all that itself.

>inb4 megasquirt
>>
>>13935469
>I was just curious why someone hadn't built a PNP system that could tune all that itself.
The system I posted does exactly this. It takes an old-as-fuck V8 and makes it run and selfs tunes as you drive.

Your ideas aren't new or interesting.

Megasquirt is just a DIY ECU, it requires lots of tuning.
>>
>>13935469
>I see all sorts of people talking about taking their cars to a shop to get them tuned after turbocharging them or building custom engines or getting larger injectors, etc...

You're mistaking "retards with more money than sense" versus "people who know know how to tune a car". The latter do not need to go to a shop to tune, and if they do, it's because they need a dyno, which a PNP ECU will not fix. I'm certain there are a shitload of idiots on this board who have gone and bolted shit on because gotta go fast, but didn't consider the project before they started, which results in people who need to take their shit to tuner shops.

It's like faggots who go and buy a top end graphics card then realise it or its drivers are not compatible with their rig. No prior research, minimal understanding of the technology, and too much money. No different.
>>
>>13935472
I was just curious is all. I reread the the webpage you linked to and seems to be pretty self sufficient. Pretty self tuning, and plug and play.

>Your ideas aren't new or interesting.

I never said they were. It was just something i was wondering about, i've been drinking for a bit, otherwise i wouldn't have posted a thread about it.

>>13935481
Again, im just curious, but your saying that people don't normally get their engine tuned at dyno or shop. But rather tune it themselves at home?

What if they take an NA engine and rebuild it with forged and nitrated internals, turbo it, and then decide that their stock injectors wont properly feed their motor? Just tune their computer themselves? Not everyone can tune an engine?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.