[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/ would my mostly stock recently acquired 2006 wrx with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (939KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
939KB, 2448x2448px
Hey /o/ would my mostly stock recently acquired 2006 wrx with some type of aftermarket exhaust be able to beat a modified 2013 st Ford Focus hatchback that's straight piped? On the touge of course.
>>
This would more depend on driver mod than anything.
>>
>>13935007
Focus ST has more power but is also borderline pigfat and FWD.
>>
would be close, depends who is the better driver.
>>
Aren't you still trying to learn how to drive stick?

In that case, the Focus, assuming the driver isn't a huge faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (806KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
806KB, 2448x2448px
>>13935095
Yes. I raced him literally the second day of learning to drive stick but still barely knew how to shift correctly and it was basically in a straight line. Nice kid but I was in a parking lot and him and his friends walked up and asked how fast my car was then if I wanted to race, so I said sure but I was easily beat. But it was basically just us going in a straight line for a quarter mile, I think I can take him on the touge though nearby.
>>
File: image.png (334KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
334KB, 640x1136px
>>13935095
Any tips on how to accelerate the fastest with shifting?
>>
not with equal drivers

Focus is beter
>>
>>13935108
its all on the flick of da wrist
>>
>>13935108
>>13935104
It mainly just amounts to how fast you can shift through the gears.

You have to ease into the launch, and shift quickly at the peak of the power band.
>>
>>13935122
Is shifting at or near redline okay?
>>
>>13935114
But wouldn't the focus not be able to keep up with me on turns since its heavier and front wheel drive? I think I may have some chance there
>>
>>13935127
Comes down to driver, the focus is really good in corners
>>
>>13935140
really? How so? Do you think I'd have a better chance in my stock auto Z31?
>>
>>13935124
Generally, yes. The peak acceleration of the power band ends a bit before the red line, though. Practice going through the gears and try to feel where the car stops accelerating quickly in the gear, and then shift.

Shit gets fucked if you have a rev limiter, though.
>>
>>13935144
Okay, I get that. So kind of shift wherever the point is where acceleration kind of slows down during each gear?
>>
>>13935149
Yep. And of course hold on to the lower gears for as long as you can to get the car up to speed.
>>
>>13935124

Yes, but don't do it five times per day everyday, rings lands aren't known to love that.
>>
>>13935143
FWD tends to understeer to compensate for this there is basically a brake assisted diff that brakes when it senses wheel spin. When you are driving it literally feels like you are being towed behind a boat and yanked through corners when this happens. Also the rear suspension is softer so the car oversteers. Its a fun car and just like the WRX you should enjoy it for what it is and not get caught up in minor performance stuff. If you want to give yourself a headache over performance buy a racecar.
>>
you and your friend are both equally shit drivers. He has the faster car he'd win.
>>
File: image.jpg (684KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
684KB, 2448x2448px
>>13935165
...so you're saying my wrx can take his focus on the touge? Pic related
>>
>>13935199
no idea what that even means, awd launches better but once the ST is moving it will pull harder
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.