[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ridiculous car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: twister.jpg (184KB, 1024x765px) Image search: [Google]
twister.jpg
184KB, 1024x765px
I never owned a ridiculously stupid car so I got one of these. Isn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be. Seat is comfy, drives smooth, heaters blow hot air so fast.
What ridiculous purchases have you made?
>>
Bought a Peugeot 106 for 300 euros. The exact same color as in the pic. Drove it for a year, got bored of it and sold it for 400 euros. It was extremely reliable for a French car. I expected it to break down constantly and be a complete shitbox, but I never had any problems with it and it achieved 160 km/h without major vibration.
>>
File: zest.jpg (551KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
zest.jpg
551KB, 1024x768px
>>13932752
Well done it sounds like you actually got some solid use out of it. I had a 309 for some time. Was also surprisingly good! Could fit 2 fat men and 3 washing machines in it.
>>
I agree, the K11 micra is a pretty good daily driver. it might only have 75hp or so but it weighs so little that it doesn't even matter.

upgrade the suspension and brakes, and you have a road-legal go-kart. or keep it stock and enjoy the smooth ride and low fuel consumption.
>>
I bought an identical shitbox to the one I already owned for 300 United States buckaroos. It had a blown motor but a -prefect- body and interior. I swapped all the good cosmetic parts over to my original shitbox (doors, seats, dash panels, lights, almost everything). I then took the old shitty parts and put them onto the car I had just bought and sold it to the junkyard for 300 doll hairs.

Ridiculously smart purchase.
>>
>>13932907
It feels very like a go cart and another bonus was when someone boxed me in. The car is literally light enough that I was able to lift the back end up and move it out onto the road so I could reverse out and drive away. I would very much like to uprate the suspension. Any recommendations?
>>
>>13932965
I bought a donor car once and it saved me an absolute fortune!
>>
>>13933051
well, I can't give any specific parts recommendations, but you should put lowering springs and stiffer shocks on, and get an adjustable panhard rod while you're at it

I had cut springs and stiffer shocks from an Opel Corsa on mine. not the best solution, but cheap.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 490x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 490x200px
Mitsubishi doge colt vista.
>>
>>13932787
>Could fit 2 fat men and 3 washing machines in it.

That just raises so many questions
>>
>>13933100
2 weeks ago I had bought a donor car just for the parking heater for 200€.
Right now I have already made 400€ off it and have still plenty of parts to sell plus I got a really nice dash and the parking heater.

I feel like a scrap yard owner when I tell somebody about it now.
>>
File: civic.jpg (34KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
civic.jpg
34KB, 400x400px
>>13933139
Would love to get some Konis or something. second hand though. I've been looking at the widest wheels available also. Seems that most japanese cars of the time have alloys that fit. honda civics etc.
>>
>>13933163
not quite sure if it wants to be an austin metro or what
>>
File: Anustart.jpg (82KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Anustart.jpg
82KB, 960x720px
>>13932707
I bought an '89 VW Cabbie last spring for the hell of it. It was actually so much fun, but it was automagic and the roof needed replacing before dealing with winter in Canada, so I sold it. I'd buy one again. It was always fun when people saw all 6'3" of me fold myself out of that tiny thing.
>>
>>13933168
Washing machines to go to the dump and fat men to lift the washing machines on pickup and drop off. Don't worry it wasn't a soup kitchen haha
>>
>>13933238
cool looking car. I once had a lecturer who used to drive a mini. Actually removed the front seat and sat in the back he was giant. Was a one off custom convertable too because his head couldnt fit otherwise. must have been a similar experience to you
>>
>>13933238
I concur, I had an '86 Cabbie. I'm 6'-0" but with the top down, I felt like a mad pimp.
>>
>>13933250
It was definitely a tight squeeze, but not all that bad. Leg room was alright with the seat all the way back. Headroom was a little dicey. The top of my head was about even with the rollbar, so if I rolled it I'd die. But riding around with the top down was a lot of fun. I miss it.
>>
>>13933232
yes, the bolt pattern is a common one, 4x100

I have 7x15 alloys with 185/45R15 tires. works great.
175/65R15 tires had major clearance issues when the car was lowered, but they might fit on an unmodified car.
>>
>>13932707
Do the Rev limiter mod and enjoy hitting 9k rpm.
>>
>>13933347
Sounds like a plan there. I was thinking 15s maximum ad It looks to me like 16s would be waaay too big. Thanks for the advice.
>>13933625
Lo-al!
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.