[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car scenes in movies that fucked you up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

File: image.png (449KB, 700x543px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
449KB, 700x543px
tell us about car related movie scenes that left you speechless (in both positive or negative way)
also general car movie thread
I'll start:
that shitty jurassic world movie with chris pratt
>find twenty year old jeep wrangler
>things been rusting in the rainforest for solid 20 years
>"oh I'm sure it's just the battery"
>switch battery
>drive away
>mfw
>>
That one movie where a Toyota beat a Ferrari
>>
dagumi
>>
>>13931096
Drive angry
>theres something wrong with your engine
>pokes the engine
>ok its fixed
>>
>>13931108
Reminded me when seeing the first F&F movie with mates and giggling that when they popped the hood of the Supra there was this old, N/A piece of shit there
Well, that and a grocery getter Honda beating anything.
>>
Daily reminder that the inline 6 in Jeeps are bulletproof.
>>
My first wtf moment. When they crushed Eleanor in gone in 60 secs.
>>
>>13931096
Which would have been more expensive: the JZ swap they actually did for tokyo drift or the RB26 they claimed they did in the movie?
>>
>>13931096
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5Idr_MdvUY
>>
>>13931096
Even my missus called bullshit on that one..

> Wait, that's been sitting in a steaming jungle for years, wouldn't the tyre rubber degrade or something? Would there still even be air in the tyres?

Bless her.
>>
File: image.jpg (177KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177KB, 500x500px
>>13931096
>jeep

It would have been more believable if it was an old Toyota landcruiser
>>
fast and impotent 6 I think it was...
when the hero is shifting the gtr with the stick and not paddles...

also, all FF movies... my balls they suck!
>>
>>13931330
didnt johnny walker die or something
>>
>>13931297
They sure as hell can't run on 20 year old gas
>>
>>13931265
Fuck you Hondas are great
>>
The scene where chriss patt was riding his motorcycle in the jungle at night How'd he not hit any trees
>>
>>13931096
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVaNBrYLvFg
>>
>that one movie where paul walker dies wrapping himself around a tree and people seriously think it's porsche's fault
>>
File: hon.jpg (22KB, 402x223px) Image search: [Google]
hon.jpg
22KB, 402x223px
>>
>>13931096

Most of the Bourne films. Even a lovely classic Mini cannot go down a flight of stairs at speed without sustaining any damage, for example.

Any car chase where you can shoot a car and it explodes like it's made of nitroglycerine. This makes me sad.

Also, knowing cars as I do, any scene which is just completely unbelievable for Top Trumps reasons - even a 1992 GAZ Volga would have been able to outrun that tank in Goldeneye.

This is why I can't watch nice things.
>>
>>13932420
twingo at 2:34
>>
Any movie where a Honda beats anything.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boEb8zKfPBo

fucking everything about this show
>infinite runway
>ferrari 458 keeping up with airliner
>haxing via ethernet
>>
File: Mitsubishieclipse.jpg (73KB, 960x408px) Image search: [Google]
Mitsubishieclipse.jpg
73KB, 960x408px
>hit nos
>floor pan falls out
>>
>>13932428
well seeing as porsche's are garbage cars that only asshats and boomers buy. They are right it was the pile's fault
>>
>>13932774
Another at 2:14
>>
File: 8wjf2u.jpg (19KB, 575x323px) Image search: [Google]
8wjf2u.jpg
19KB, 575x323px
>Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior
>The V8 Interceptor is ran off the road, tumbles down a cliff, practically totaled, and is blown up by raiders

>Mad Max 4: Fury Road
>Max has the Interceptor at the beginning of the movie, gets stolen by war boys, gets upgraded and used by said war boys, then it explodes

>again
>>
>>13934117
V1 for a 747 is only 170mph
>>
>>13934788
I remember reading somewhere that fury road takes place in between 1 and 2 and has its own plot separate from the original trilogy. I could be wrong tho
>>
File: 1446291931536.jpg (85KB, 1024x727px) Image search: [Google]
1446291931536.jpg
85KB, 1024x727px
That one scene where some teenage kid in a fucking 80's shitbox Toyota beats some racing guy in his FD3S on a fucking mountain
>>
A single scene just about ruined terminator genisys for me.
When John Nanobot Connor rips out the air tank on the bus they claim they lose brakes, but air brakes dont work that way, the brakes would lock.
Shortly after he pole vaults the bus by ripping out the driveline of a rear engine bus from the middle, I actually facepalmed in the theatre.
>>
People shifting automatics during a race/chase scene.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 375x167px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 375x167px
>lack of "DANGER TO MANIFOLD"

Like, what in the fuck could that ever be
>>
>>13932420
>that falling car at 1:15

kek
>>
>>13934117
>these awful special effects
this left more more speechless
>>
>>13934991
this scene convinced me in my youth that I know nothing of cars.

I was young and now I am more knowledgeable.
>>
I recently saw Grand Prix and I was amazed at how they could make a movie like that in 1966.

For those who haven't seen it, its about Formula One racing in the 1960s, and follows four racers with their own stories and sideplots. It opens with a race at Monte Carlo, and ends with a race at Monza. It really is a great film, it has incredible cinematography that still holds up today, even if the film's other scenes feel a bit dated. Still, racing is the film's major focus, and racing scenes easily make up half of the film.
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 513x699px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 513x699px
Everything in torque
>>
>>13934867
>yo man its like a really good car
>>
>>13931096
But the 4.0 is God tier anon
>>
>>13931334
Here's your reply
>>
>>13931096
Why didn't they drive the UTV? Was it wrecked?
>>
>>13931096
Ever seen the movie "Drive Hard"? Supposed to be about a former race car driver forced into getaway driving... But the driving scenes are just God awful. I don't know if there's a single thing it does right.

>constantly shifting in a PRNDL auto
>econobox running from everything
>old mustang easily out runs motorcycles at low speeds
>cars aren't consistent between scenes (sometimes even changing makes)
>Randomly gets that "clunk... Clunk clunk... Clunk clunk clunk" problem that all old cars get in movies for no apparent reason
>>
in the movie drive when he's going fast in reverse... shifting gears... in reverse.
>>
>>13931096
>the part in bullitt where he gets ridiculous amounts of wheel hop backing up
>>
>>13934867
This
>>
>>13934117
mh370 was hacked.
>>
I hate it when a show or movie has a ducati making an inline 4 sound. Like, damn, they had the bike there, running, but used different sounds? Whyyy?
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.