[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What grinds your gears?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: grinds-my-gears.jpg (14KB, 320x248px) Image search: [Google]
grinds-my-gears.jpg
14KB, 320x248px
For me it's:

>Rear Mounted Turbo's

They are for either the lazy and broke or people with engine bays that are too small to fit a properly mounted turbo. They are in no way better than a regular turbo and WILL make less power than a conventional system that is closer to the engine.
>>
Shut up fag
>>
a synchro going bad
>>
coolant hose breaking over the exhaust manifold while in a funeral procession
>>
>>13921751
bump
>>
>>13921817
>bumping on a slow board
>>
>>13921751

i just feel like you should be aware that you're autistic
>>
>>13921840
yeah I will save the rest of them for tonight
>>
>>13921860
noted
>>
>>13921869

glad i could help

carry on
>>
>>13921751
What pisses me off beyond reason is when people smudge my car with their filthy shoes. I understand it rained and it's muddy outside, and it's fine. But is it really that fucking hard to keep your feet on the floor mats and not fuck everything up? Just fuck off
>>
>>13921892
I remember I slid into the mud one time and got stuck. I got out to see if my shit was fucked up and felt regret as soon as my feet touched the ground
>>
>I always drive slightly faster then the speedlimit and still people are overtaking me, tailgating me and giving me light signals everyday

Drivers in holland are the fucking worst...
>>
>people driving with only one low beam working

Seriously, it's anywhere from $20 - $40 for a bulb. Fucking buy one.
>>
>Have to put a serpentine belt on
>Tension pulley is on the bottom
>Belt is right next to the frame
>Can only put a wrench on it
>Have to wrestle a fucking belt under the car

FUCK YOU FORD
>>
>>13921751
>what grinds your gears

neutral dropping
>>
>>13921989
Move to french canadia.
>>
>>13921751
>inb4 confusions between turbo lag and boost threshold
Still remember that shitposting tripfaggot 7mge claiming "dey don't lag gais, boost at 2500rpm!".
>>13922142
lel
>>
>>13922174
Being lazy and shifting without the clutch
>>
>>13922142
reverse dropping
>>
>>13921751
People who drive manual transmissions and put down car enthusiasts that drive autos
>>
>>13921758
Fucker beat me to it
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 630x420px
>>13921751
> what grinds my gears?
People talking on their phones while driving.

People not using their signals.

People putting wings on fwd cars.

People judging cars they have never driven before and know very little about first hand.

>>13921989
That's pretty much everywhere, friend.

>>13922020
Sounds exactly like the setup for my Ford, except I got the belt off in a matter of 5 mins tops. Learn the route of your belt, take the belt off of one of the middle pulleys and not around one of the end pulleys. Easy peasy.

>>13922174
If the turbo is rather small, then it will gain boost rather quickly and if the turbo is rather large and the housing is smaller, then it will gain boost quickly as well.

>>13922746
Really, any car enthusiast bashing on another car enthusiast for driving something different is stupid.

If the person actually knows what they are talking about and not just making shit up and trying to bullshit to sound like a car enthusiast, then we should all treat each other with respect.

Majority of the world aren't car enthusiasts, and we should treat each other with kindness and respect, as we all have a passion for the automotive world.

And no matter what we drive, no matter what our setup is, no matter what we build our cars for, we all build them with the same passion. We all love our cars and aspire for getting much more out of them.

So treat each other right.
>>
>>13922925
lol, *CobraAnon
>>
Idiots who think downforce isn't needed on fwd cars

> huur wings on fwd
>>
>Oil cap says 10W30
>User manual says 10W40
>Internet says 5W30
>Mechanic says 0W30

Fuck you saab
>>
>>13922942
Be careful. Last time I said this everyone got mad
>>
>>13923025

Just put in olive oil.
>>
>>13923041
I ended up using 10W40 since I had a gallon lying around from my previous car. Engine seems happy enough with it
>>
>>13922942
Downforce can be supplied with front diffusers and splitters.

A huge ass wing on the back of an EX Civic isn't how you get downforce. It'll have negative affects.
>>
>>13923053
10w40 would be preferable for colder seasons and 10w30 would be better for warmer seasons.
>>
>>13923116
I think you've got that backwards bro...
>>
>>13923140
I think you might be right. Just got off work and already I'm slipping.
>>
>>13923116
Well It's November in Scotland, currently 3 degrees centigrade outside, and she's due an oil change.

Gonna put in 10W30 this time, just to shake things up a bit
>>
>what grinds your gears
Usually if i don't push in the clutch and try to shift it grinds my gears.
>>
>'s for plural everything
>quoting the OP
>"haha"

Non-autism

>Cars since 2000
>>
File: 10933207.jpg (48KB, 250x174px) Image search: [Google]
10933207.jpg
48KB, 250x174px
>>13923239
>not rev matching and shifting without using the clutch at all
>>
>>13923255
>not removing synchros from tranny because weight reduction
>>
>>13923272
>not removing tranny and just bolting your driveline to a clutch.
>>
>>13923255
Driving like this in everyday commuting is stupid. Stop acting like everyday driving is like Initial D or Fast and Furious.

No one logically does that shit all the time. It's like saying that you're going to heel-toe everywhere.
>>
>>13923406
> not removing your entire drivetrain and just flintstone-ing it
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (6KB, 200x194px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
6KB, 200x194px
>hi guys it's Shmee!
>>
>>13923104
Take a look at any fwd car setup for time attack then get back to me
>>
>>13921751
When i change into 4th too fast

Because 2nd has a double synchro so it held up better
>>
>>13924041
Again, a street car and an all out track car are two completely different machines.

Yes, if you are taking corners at 140+ mph, a wing will be beneficial.

If you are a ducking street car out racing on the streets or at your local track on track day, then no, that rear wing isn't going to benefit you at all. It will actually hurt your aerodynamics if your car isn't purposely built for track racing, then a rear wing on your fwd car will not help in the slightest.
>>
File: uwotm8 (3).jpg (7KB, 176x144px) Image search: [Google]
uwotm8 (3).jpg
7KB, 176x144px
>>13924073
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 500x372px
>>13924080
You're one of those "car guys" who keeps going back to the first shop you ever went to and never bother to look up the going rates for the work you get done on your car, huh?

Pic related.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.