[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to decide between a new Volt and a used ELR. Both are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (142KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
142KB, 1280x720px
Trying to decide between a new Volt and a used ELR. Both are 34k. I want something efficient that isn't a fucking Prius.

Volt has room for my large dog. I travel with the dog maybe one time every other month. We have another car that she'd fit in better.

ELR is much better looking and far more premium.

My commute is 65 miles in a day, so I should be able to do fully electric in either. New Volt obviously gets better range.

ELR has depreciated pretty far. Volt has not.

What do, /o/? Only other thing I've considered is a CT200h.
>>
get an i3
>>
>>13921572
You can probably get a brand new ELR off the lot for that much after the tax credits. 7500+your state, so probably 9k total. They just aren't selling. Why pay 50k for an ELR when you can pay the same and get a slightly used Tesla? Or if you can only just afford that, why buy it when you can get a Prius that does the same thing for 1/3rd of the cost?
>>
Christ can those windows get any smaller on the ELR? That just looks fucking ridiculous, what a disgrace to the Cadillac name.
>>
>>13921595

How does that tax credit shit even work? If I'm set to not owe anything to the government this year, I don't get anything, right?

So for it to be effective, I'd want to claim something 10 exemptions so that basically no income tax gets taken out for the year?
>>
File: Elektroauto-BMW-i3-schräg.jpg (539KB, 1394x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Elektroauto-BMW-i3-schräg.jpg
539KB, 1394x1000px
>>13921585

kill it with fire
>>
>>13921701
its not so bad

theyre actually really peppy thanks to the electric motor
>>
>>13921629
Since one of the reasons the government bailed out GM was for the volt, they literally hand you taxpayer money to buy the damned thing. Both are hybrid Chevy Cruzes in reality, I'd say get the volt 2 or whenever the Cadillac rebadge comes out. Buying the old Cadillac you're just buying the old volt.
>>
>>13921572
Get the Lexus CT. It looks better than both of those inside and out. It has nice features, and it's pretty damn reliable. Also it's fairly cheap for a Lexus; only $31k MSRP in the US. You could find a used one for cheaper.
>>
>>13922176
It looks like a squished 1 series with down syndrome. It's the worst looking BMW you can buy today.
>>
>>13922256

The worst BMW you can buy today is the 128i. It's limp with poor seating posture and has nothing going for it.
>>
the volt's a good powertain and chassis, the ELR is a much much more comfy upscale version of the ELR that feels a little sportier, i'd go with the elr
>>
>>13921701
this would actually be a really cool car if they put the same drivetrain in a sleeker small coupe-like 2 series looking body
>>
>>13921572
ELR. No question
>>
>>13921572
>>13924802
The ELR was fucking awful until the latest refresh and OP is talking about getting a used one, so a shit one.

Both cars suck ass though.

But like >>13921595 said, you can get a new one for almost that much.
A new one should cost around 45k.
$57500 - $7500 federal tax credit - $5000 "get this dogshit off our lots" discount.
>>
>>13925394

there is no refresh

what are you talking about
>>
>>13925444
What are YOU talking about?
It got a refresh for the 2016 model, you retard.

1.5s faster 0-60, improved suspension, updated body/lights, $9000 price drop.

Why the fuck do you just respond with dumb shit and make yourself look retarded instead of googling it?
>>
>>13925463

calm down its an anonymous messaging forum
>>
>>13922276
You can't buy the 1 series in the US.
>>13925394
>Both cars suck ass though.
Nah, I mean the ELR wasn't worth the nearly base Tesla price they were asking when it first came out, but at a less than Tesla price, they are the best green car choice for most drivers.
>>13922195
Those credits were for every car in the class. If you lived in Atlanta from 2009-2014, you could theoretically qualify for credits in excess of the total cost of a two year low mileage lease on a Leaf. They were literally free if your credit score was higher than 680.
>>13922248
Worst car in the segment.
>>
>>13925858
>Worst car in the segment.
Can you brief up why?
>>
>>13925887
Sorry electric range, poor hybrid mode mileage, predator face, etc.
>>
>>13925463
>lighter
>better engine
>bigger battery

The 2nd gen is going to sell much better. 3rd gen will push the tech into the price range of most car buyers.
>>
>>13925858
>Nah, I mean the ELR wasn't worth the nearly base Tesla price they were asking when it first came out, but at a less than Tesla price, they are the best green car choice for most drivers.

They were discounted on dealers lots like 7k-10k brand new anyway.

Markup on cars like those is insanely high and they can drop them down a lot.

It's still probably like a 10grand markup instead of 17grand markup.

At 57.5k, or even 50k if you can use the rebate, it's still not really worth it. You can get a Cayman for that price which gets pretty good gas mileage and has low emissions, better build quality.

>>13925930
Yes, it's a lot better now.
Before the update, it was complete shit, which is why I told the OP not to get a used one. Now it's decent, but still not a good buy, imo, unless you have some sort of problem that makes you want that car still anyway.
>>
>>13927376
>You can get a Cayman for that price which gets pretty good gas mileage and has low emissions, better build quality.
>ELR?
> No, Cayman
I don't think you've got a strong grasp on the market for an ELR (Not that Cadillac did either...). It isn't a sports car, it's a personal luxury coupe that can drive the average suburbanite's commute without burning any fuel, but can also do 300 miles between 5 minute "charges" on the occasion that you want to take a trip.

And they are fantastic cars for that purpose, assuming you don't have kids.

They just feel like a $50,000 car, not a $70,000 car.

Cross shopping an ELR and a Cayman is like cross shopping a regular cab pickup and a Cayman.
>>
>>13922176
Every electric cars is "peppy'.
>>
>>13928392
>wanting what the ELR is
>>
>>13921572
I have a 2012 volt. I love this fucking car. I love it so fucking much. Holy dicks, do I love it.

It has pretty much everything you could want when looking for a hybrid.

It's a comfy car and I think it's got a certain appeal to it in terms of style.
>>
File: 2016_Kia_Soul_EV+_Charging.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
2016_Kia_Soul_EV+_Charging.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>13921572

Kia soul EV, most room for your dog and can be used to transport stuff.

Also best range of all the electric cars outside the tesla.
>>
>>13931233
How often do you have to fill it up?
>>
>>13931394
Honestly? I haven't been able to plug it in yet because I have roommates. So, I can't say. However, I get 270 to 300 miles on a tank of gas and it costs 17 to 20 bucks to fill up the tank with premium.

When I get a place with my girlfriend in the next few months, I'm looking to get a house with a garage so I can plug my car in.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.