[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Audi, BMW, Benz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Audi+BMW+Mercedes.jpg (36KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
Audi+BMW+Mercedes.jpg
36KB, 620x349px
Which one has the best reputation? In terms of image, but also considering reliability and the engineering of the car.

Always wanted a BMW when I was younger as my dad drove one. Now I realize how common all of these cars are, it feels like only the performance models are cool.
>>
>>13905064
Germanfag here, I think they just have different reputations.
Audi is for people who want a nice, good car without paying a fuckton.
Mercedes is for people who want the prestige and want everyone to know they kind of have money.
BMW is mostly for old guys or turks here, has the reputation of being equally good but less classy.
>>
>>13905096
turks don't buy BMW anymore. Get your facts straight faggot.
>>
>>13905135
>>13905096
Are turks just people from turkey? Never heard much about them in the US.
>>
>>13905064
bmw has always been thought of as the enthusiast brand
merc is the old man's brand, AMG is their redeeming factor
audi is just a nice vw
>>
Mercedes is for the company boss because there's no better brand for being behind the wheel.

BMW is for his spoiled son who will either crash it and write it off on the Nordschleife or eventually sell it to a bunch of Turks.

Audi is for people who wish they could be BMW tier assholes but can't afford a BMW or have offspring to taxi around forcing them to opt for an all wheel drive family wagon.
>>
>>13905187
Aren't BMW and Audi comparable in price? Is it different in Europe?
>>
File: 190p2mlu6rbdvjpg.jpg (44KB, 675x607px) Image search: [Google]
190p2mlu6rbdvjpg.jpg
44KB, 675x607px
>>13905064
>BMW
Mostly driven by Bavarian family father's that don't want to admit that they now have to take care of responsibilities and want something sporty to drive. Older ones are driven by Turks because they're dirt cheap and they want something that gets em sideways because >MUH HIGH TESTOSTERONE
Reliability wise they're pretty meh but parts are easy to come by especially with older models.

>AUDI
It isn't a common stereotype but I've noticed that they're very popular among Franconians. They're pretty over-engineered which makes them painfully unreliable. But parts should be dirt cheap since they're basically all from VW.

>MERCEDES
Mostly driven by pensioners and half decaying corpses. Older Benz's are very reliable, don't know about newer ones. Would recommend if you don't care about image.
>>
>>13905064
BMW are for people who want fun to drive cars but want a slight luxury slant. Their smaller vehicles like the 2 and 3 series are often quite reliable but bigger more complex models like the 7 series and X5 are some of the most unreliable vehicles on the face of the earth due to their over engineered designs. They're generally good cars. They're not quite as fun to drive as they used to be, Cadillac and Jaguar have temporarily stolen the handling benchmark, but they're still well rounded. If you live outside of Europe they can be expensive to maintain due to parts not being as common. They're sportier than the other German marques.

Mercedes are big secure, well engineered, generally reliable classical luxury cars. They don't handle as well as BMW nor Audi but they're still very competent nonetheless and more recent models have been coming close to parity. I personally think the new C-Class is a better driver than the 3 series. Again, just like the BMW models, smaller simpler designs are more reliable, but the higher end models aren't drastically unreliable. They're ranked very highly in terms of quality and dependability. They don't have things break very often but when things do break they're expensive to replace. Most refined and comfortable of the German brands.

Audi. Basically luxurious heavy Volkswagens with better interiors and great AWD systems. Base models are front wheel drive. If you pay extra for AWD they become amazing drivers cars but they're not as refined as the other two brands, also can't go sideways in them. They're horrendously unreliable besides the simpler I4 models. Great interior designs though the new designs seem like they're getting uglier, especially the new Q7. I actually want an A6 2.0 Quattro as a commuter but I will probably end up getting an E350 or a Lexus GS as Audi products become frustrating to maintain as they age, though I4 models nearly aren't as bad as the W12 or V8 engines.

It really just depends on what you want
>>
Eastern Euro here:
>Beemer is epitome Russian car - lower class gangster wannabes drive Older M3/5, richer oligarchs drive 5 and X series.
>Newer Mercs are rich snob cars, older ones are are ok daily cars
>Audi's are middle class top line cars
>>
>>13905064
>BMW
The most overrated brand in "sport"

>Audi
The most overrated brand in "luxury"

>Mercedes
The brand. It wipes the floor with both Audi and BMW at once. And I don't even like Mercedes.
>>
>>13907086
kraut?

>>13909454
burger?
>>
>>13905064

BMW used the sporty enthusiast one of the lot
Merc used to be comfy luxobarge one for non-enthusiasts
and Audi has always been pimped up VW shit.

Now all three of them are indistinguishable from one another and are shit.

This coming from someone who's owned 4 bmw's and still own two.
>>
>>13909480
nope, euro
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.