[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will I be able to drive a manual car with a bum left leg and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: JeePpNl.jpg (79KB, 701x720px) Image search: [Google]
JeePpNl.jpg
79KB, 701x720px
Will I be able to drive a manual car with a bum left leg and pretty substantial Rheumatoid Arthritis in my right hand?

I was wondering if it'd be worth it to get a manual or just keep the current autotragic Corolla?
>>
yolo

just try it with a dealership car
>>
>>13901465
I'm a bit worried about fucking up a transmission during a test drive.

If it makes any difference, it's already fairly painful to go from park to drive in my current car, I wouldn't know how it'd be constantly shifting in an urban setting.
>>
>>13901459
Not in traffic, look for a car with an autostick, I'd suggest smg but they might be out of a Corolla owners price range.

>I'm poor too
>>
>>13901485
I drive a Corolla, but I just sold my house for $225k (tfw bought it for $450k before the market crash), and currently going to be renting for a while given my current job has me moving every couple of years.

I can afford a car up to ~$50k.
>>
>>13901495
so you lost 50% of your house's value and you want a new $50k car with what little amount you got out of the sale?
>>
>>13901459
Doesn't constant motion actually help arthritis?
Manual might help you, then. Not an expert, though.
>>
>>13901510
>little
I still have savings, I still have good credit, I still have a stable job and general financial stability. Frankly, the house was more of a burden than anything. If I sold it during the market crash, I probably would have got 25% of what I bought it for.

Despite the shortcoming, I've been very frugal, and I had backup plans in case of losing my house's value. I still have plenty of money available to me.

Mind you, I'm still making $110k/year with my work, and I'm spending less money renting the current studio apartment I'm in currently with utilities than I was for a single month's mortgage.

I also sold a plot of land I inherited up in North Carolina for $43k.
>>
>>13901459

If you have trouble with an automatic gear selector, a manual is probably not going to be a good idea.

>>13901539

Exercise can certainly help, but if you're in the middle of a flare up, it feels like someone filled your joints with shattered glass.
>>
File: phyex4.jpg (24KB, 400x276px) Image search: [Google]
phyex4.jpg
24KB, 400x276px
>>13901539
No.
>>13901553
This, I've been doing exercises for years when I found out I was developing early-onset RA, but unfortunately if I abuse my hand too much it'll end up looking like this.
>>
>>13901539
Oogams McBoogams
>>
>>13901459
Just get a rhd.
Clutch on the right
Shifter on the left
>>
>>13901479
>I'm a bit worried about fucking up a transmission during a test drive.

Dude...
You are not racing in a 700HP car.
>>
>>13901966
Not quite, pedals are still the same.
>>
>>13902004
You clearly don't know what you are talking about фaм
>>
>>13901459
I am interested in how those tires hold air.

Also I hope you can get a sick robot arm and leg soon and drive a manueL
>>
>>13905436
>using mechanical limbs to drive a manual transmission car for "muh feels"
thats pretty funny actually
>>
Well, I test drove a Ford Focus ST, I managed to drive just fine foe the first 5 minutes. After that, when taking off from a stoplight I had a fit in my hand and I had to pull over and had the salesman drive back.
>>
>>13905436
i recall finding it before theyre buckets with the bottom cut off and stuck to the original rims.
>>
>>13901459
Had a gout attack recently - almost died from pain in left ankle trying to drive home - almost didn't make it. Get an Automatic. I am.
>>
>>13906360
Nigga are you 75
>>
>>13906360
>>
>>13906413
*slow clap*
>>
>>13906287
Look for sequential manuals, I believe the Mr-S is the most affordable car to come with one but might be hard to find or not what you're looking for.

Vw gti or R dsg.
Lancerer ralliart or evo sst
Bmw 135 dsg

Other affordable smt cars I forgot?
>>
>>13901459
You could fabricate some sick shifter so it's easier to pick up. Or some sort of bracelet that fits over the shifter.
>>
>>13902120
>>13902004
I'm Australian, and cars are RHD here by default. And I'm telling you, m8, our clutch pedals are on the left. The indicator and wiper sticks are reversed, though.
>>
>>13907436
>indicator and wiper sticks
You mean stalks.

Also both yes and no. Euro imports typically have the indicators on the left.
>>
>>13907436
You are wrong m8.
But it is not your fault, that your brain is upside down.
>>
>>13907392
not OP but that's a pretty good idea. it would look like shit but a huge cushy knob would be super comfy.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.