[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Acura ;_;

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: want.jpg (648KB, 922x691px) Image search: [Google]
want.jpg
648KB, 922x691px
Hey /o/
My car started making the rattling noise under the hood and my mechanic just said sell it and buy a new car.

If someone knocked on your door and asked you to sell you a car you rarely drive would you consider it? My local CL is complete shit and full of literal niggers but I've seen some of what I want in my neighborhood, should I walk up and ask the owner?
Sorry if this is retarded, I have mega-autism
>>
Did he tell you what was wrong with it?
>>
>>13888388
You might have a dropped valve or something similar, either way if the rattling is inside the engine it's a matter of time before it turns into a bomb
>>
>>13888429
no i just mean if someone asked you if you'd sell it and to take a look at it just from knocking on your door, is that acceptable, would i bring money?
>>
>>13888437
Sure. Worst someone can do is say they don't wanna sell it. Find out what's wrong with your car, though.
>>
>>13888436
when im idling it sounds kinda like a tick and as i accelerate it sounds like a loose bolt or something getting bounced up and down
>>
>>13888437
Bring flowers instead. And wear a tie.
>>
>>13888437
Well your current car could be completely fine. Why would you want to sell it without looking into the issue
>>
>>13888388
What type of car are you wanting to get next?
>>
>>13888458
i have a crack in the intake manifold and when i come to a stop the oil light flickers until my car dies completely and i have to restart it
>>
>>13888437
Your mechanic is a retard if he told you just to sell it but did not tell you what was wrong with it Jesus Christ.
>>
>>13888466
really been looking at integra gsr's right now, my dying car is a 96 civic
>>
>>13888468
Apparently it's from putting gear oil in it. But every engine needs oil so I dont understand how that would cause the problem
>>
>>13888451
If it's in the crankcase there's a chance you can save the engine,, if it's not then well your fucked
>>
>>13888486
i was coming off the freeway and the oil came on and i could smell burning oil so i checked it, added a quart and drove home real slow and havent driven it since
>>13888490
is it something i could do it myself?
>>
>>13888486
Gear oil is heavier than regular motor oil.
>>
How much is your car worth
>>
>>13888559
I'm not entirely sure, but I'd set the asking price at about 2k

this is my car now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q43ieyWe-k
>>
Sounds like a misfiring cylinder
>>
>>13888609
should i try taking out the spark plugs, there could be a chance ones coverend in oil, i left the oil cap off once and drove about 50 miles and im still cleaning that shit out of everywhere
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.