[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honda HR-V

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

File: 2016-Honda-HRV-Front.jpg (359KB, 750x484px) Image search: [Google]
2016-Honda-HRV-Front.jpg
359KB, 750x484px
Hey guys, I don't know a lot about cars, but I am kinda interested in this Honda. It seems comparable to a Subaru Crosstrek, and for my needs i think it could be good. Just curious if its something you all would recommend. I currently drive a Honda Civic, and the reliability with it is incredible, so I'm overall happy with Honda as a manufacturer.
>>
>>13888207
Why the fuck do people drive shit like this this type of car is a dime a dozen. Not even. Literally a dozen a dozen. Or actually maybe a bakers dozen a dozen. Holy shit every car on the road are these ugly pigfat fuck shit cars
Get a life and a better car you sheeperson
>>
>>13888223

I'm open to suggestions.
>>
It's a tall Fit with AWD.

Signed,
Honky Kong.
>>
>>13888254

well is there anything similar to this you'd recommend? I don't want to spend much over $25,000 but i want something with more ground clearance than a normal sedan, and room inside. I'm a single guy so I don't need something big. But i want something universal.
>>
buy an Escape or RAV4. Are you going to get the AWD?
>>
>>13888207
>Just curious if its something you all would recommend.
No. And because of the CVT transmission. CVTs, in general are incredibly unreliable. Having the transmission replaced multiple times under warranty is not unheard of.

>>13888251
In that class of vehicles, look at the Buick Encore and the Jeep Renegade. Best cars in the subcompact CUV segment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP0LmtfR4qA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM-th85hRUU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYZGZOtc3Oc
>>
>>13888505

Yes i would prefer AWD

>>13888553

I've always been told to stay away from American manufacturers. Why would you recommend Buick and Jeep over Honda?
>>
File: 1363796863161.jpg (12KB, 296x296px) Image search: [Google]
1363796863161.jpg
12KB, 296x296px
>>13888553
>look at the GM Egg and Fiat Panda MURICA EDITION
>posts literal advertisements
holy shit please no
>>
File: 2014 dependability.jpg (214KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
2014 dependability.jpg
214KB, 600x800px
>>13888568
>I've always been told to stay away from American manufacturers. Why would you recommend Buick and Jeep over Honda?
That's 40 year old thinking that started in the 1970's. American cars are actually very reliable.
The Jeep Renegade is a restyled Fiat 500X with a Chrysler engine, and Buick often places HIGHER than Honda in reliability surveys.
>>
>>13888568
the jeep is a Fiat Panda. There's nothing wrong with American manufacturers but you need to be aware of the specifics. Like how the Chevy Cruze is a GM-Korea designed car and how, some Hyundai Elentras are built in the US.

But since you don't know anything, I would advise just buying a lifted Corolla (read: RAV4) and just avoid cocking it up.
>>
>>13888553

Please do humanity a favor and kill yourself

>actual faggot
>GM fanboy

it'd be FOUR TIMES better if you killed yourself now
>>
>>13888599
>buying a car with a Takata airbag
>ever
That recall covered 31 million vehicles, most of which were Nissan's, Honda's, and Toyota's.
>>
File: 2015-Lincoln-MKC-0[1].jpg (254KB, 750x406px) Image search: [Google]
2015-Lincoln-MKC-0[1].jpg
254KB, 750x406px
>>13888599
>using recalls as a ratings system
I mean fuck, Ford had to recall the Lincoln MKC because fucking idiot baby boomers couldn't fucking figure out that the "ENGINE START STOP" button would turn off the car when you held it.
I mean, think of that. That's worse than the GM ignition switch. you have to PRESS AND HOLD THE FUCKING BUTTON to turn it off. But because it's even remotely near the "S" in "PRNDS" button NHTSA flipped their dick. So what they did? They put the button near "P". So old people will now shut off the car while in the process of parking.

People literally cannot be trusted to save themselves from themselves, and therefore, to prevent lawsuits, it's cheaper to recall over every little bullshit thing that appears than let something get out of hand, like the ignition switch thing.
>>
File: 2016-Honda-Fit-front.jpg (27KB, 640x418px) Image search: [Google]
2016-Honda-Fit-front.jpg
27KB, 640x418px
You don't need AWD. Go drive a Honda Fit.
>>
A Fit is cheaper, has 95% of the space, a better engine, is more efficient, and handles better.

The only reason to get a crossover over the car it's based on is increased ground clearance and AWD.
>>
>>13888749
Fuck that actually looks bretty gud
>>
>>13888207
>honda """awd"""
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkiv-bWbLIo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTdEV6KsrWs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG9yWf4MAtI
honda is so fucking no fun allowed fwd now, even awd refuses to send any power to the rear wheels
>>
>>13889212
on a related note, the Jeep Renegade has an awesome AWD system. Unlike other CUV's, the Renegade is actually capable off-road.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg9mikBMMCQ
>>
>>13889212
I thought that the new HRV isn't even offered with AWD. Unlike its glorious De Dion axeled predecessor.
>>
>>13890436
The HRV is offered in AWD, but it's the same system the CRV uses.
>>
>>13890442
Ok. So then there are variances between different markets. In Finland the launch edition doesn't have AWD even as an optional extra. This is a big let down for many, since we actually have winters and vast network of gravel roads. It will all be for the benefit of the new Suzuki Vitara which is offered only with AWD. Different approaches to same issue.
>>
>>13888207
I considered the HR-V but ended up buying a CX-5.
We don't have a lot of Honda part distributor here and they hike their price like Subaru so fuck them.
>>
File: 2011_toyota_highlander_hybrid.jpg (126KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
2011_toyota_highlander_hybrid.jpg
126KB, 1280x853px
>>13888590

>American cars are reliable
>posts chart that suggests the average American brand produces cars well below the industry average
>average American Brand has whopping 141.7 problems per 100 vehicles
>over 1.4 problems per vehicle per year
>this average increases as the cars get older
>Lexus has less than half this number of problems
>only brand with less than 1 problem per vehicle
>Lexus RX uses K Platform
>same platform used on Camry's, Highlander's, Avalon's, and Sienna's

OP seems like a reasonable guy. He should get a 2009-2012 Highlander with the lowest mileage he can find for his budget, a clean Carfax, and up-to-date servicing.

>can be found for under 25k
>not a Honda
>used car means less money wasted on depreciation
>very roomy
>available V6
>available AWD
>not an under-powered Honda
>Highlander has won numerous accolades
>built on the one of the most popular platforms ever (hint: cheap parts and maintenance)
>built on one of the most reliable platforms ever (hint: you probably won't even need to worry about paying for parts)
>may literally outlive you (with proper maintenance)
>costs 30 more dollars/month in gas than HR-V (based American national average gas price and assuming 1k miles/month)
>more likely to keep you alive in collision than HR-V
>literally better in every way than HR-V except MPG and being used vs new

Oh. Did I mention it's not an under-powered Honda CVT shitbox?
>>
>just Volvo Mazda 3 2010 fusion my shit up
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.