[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No ABS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: why.jpg (100KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
100KB, 670x503px
We all know that with ABS it prevents your wheels from locking up under hard braking.

Why is it on a car without ABS when hitting the brakes too hard causes the steering wheel to lock up?
>>
That's your brain that is locking up not the steering wheel.
>>
>>13888165
It doesn't? It just has little to no effect.
>>
>>13888165
The brakes locking up dont change the steering at all lol, you just lose all of the grip from your tyres so you are no longer able to go in the direction that you want to go in.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZF5lPmtZao
>>
>>13888174
your moms a whore
>>
>>13888165
Castor.the wheels naturally want to be straight. Hard braking with lockup will keep trying to pull the steering wheel/wheels straight. Its not impossible to turn the steering wheel during this, but 100% of the tyres available grip is being used to brake, so you can't turn the car til the tyre usage drops back below 100% use.
>>
>>13888165
What abs effectively does is lock the wheels, every quarter second so that every time you brake you're on a new contact patch, this minimizes traction loss by not over heating the tires in that pass
>>
>>13888368
if takumi dont need abs i dont
>>
>>13888165
That's called physics.
>>
>>13888368
ehh, pretty much.

A wheel that is rotating and has a constantly changing contact patch requires less effort to turn. If you've ever driven a car without powersteering, it's kinda like that.
>>
>>13888165
becasue if the wheels lock, they dont roll and to steer wheels need to roll.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.