[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

noko

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

s4 b7 2007 to buy or not to buy /o/ ?

I need a fun to drive DD somewhat reliable, AWD is a must.

I am aware of the infamous timing chain failure, is it as bad as it seems ? 3-4k$ repair ?

Anything else I must know ?
>>
It only has 25,000 miles and the seller is asking 15k$
>>
File: DSC00535.jpg (576KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00535.jpg
576KB, 1280x960px
>>13888014
The infamous timing chain failure is a myth. people just saw it and theorized it would be trouble. I owned a 2005 for 9 trouble free years and spent lots of time on Audi forums.
>>
>VAG
>>
>>13888014
>>13888021
>tinted lights
>dark as fuck window tint
>those black wheels
Jesus...
>>
>>13888032
thank you for your answer. What kind of wear and tear items were replaced in those 9 years ? No problems at all, coils, shocks ?
>>
>>13888048
Only coil packs (a recall) and a coolant temp sensor. I will tell you, that fucking battery is a fucking bitch to change. You don't really think about it...until you have to change it. FUCK! To make things a little easier, but one of those battery straps you attach to the posts to lift out. But because of it's location, leverage is still bitch.
>>
>>13888048
I also forgot. Windshiled wiper blades cannot be bought off the shelf. And they are expensive. Like $70-80. The upside is they last fairly long. Most of us had issues with the power steering fluid disappearing when they were new. It stopped after about 20,000 miles for me. No one knows where the fluid goes, it doesn't leak. My theory is the seals absorb them and eventually stop the absorption after they have absorbed as much as they can hold.
>>
Oh shit, one more thing. Oil changes are a little more expensive because the 4.2 holds like 13 qts of oil. You can only drain about 10-11 though. But be prepared for buying 11 qts of oil every change.
>>
>>13888078
Basically what this guy said. The coil packs fail so often my shop has a box full of them to use as testers/quick replacements. The temp sensors were shit from the factory but they've almost all been replaced with the updated part. The easiest way to tell is the old sensors are black and the updated sensors are green.
So long as you keep clean oil in it (don't wait for the automated service reminder, change oil every 5k miles max) the timing chains should be ok. The worst thing for you will likely be the alternator belt. It has to be changed from under the car and there is *just* enough room to slide the belt between the pulleys and the fan shroud.
God help you if you ever develop any oil leaks.
>>
Disgustingly bad MPG aside from VAG reliability and timing chains. Performance isn't very good either, its a low 14 second car (355hp but weighs 4000lbs)

For the maintenance costs a E46 M3 is a better car.
>>
>>13888122
>>13888115
>>13888103
>>13888078
Thanks guys, the only things that scare me are the oil leaks and the timing chain.
>>
>>13888014
I hope it isn't that one. Right off the bat you're going to have to get the tint removed and replace both headlights and both tail lights.
>>
>>13888032
And yet the forums prove otherwise, Audi is shit.
>>
>>13888267
Naw, the forums are full of posters who fear timing chains problems, but haven't experienced them. It's the nature of car forums.
>>
>>13888252
local police isnt quite anal on windows/tail lights tint.
>>
>>13888513
It's still illegal and unsafe.
>>
>>13888517
Not to mention it makes you look like a total douchefaggot.
>>
File: 8a9.jpg (18KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
8a9.jpg
18KB, 400x267px
>>13888124
According to the official Audi spec sheet, the B7 S4's curb weight is 3710 lbs.
>>
>>13888124
>its a low 14 second car
2005 Audi S4
13.7 sec @ 102 mph -Car and Driver
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.