[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Acceleration lights?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: speedinglights.jpg (59KB, 578x430px) Image search: [Google]
speedinglights.jpg
59KB, 578x430px
Found it here:
https://social.ford.com/content/fordsocial/en/explore.html#

What are your thoughts?
>>
Why would you ever need that?
>>
>>13880947
There was something like this in Oregon a long time ago. It was a green light for acceleration, I believe.
>>
>>13880963
Because people can't move their heads up a few degrees from their phones to see the green light.
>>
>>13880978
>green light

This isn't about stop lights its about braking/accel lights
>>
>>13880947
Completely useless. Probably the same people want this as the people that want lights for engine braking, lazy fucks
>>
>>13880947
What purpose would that even serve?

Hell, it might make it more dangerous to drive, with a bunch of retars paying attention to another car lights behind them instead of the raod in front of them.
>>
but, cant you already see the brightness change in headlights as the cars mass shifts rearward with inertia causing the rear end to squat down and the headlights to lift upward?

or am i the only observant one on the road?
>>
>>13881003
I meant it in a sense of knowing when to speed up from a stop.
>>
>>13881041
Oh ok I gotcha
>>
>>13880947

Brake lights up front would be more useful.
>>
>>13881014

Not everyone drives with their headlights on during the day, I don't.
>>
>>13880947
The Mazda rx500 has those. Too bad it didn't go into productio,
>>
That's stupid. The only time you'd want this is to prevent being rear ended. But to be honest, a lot of rear end accidents aren't caused by acceleration; they're caused by people going at a constant speed and failing to brake. So acceleration lights would be pointless.
>>
>>13881057
I usually turn mine on around dusk, most cars I see with headlights on during the day are those with the "auto" lights.
>>
>>13881083
>lift off throttle
>don't hit brakes
>person behind you doesn't lift and hits you
Or
>lift off throttle
>grab ebrake cuz you're a dick
Or
>Traveling at 75+ mph.
>lift off throttle
>traffic gets bunched up
>cause pile up accident because of tail gating
>>
>>13881005
Tbh my bike's engine braking is so strong (or rather the momentum so low) that most of the time using the brakes is pointless. Sure I can just barely touch the lever to light up the rear but it requires much more concentration that could be spent on other tasks related to driving, such as looking around you
>>
>>13881057
mine are always on running lights, i couldn't switch them off even if i wanted too.

>>13881005
my break peddle has a 1" travel that does not engage the breaks but just turns on the break lights, or i could just push the button on the dash to make the break lights come on when im engine breaking.

volvos are wierd
>>
>>13880947

I don't understand. I really don't understand how this would be useful.
>>
>>13881090
New cars have always on DRLs. Drives me nuts. At least it helps with fog visibility.
>>
>>13881176
Me neither, this would be something a 40 year old mom driving a buick would want because "safety"
>>
>>13881122
>Rear brake doesnt light until its engaged
>Front is 2strong
Twin disk on a 250 is overkill
>>
>>13881141
>i couldn't switch them off even if i wanted too.
Pull the fuse if there is one. DRL fuse won't affect manual activation.
>>
>>13881108
How does an acceleration light help if you're decelerating via coasting/e-braking? I'm under the impression that an acceleration light lights up when you're accelerating, i.e. accumulating velocity. What you're describing is a gradient brake light; the brake light intensity would be a function of the deceleration/brake application.
>>
It's the edge cases where this becomes useful, say for seeing if someone is about to cut you off making a left turn

What would really be more useful is brake lights on the front, because then you can see if the guy you cut off making your left turn is about to hit you or not
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.