[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Maserati Quattroporte 2003-2012

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 15

File: images.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
Why not? These cars are for sale everywhere, you can find one with 30k miles for $30,000 on AutoTrader.

Ferrari Drivetrain, roomy, luxurious, stylish, would look great with some custom wheels.

So convince me why I should NOT trade my lifted 08 Wrangler JKU for this Italian Guido of a car. Looking forward to hearing from you br/o/s
>>
>>13879654
So unreliable it's not even on the charts.
>>
File: images-1.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
>>
File: images-2.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images-2.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>>
File: images-3.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images-3.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
>>
File: images-4.jpg (10KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images-4.jpg
10KB, 275x183px
>>
>>13879654
I've known several people who have owned one. Transmission issues out the ass. He only put 15K miles on it before it went. $20K dollar repair. He sent it to auction.

Trust me, Maserati before Fiat was actually worse than after fiat aquired them. Now it's just recycled Chrysler parts.
>>
nice thumbnails dickhead
>>
>>13879692
thanks man i needed some convincing cus dat ferrari sound is calling my name
>>13879700
i apologize this is my first time posting
>>
-ugly
-shit car
-ugly and boring design
-no real performance
-expensive as fuck to maintain/repair
-more unreliable than American military intelligence
>>
>>13879717
Trust me, my wife wanted the Ghibli when it came out but when we saw it was literally all Chrysler parts we decided against it.

The tech is antiquated, but the vroom sounded nice. Especially in the S when you opened her up.

But you know how they joke about Benz and BMW's being unreliable pieces of shit after 50k. Maserati's are known to break down withing 6 months off the lot.

They remind me of when Porche fucked up with their transmissions during that 06 Era and after 60K they blew.
>>
listen to your heart and follow your dream op
>>
>>13879745
This. Maserati's are nice, but people buy them more for their style and character rather than performance, practicality, and reliability.
>>
>>13879796

>has no style
>has no character
>literally the down syndrome child of Italian cars

Also, no one buys an Italian car for practicality or reliability, Maserati or otherwise.
>>
>>13879727
>ugly
>ugly and boring design
>>13879727
-more unreliable than American military intelligence
no

also it's a GT not a sportscar, so performance isn't that important
>>
>>13879805
>Also, no one buys an Italian car for practicality or reliability
To be fair, the Italians haven't sold practical cars across the Atlantic until very recently. Fiat's 1.4L shitbox motor is regarded as very strong and reliable, even used for low-tier formula racing in Portugal and other countries.

Multiair shits all over other VVT systems, too, producing DOHC characteristics from an SOHC engine.
The Italians figured out how to make a metaphysical intake camshaft. Let's see Honda do that.
>>
Could you have found any smaller pictures maybe?
>>
File: IMG_6254.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px)
IMG_6254.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
you guys are right. and after my lift and big tires, i expected the jeep to start breaking down. but literally i haven't had to fix a single thing on the car in 3 years of owning it. only simple oil changes and brake pads. and it went UP in value. I recommend buying one of these if you wanna make a quick buck, you can flip it for a grand or two in profit. pic related it's my girlfriend
>>
>>13879874

>The Italians figured out how to take something simple and proven, and make it more complicated and prone to failure.

Fixed that for you.
>>
Does /o/ hate jeeps? i've never seen a jeep post
>>
>>13879894
You're better off in that Wrangler. The resale value on those things is insane.
>>
>>13879894

What kind of disgusted, unsolicited SHILLING is this.

Get the fuck out of here you piece of trash.

http://www2.forbes.com/business/15-new-cars-to-avoid/10/
>>
>>13879903

No better than a RAV4 or a CRV, really. And they're 10x more reliable.
>>
File: IMG_6336.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6336.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>13879903
I know right?! I want to cash in and get myself something fast and loud.

The wrangler is stick which is fun, but it has a damn chrysler minivan motor. snail-pace. and an LS swap would be too expensive. so would a hemi. i've always dreamed of a cummins turbo diesel in this thing though..
>>
>>13879912
Why you hating man? just trying to have a discussion with other car dudes, i agreed the maserati is a horrible idea, just speculating here. Cut me some slack?
>>
>>13879912
>http://www2.forbes.com/business/15-new-cars-to-avoid/10/
I'm also saying I'm bored with the wrangler's poor performance. i need fast&low. because racecar.
>>
>>13879927
Yeah, but you don't have Tesla-like cult followings with those vehicles. Those have good resale value because they're objectively good vehicles.

Wranglers are just pure fun.

>>13879931
I would keep one if the wife would let me. If you're wanting to go fast then sell is privately and go get yourself a 2016 Charger with the 5.7L.

Those have awesome resale value too
>>
File: 50shades.jpg (56KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
50shades.jpg
56KB, 720x720px
>>13879969
>Wranglers are just pure shit.

ftfy
>>
File: moot.png (93KB, 300x184px) Image search: [Google]
moot.png
93KB, 300x184px
>>13879969
>I would keep one if the wife would let me
>>
>>13880007
Where did I imply they weren't complete shit? I said the other cars have their value based on merit whereas the Wrangler does not.
>>
>>13879898
>more complicated and prone to failure.
It's actually incredibly mechanically simple and uses existing, proven technology, the most complex part being the computer which has more work to do with its sensor input than most other cars.. I'll grant you just a DOHC woulda been simpler, but simple things do not drive progress.

Furthermore, in the event of system failure, the cam is ground aggressively to provide maximum power, so losing Multiair only affects fuel economy and emissions at low engine RPM. At full throttle, the MA system deactivates anyway.

>can't post about the cool shit companies do without feeling like a shill
fuck i just love science and technological progress. is that so wrong?
>>
>>13880027
>non-married anon detected.
It's a frat/single guy car. Or mid-life crisis.
>>
>>13879654
They're cheap because they are fucking trash. Unreliable and poorly made.
>>
Girls do love the wrangler. But something is telling me to go for a
sti/evo/supra/rx7/370z/corvette/mustang
and say fuck it
>>
>>13880063
Depends on where you live. North Cali? Get the Japanese car. The south? Get a Mustang, Corvette, etc.
>>
>>13880075
Chicago and Columbia MO.
>>
You buy a Maserati for its sound and sould, for the emotions it gives to you when you're behind the wheel.

Just listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0z1DwGc4kU

You have to be utterly idiots to call this car ugly.
>>
>>13879654
the quattroporte is the ugliest maserati

but
>all the "unreliable" "poor quality" ITT
AYYYYY
>>
Hurr durr ugly car shit tier
>>
Ayy lmayonnaise
>>
>>
>>13880375
>>13880359
Not for the price. There are much better luxury cars. S 600 Maybach isn't much more.

>>13880347
Maserati pre-Fiat is complete garbage. That's a known fact. People who buy then are just paying for the badge and the beautiful sound of Italian muscle.
>>
>>
>>13880359
>>13880375
That steering wheel looks like it's from a fucking Saturn.
>>
>>13880399
As unreliable as it is, when it worked the Quattroporte handled as well as a C63.
Not bad for such a big heavy car.
Lacked grunt tho.
>>
>>13880399
The Maybach S600 (6 meters) is a fucking limousine, not even comparable to the Quattroporte.

It's luxurious but it is a pimped and rebadged Merceds S Class...
>>
>>13880423
Fine standard S550 or even the AMG S class far exceeds the Maserati equivalent.

I do like the Ghibli as a replacement for an E class or 5 Series and the 2 door Maserati is pure sex.

I'm just wary to approach anything with that badge since my friends have had nothing but bad experience. Don't get me wrong though, the cars are gorgeous. But I would be scared to drive what I feel is a ticking time bomb attached to my bank account.

>>13880415
Not bad at all.
>>
>>13880043
I'm married and my wife doesn't have to "let" me get or keep a car. If your wife "makes" you get rid of things you love, she's a bitch and she has you by the balls. There is compromise, but "you can't have that car because *I* said so!" is not an indicator of a healthy relationship.
>>
>>13880951
Yeah dude.

It's one thing to keep finances steady and keep out of debt.

It's another to have the money and for some cunt to say "I don't like that car so you can't like it either".
>>
If you actually plan on driving it do not get the DCT model, get the newer automatic. On the DCT cars most people get around 30k miles out of the clutches, it's a 16 hour job to replace them.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.