[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fiat 500 Abarth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

Let's talk Abarth.

I realized I can get a used one with low miles for $12-15k (in the USA). Seems like a fun shitbox for commuting and weekend track . The depreciation makes since as the cars are very small and harsh ride, which is likely too much for most people. I don't care and I enjoy quirky and borderline shitty cars anyways.

My big concern is reliability. Fiat is an unknown to me. The only complaints I've heard about the cars are related to how they drive or quirks with ergonomics.
>>
>>
>>13873381
fiat is probably the second most unreliable brand in the market.

alfa's are more reliable, and that's saying something.
>>
File: JD-Power-2015-VDS-Rankings.jpg (53KB, 642x790px) Image search: [Google]
JD-Power-2015-VDS-Rankings.jpg
53KB, 642x790px
>>13873381
>>
>>13873492
Just wait until they sell their pickup truck in america. Dear god please have mercy for the dumbasses who buy them
>>
File: civicsi.jpg (63KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
civicsi.jpg
63KB, 770x433px
>>13873381
the civic si is pretty much all around better and you won't look like a fag

Honda is infinitely more reliable than fiat and parts will be cheaper/easier to find when things do break
>>
>>13873492
See I don't understand that.

My sister, father, and mother each own 500's. My sister wrecked her first one (fell asleep at the wheel) but both my dad and mom have >100,000 on theirs.

They follow the recommend maintenance and they've never had anything more go wrong than a headlight go out.

I don't get why people think they are so terribly unreliable. Google searches never come up with anything specific either.
>>
>>13873549
it's not people thinking.

it's statistics.

i don't doubt the milage on your moms and dads cars. but for every car that last as much as those, there are a ton who don't make it past the first few thousand miles.
>>
>>13873381
>FCA
>FIAT
>CHRYSLER
that just about says it all for reliability
>>
File: justhome2.jpg (72KB, 697x523px) Image search: [Google]
justhome2.jpg
72KB, 697x523px
MAZDASPEED3 or Gti make much better choices. If you can find one for 15K, a Focus ST is better too.
>>
>>13873569
>>13873583

examples? references?
>>
File: Giulia engines.jpg (33KB, 380x264px) Image search: [Google]
Giulia engines.jpg
33KB, 380x264px
the high seating position is a bit awkward, other than that it is a really nice car. Huge aftermarket.

pic unrelated.
>>
>>13873622
Its just common knowledge m8

British and Italian cars have always been unreliable. Chrysler has a bad reputation too
>>
>>13873622
see:>>13873496
>>
>>13873638
got a Panda with pretty much the same seating position, you'll get used to it after some time
>>
>>13873492
It's incredible how every european brand is unreliable in the states, while they're reliable in Europe.
You have to do maintenance, you know? It's something you murriclaps don't really grasp.
>>
>>13874289
And the criteria for creating that graph was?

Figures may not lie but figure-rs will figure

What are they defining as a "problem"?
Are all "problems" valued the same?
Do the definitions and values change for different manufactures?
>>
>>13874793
>if I make assumptions and outright lie then I win the argument
>>
>>13874856
Nigger please. It's a well known fact the majority of you burgers don't even care about your cars. They're just a means of transportation.
>>
>>13873549
This. Top gear fifth gear etc all say the French German and Italian shitbox cars are either very reliable or at least reliable enough. What the fuck happnens during that boat ride across the Atlantic?
>>
>>13873569
>le FCA is shit meme meme

Look at the Fiesta ST OP. Its a all around better car, though the Abarth's depreciation is hard to argue against.

>>13874793
>le maintenance meme

americans actually drive their cars while eurofags let theirs sit and take the bus/train to work until they feel like driving to ikea or the beach/whatever 2-3 times a month
>>
>>13874869
>it's a well known fact
>source: the federal bureau of my ass
>>
>>13874890
>boat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7PTbg44Qu0
>>
>>13874905
It's literally impossible for a european car to be on the road if it's not roadworthy. The same doesn't apply to a majority of american states.
>>
>>13874920
How can it make it onto a road if it can't drive?
>>
>>13873381
I really love how these things look, but have never set foot in one. Could a 6'2 guy fit in one of these comfortably?
>>
>>13877609
I've read yes, but you'll want to avoid the sunroof and cabriolet models.
>>
>>13878416
Shit. That's like half the appeal lel.
>>
I have a 595 turismo and it's the most fun car I've ever driven.

Overall relatively cheap to run and mantain (the price is a bit high I know) but it's a little go kart with a powerful and amazing sound.

I have it equipped with the record monza exhaust and recaro leather seats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkU9ssm3dMc
>>
>>13877609
I'm 6'1 and I fit into mine just fine.
>>
>>13877609
>>13880600
Can confirm. 6'1" and daily a '13 Abarth. Don't listen to the heeby jeeby bullshit. Mine runs flawlessly and is an absolute blast to throw around. The power to weight ratio makes it a riot to drive, and the aftermarket for it is constantly growing. 100% satisfied with my purchase.
>>
>>13874890

You have to realize that american consider cars as appliances you can beat up until they no longer work. Christ i heard someone say they'd just get another car if theirs broke down
>>
>>13882789
> just get another car if theirs broke down
That's my attitude towards $500 winter beaters.
>>
File: image.jpg (171KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171KB, 720x960px
Had a 12' that finally at 35k miles the waste gate started to go bad. I took it to fiat Portland, they needed to keep it to check it out, had no rental cars, took a taxi, got on a train, rode 2 hours home, demanded to be reimbursed, never did fix my car, traded it for a 15 brz the next day.

I was the biggest white knight for these things on here, but FCA customer service blows, and everyone I knew in my circle had at least one issue before 40k miles.

Pic related my old abarth.
>>
think you might have a better time with a cpo fiesta st.
>inb4 ford shill pls go
>>
I rarely see abarths in San Francisco but I've thought about getting one since it would be so easy to find parking. It's sort of the odd child out in terms of small cars here, everyone has a mazda3, mini, or gti/golf
>>
Former abarth owner here. Can confirm wastegate crap out at 40,000km on a 2013 abarth. Not to mention turbo bearing cooked itself. Local fca shops treated me like shit. Dumped the POS for a base model wrx and never looked back.
>>
>>13880581
Installed the Monza on a friends 500, really sounds amazing, but you can't hear shit of it on the inside
>>
>>13873549
It seems to be that they have a lot of lemons.

They don't have design defects that leave to unreliability. They have shitty quality control so sometimes people get one that's perfectly fine, and other times they get one that has something wrong with it every 5,000 miles.
>>
>>13873496
Though it's true FCA has the worst reliability and it's correct here, stop citing JD power you stupid fucking faggot.
>>
Abarth are shit
Fiat 500 bare basic models have little to no chance of failing because of the N/A motor and manual trans

Turbos are a terrible idea for small gas powered cars
>>
>>13873544
>he thinks you won't look like a fag if you're in a Civic Si and not a 19 year old Asian STEM student.
haha okay

I wouldn't buy an Abarth, but they're way fucking cooler than a Civic Si.
>>
>>13885247
>le asian meme

ironically i see more dorky white kids and asians driving fiats than civics

only puerto ricans and older white people buy civic sis

especially puerto ricans

seriously look into a fiesta st, op. its a way better car all around. also far more practical
>>
>>13874906
kek
>>
File: 500 reasons to be upset.gif (975KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
500 reasons to be upset.gif
975KB, 450x253px
>>13885244
is this bait?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.