[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's the general consensus on these? I did some research

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

So what's the general consensus on these? I did some research out of boredom and am considering this (or an S5) when I sell my 370z in a few years. Looking for a fun, comfy car that isn't going to break down constantly for around 20k-ish

From what I put together:
>Not a numb shitbox like the equivalent 3 series and still comes in manual unlike the S class
>Reasonably comfy while still performing well
>Nice interior
>Steering is ... eh
>Handles well for its weight
>Quick [not fast] in a straight line
>Looks decent
>Reasonably reliable
>Can be had with moderate mileage for what my Z is worth
>S5 is an option if I feel the N/A V6/2.0T's power is lacking

Looking for people who have actually have experience with them rather than shitposters who are just going to generalize it with other German cars
>>
>>13851202
Those are considerably more numb than the equivalent beemer. They're comfy enough, but go elsewhere if you're looking for any sort of fun.
>>
>>13851211
I don't know, I've read multiple reviews in which it was specifically praised for not being numb like them
>>
You looking to buy brand new or used?

If new get a v6 jaguar XE, if used get an f-type v8
>>
File: IMG_2289.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2289.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>13851202
I have the 2.0t. Lets just say after a 1 month I owned it, I was already looking to replace it with an s5.
Just doesnt have enough power, get at least the 3.2 v6 fsi.
Also there's a big problem with oil consumption, like 1 liter a 1000 km's.
>>
>>13851253
Test drive it is, then.
>>
>>13851202

>VAG
>reliable
>more fun than a BMW
>not a shitbox

Wew.
>>
>>13851456
> luxury isn't a requirement

Then why are you looking at a German exec?
>>
>>13851277
Used. Pretty sure older F-types don't come in manual (requirement), Jags in general are hard to find around here and luxury isn't a requirement for what I'm going to eventually replace my Z with. Something tells me depreciation and general cost of ownership would be a nightmare, too.

>>13851328
Probably, I just don't like wasting the salesman's time by test driving a car I have no interest in buying in the near future.

>>13851303
Would go for the V6 in all likeliness if it was the A5 anyway; not a fan of tarbos.

>>13851432
>Looking for people who have actually have experience with them rather than shitposters who are just going to generalize it with other German cars
Be retarded somewhere else please

>>13851466
damn nigga thought I could be subtle about deleting that to fix shit. I'm going for a mix of performance, comfiness and fun for a newer-ish car. It's a bit hard to explain, really but I can assure you it isn't badgewhoring (why would I go for Audi of the big 3 if it was)
>>
My friend had one of those OP, my Toyota Tacoma feels like its riding on rails compared to it.
I only drove his car for about an hour (he was drunk and i was DD), but the handling felt numbish and the acceleration was as "fast" as i thought it was going to be.
Also have fun with those repair costs, my friend never specified what went wrong with it but he eventually got rid of it.

Thats my experience/opinion though, so take it as you will.
>>
>>13851479
Yes I did hear the steering was numb; trying to gauge whether the rest of the car is though; transmission, handling (read: not steering), pedal response etc. Also when I did some research I didn't seem to find any glaring reliability issues
>>
File: 1394726192223.jpg (271KB, 925x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1394726192223.jpg
271KB, 925x1032px
>>13851202
>german car
>isn't going to break down constantly
good luck
>>
File: 1423525241554.gif (466KB, 352x259px) Image search: [Google]
1423525241554.gif
466KB, 352x259px
>>13851499
>Looking for people who have actually have experience with them rather than shitposters who are just going to generalize it with other German cars
>>
>>13851202
The only people that buy Audi that aren't RS variant are retarded. Even then, the ride is more numb, literally the biggest complaint for Audis in general outside of the new Merc electric AMGs. Also, any Audi used will have a lot of issues, especially if it's the fuel injector, a system that Audi actually build their car around. My indie mechanic "jokes" that Audis are what keeps his business afloat. This is a guy that specializes in luxury foreign imports (Porsche, BMW, MB, Audi). I don't know who's been schilling you about Audi reliability.
>>
>>13851479
Have you driven any other cars? Trucks "feel" stiff especially when they are unloaded but that does not translate to an ability to pull lateral gs. I bet yer freinds car would pull way more gs in a corner while also feeling "softer" read:more comfortable. This is due to being sprung properly for its weight as they dont anticipate you're gonna put 500+ pounds in the bed.

OP by the time you trade you're wants/desires will change. Also possible your income could jump and you'll be looking at a whole diff set of cars. Unless you're doing this before the new year anything you gleam from this thread will likely be irrelevant.

That said A5 is a solid choice in my opinion. No matter what yer going to be going less sporty than a 370z so pick the interior you like its far more important if yer willing to ditch the 370 for a "sporty" sedan.
>>
File: bmw-x5-07.jpg (3MB, 2494x1508px) Image search: [Google]
bmw-x5-07.jpg
3MB, 2494x1508px
>>13851504
I have a fucking seventh German piece of fucking crap right now and I fucking swear this is the last kraut car I bought. And it's not only reliability and shitty built quality that bothers me. The resell value is ultra shit. It was cheaper to take uber for me than actually buy this shit I can't even sell now
>>
>>13851517
I didn't say they were reliable but not as horrendously reliable as people think. Also

>>13851522
It's a "sporty" coupe :^)

>>13851527
1. I'm buying used so I don't eat 40k of depreciation in 3 years
2. The point of that was because I want experiences with the specific model of car, not those of people who bought an X5
>>
>>13851527
>buys gay a shit crossover
>complains all German cars are crap based on on sample.
>is a faggots

Get out. Anyone else with a crossover feel free to never come back as well.
>>
File: 2016-BMW-M2-view-[1].jpg (122KB, 1200x733px) Image search: [Google]
2016-BMW-M2-view-[1].jpg
122KB, 1200x733px
>>13851477
The M2 will be out by the time you're planning on swapping cars, by the sound. I reckon that would be pretty much what you're after.
>>
>>13851536
>Also
durr. I meant that's still just anecdotal evidence

>>13851538
As I said, buying used and I heard from virtually everybody that post-E46 BMWs are numb as all hell
>>
>>13851536
>I'm buying used so I don't eat 40k of depreciation in 3 years
And so did I. Bought it for 16k few month ago, and now no one wants to give me more than 10k for it
>not those of people who bought an X5
I gave you example of my last car. What latter in the word seventh you didn't understand? All German cars are unreliable shit when out of warranty

>>13851537
I wanted to try what is like to have an SUV, so calm your tits nigger. I had coupes, hatchbacks, sedans and wagons as well
>>
>>13851545
235i then, perhaps? Most of them, maybe; the 1 and 2 are the best of the lot for feels, though, honest.
>>
>>13851536
>depreciation.

Either you buy 10+ years old or deal with depreciation. Buy a car cause it's what you want and suits your needs. It's not an investment. If you flipp cars every 1-3 years to avoid big losses you're just amortizating the losses on several cars to keep it from looking like a large loss after 10 years like it actually is.

Alternatively you could buy one of the few cars that appreciate and keep the miles low somehow. Personally my next project will either be a 57 belair or 69ish camoro built pro touring style. Way cooler inna crowd than any new car and chance of the body at least keeping value even if my installed drivetrain makes collectors cringe.
>>
>>13851556
>My experience with BMW is representative of audi

>>13851563
Again still not eating that much of a hit on a new car

>>13851565
There's dealing with depreciation [which is about on par with my Z according to sources] then there's eating 17k in the first year which I'm not doing just to own a new car. I'm not flipping to avoid depreciation, I just like to own different cars.
>>
>>13851545
http://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2015/audi-recalls-fuel-injectors-leak.shtml

Quick google search. It's not just about reliability but the time it takes to service Audis. There's a reason maintenance cost exceed that for BMWs/MB by 33% on average. I doubt you'll be doing a lot of the service pieces by yourself.

You are looking a few years down the road anyways. If you move from a 370z to an A4 you will regret it in no time. I'm trying to save you the trouble of wanting to switch to a new vehicle within a months time. That being said, test drive. Stop relying on what people say, especially people on /o/. Steering, throttle response, handling, etc, are things you need to test for yourself. E92 M3 are fucking beastly with a great sounding V8 and the E90/2 n55 335is are amazing just the same. If you like Audis, there's no reason you wouldn't like the F30 gen either.
>>
>>13851522
>hurrr i dont like a random anons opinion and have to defend a car tooth and nail
Ive driven many MANY different trucks, between Semis (Volvo/International) to F150-F750s, 1500-3500s, etc etc etc.
My Tacoma is my personal truck, and comparing "lateral Gs" between a truck that has bodyroll and a luxo-car is asinine.
Im telling you how "normal" driving felt.
Im not discouraging or encouraging OP, he can get one if he wants since hes an adult.
Kill yourself
>>
>>13851556
Crossover/=suv.

I have a suburban and my freind has a tahoe. Fucking excellent when needed for camping/road trips. Otherwise i drive something else. My aunt has a shit crossover... Not comparable at all juat a lifted awd car that geta the same mpg as my Suburban while having none of the space/comfort/storage advantages. I suggest you try a real suv before you judge them based on a crossover. That's literally equivalent to judging all aports cars based on an A5.

Protip:Suburban peaked in 03 and dont hold value for shit. I oayed 4500 cash for mine and it's a road trip beast. We always take it bar hopping due to passenger space. And its boss woods rig. Best secondary vehicle purchase ever.
>>
>>13851585
>If you move from a 370z to an A4 you will regret it in no time
Any specific reason? Also I can't stand the interiors are newer BMWs but I do agree with you that I need to drive one myself.
>>
>>13851603
The downgrade in power mainly, it makes a huge difference even as a DD.

If you don't like BMW interiors, there's still Mercedes.
>>
>>13851642
>The downgrade in power mainly, it makes a huge difference even as a DD.
6.5 to 60 isn't horrible but as I said I'm leaning a bit towards the S5 now.

And MB has no manuals or really anything I'm interested in
>>
>>13851202
I have on but 4 door A5. Its pretty gud but steering is shitty. Everything else is gud.
>>
>>13851538
I read in an article that the 2series is the most reliable BMW in their current line up. This true?
>>
File: 1371356283525.jpg (45KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1371356283525.jpg
45KB, 300x300px
>>13851585
>E92 M3
Enjoy your shit connecting rods.
>>
>>13851642
There's a guy on /o/ who sometimes posts in Audi threads that has a black A4 quattro turbo sleeper that he's modded with bolt on's to run low 12's in the quarters and might be faster now if I remember correctly.
Check the archives for his time slips OP.
There are tons of after-market parts to make turbo Audi's as fast as they need to be within reason if you are even the slightest bit mechanically inclined.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.