[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dash cams?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 513oANs50fL.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
513oANs50fL.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
Hi /o/, first time poster here and I need some help.
I have a friend who is a lorry/truck/heavy vehicle driver and I want to buy a dashcam for him because he:
-never had one before
-always wanted to have one
-would be good for his "safety"

I looked around on amazon and have no idea at all which one would be good for him. Why would you need wi-fi or other stuff like that in a dashcam? How long do these things record on a 16-32-64gb sd card if the cam is (supposedly) 1080p?
Any specific recommendations or any brands to avoid?

Thanks in advance.
>>
Bought a Vantrue R1 for just under $100 recently. It's very nice.

Look at its review. I would not recommend a cheaper camera.

Need to buy a memory cards on the side, and you can get a 32gb for $12
>>
>>13850832

DOD LS460W
Wins tests all over, brilliant quality
They record ten hours total, and automatically deletes the oldest recording and keeps filming so you always have fresh film
>>
>>13850850

10 hours?
Isn't that a bit too short? I thought these things are capable of recording 24 hours minimum.
>>
>>13850884

Raw 1080p takes a lot of space
And are you saying that there will be situations where ten hours of footage won't be enough proof?
>>
>>13850909

I believe the resolution can be decreased for more footage?
And I was just thinking that if there is an accident and the cam keeps rolling then it might overwrite the footage which holds valuable information if it's not seen to within the alloted time.
>>
>>13850992
>oops a crash
>better not take the sd card out of my camera for 10 hours
>better leave my car running for 10 hours
>>
>>13850992
Bro most cams have this feature where it will store files that it bases to be accidental in nature depending on the settings in the camera (ie. Motion detection in front of the camera, shaking of the camera itself, etc.). And 10 hours is a lot, otherwise if you were to get a camera that required a SDHC, you'd be looking at 4 hours. Where would you be driving that required you to be on the road for more than 10 hours as a noncommerial driver?
>>
>>13850992

Ofcourse you can decrease the resolution, but for these things you want it to be as clear possible

It will delete the oldest footage, and with footage usually segmented in ten/fifteen minute bits that means that the oldest footage, ten hours ago that is, will be deleted

Lets say there is a crash - the camera will then have to be rolling for something like nine hours and 45 minutes before that footage is overwritten

And the camera only has power by itself for four hours anyways, so...
>>
fuck it is nearly winter time in this shiatty city o mine.
i should get one just to collect the accidents
>>
Most cameras will loop. So if nothing happens it will just wrote over the files and keep recording. Or you could buy a bunch of memory sticks
>>
>>13851007
Retard. All good dash cams have a button that marks the current time, and places the recording in a separate folder that does not get overwritten.

Also, all dashcams record in 1, 3, or 5 minute intervals so its easy to sort, and find things.
>>
>>13851033
or, again, just take the fucking card out when you get home and copy it. no need for a retard button now is there?
>>
>>13851045
Yes there is a need, like when you're on a 4 hour road trip and your card only holds 6 hours, and it already has a bunch of write protected footage because you set the motion sensor too high and the wind sets it off and you have 3 hours of your car parked footage.

Yes.
>>
OP here again.

I can see the logic behind it now... Seems all right.
Thanks for the information guys.
>>
>>13851067
>not properly configuring the sensitivity so a fart doesnt set it off
>not setting it to shut on and off with power so it never records while off, unless the gyro gets tripped
absolutely plebeian
>>
>>13851113
It's designed go record on battery when it detects motion.
Motion sensitivty of medium sets it off with a light breaze.

Trial and error
>>
File: MiVue-638-2-Item-Display-Image.jpg (127KB, 355x240px) Image search: [Google]
MiVue-638-2-Item-Display-Image.jpg
127KB, 355x240px
Mivue magellan 638 is good.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.