[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Porsche Cayman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: PORSCHE_CAYMAN_S_01pop.jpg (213KB, 940x504px) Image search: [Google]
PORSCHE_CAYMAN_S_01pop.jpg
213KB, 940x504px
Just recently got it into my head I want a Porsche Cayman. New. I know new is a cardinal sin but it is a gift to myself.

Now, can you tell me why I'm being dumb? I'm digging the mid engine rear wheel drive. The warranty on it is for 6 years. Which is why I'm buying new.

Also previous car was lancer evo. I did it up with the rice. I don't know what to do with a Cayman. Ideas?
>>
>>13850685
Drive it?
>>
>>13850685
>I know new is a cardinal sin
not when it comes to cars above 60k
>>
File: 1441493720575.jpg (64KB, 563x520px) Image search: [Google]
1441493720575.jpg
64KB, 563x520px
>>13850685
>gift to myself
>>
>>13850697
>you can't do nice things for yourself or you'll be a hat tipper
>>
Why get a base model like a kek?

Get an S or come back with more money
>>
>>13850702
it's not about buying yourself something, it's the phrase "gift to myself" or "treating myself". It makes you look like an obnoxious pampered faggot
>>
Your Evo outperforms it
>>
>>13850715
Yeah, instead he should be a huge obnoxious pedant.
>>
>>13850717
will still drive like an evo though
>>
>>13850723
It drives nothing like an Evo.
>>
>>13850725
In know, because it's slower.
>>
>>13850725
I meant that the evo will drive like an evo i.e. a 4 door sedan
>muh hoarsepower / penny
>>
>>13850731
And it's rwd, n/a, mid engined, a low 2 door sports car etc. They are nothing a like.
>>
Op.

I know it's slower than my evo. But I'm starting to get turbo problems so fuck that. I don't have money for an s right now and there's a real good deal on a dealer demo model. Hence the really long warranty as well. I don't need fast. I need enjoyable driving to and from work and occasional weekend back roads.

The colour is the same grey as pictured. But I own a wrapping business so that's not a huge deal. I'm trying to figure out the possibilities of the car but all porsche after market is geared towards 911s. Bs.

And sorry about the phrasing.
>>
>>13850748
A sedan that outperforms a Porche

>>13850750
What's the point of it if it's slower? Everyone knows the Porche you're looking at is slow.
>>
>>13850769
Get a Cadillac grandpa
>>
>>13850772
Holy fuck this benchracing
>>
Again fast inst a necessity. Think more show car than race car. The engine isn't even visible so no engine work needed. Typical aesthetic shit is all that'll be done. Wheels and spacers, wide body, a wrap, and spoiler?

And caddys can be fast as fuck. My grandfather actually has a caddy. Cts v beast mode driven by an octogenarian lmao.
>>
>>13850769
get the Porsche. Who cares if the Evo is faster, the Porsche will drive like a true 2 door sports car.
>>
>>13850817
Driven the shit out of it. It does.

Any suggestions for work on it though? I just can't ever leave things stock.
>>
>>13850824
You can probably swap over some parts from the 911 GT3 to it.
>>
>>13850685
>gift to myself
In my experience everyone that says that can't reasonably afford whatever they're buying. Usually they're financing out the ass when it's a car they're "giving" the themself.
>>
>>13850966

Or you know it was just a phrase signifying a significant increase in quality of car and spending habits from frugal to relatively expensive.
>>
I caved. Paperwork done.

Cars mine Saturday.
>>
File: 1446760001822.jpg (66KB, 498x576px) Image search: [Google]
1446760001822.jpg
66KB, 498x576px
>>13851411
>not buying an elise
>>
>>13851420
NOt OP, but I was considering buying an elise and a cayman s a few months ago and I went with the Cayman. The problemw ith Elise are that every elise out there has had an accident. The are light weight and nimble but they have really bad snap oversteer and little to no forgiveness. Besides the Cayman is much faster on everything but paper... mainly because the damn thing is so stable.
>>
>>13850685
The cayman hasn't depreciated too fast so buying new is ok anon Dw have fun
>>
>>13850715
Not to people that aren't sperglords; go outside and play.
>>
I would've went with a 16 vette but I understand youre position
>>
>>13850685

What kind of honest two seater hides its soul?
Tools! I need tools! Mechanical and philosophical instruments.
>>
>>13850685
Honestly for the money you can't do much better than a Cayman.

What should you do to it? Put some fucking tires on it and take it to the track. Put a cage in it and do some club racing.

If you buy this thing and do not track it in some form regularly, you are a colossal tool, and you should have spent your money on a different car.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.