[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questions that don't deserve their own thread thread Ask

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 12

File: get money fuck bitches.jpg (36KB, 604x281px) Image search: [Google]
get money fuck bitches.jpg
36KB, 604x281px
Questions that don't deserve their own thread thread

Ask your dumb questions here. Last one
>>13824304
>>
>>13848381
Fiero with a body kit.
>>
>>13848381
Looks like a Saturn to me. SC2, probably. Kinda hard to tell with the tree in the way.
>>
>>13848414
How fucked up will I be if I buy the 2010 S550 AMG which my friend's dad is offering me?
>>
>>13848459
Why would you even want one?
>>
>>13848459
only in insurance and fuel
>>
>>13848467
I think I want it because I love the black color on it and it looks badass. Also he's offering me at 28K
>>
File: 1446897525180.jpg (28KB, 317x233px) Image search: [Google]
1446897525180.jpg
28KB, 317x233px
Going off of my problem from the last thread.

How much would a PS pump cost to get replaced if I'm not doing it myself? How long should I expect the car to be out?
>>
tried to make a thread a day or so ago but no replies so here goes
every so often i will hear a loud thud from somewhere around the front passenger side wheel well area. Turning doesn't affect anything. I could literally be sitting idling/car off and will hear the same thud, happens when in motion sometimes too.
>>
>>13849205
Google repair pal PS pump, enter your make and model, bam.

>>13849227
>put friend in drivers seat
>let car idle
>open bonnet
>start looking round
>????
>profit
>>
>>13849170
>$28,000 for a five year old used car
You're an idiot.
>>
>>13849205
>How much would a PS pump cost to get replaced if I'm not doing it myself?
Too much.

>How long should I expect the car to be out?
You'll get it back some time after they get to the island.
>>
Is it risky to buy a used turbo'd car even if it was tuned by a pro shop? Car around 125k miles
>>
File: IMG_6673.png (990KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6673.png
990KB, 1920x1280px
is it possible to get unequal headers made for any car you wanted? how expensive would that kind of thing be, in a really rough estimate?

also 2.7 V6. should i get a new exhaust and be an obnoxious shit because nobody ever fucks around with a Sebring, or leave it stock?
>>
>>13849485
check oil for metal
check water for oil
check exhaust header and down pipe for cracks
find maf/map and kill it with fire
>>
>>13849476
But it's a Mercedes and has an AMG badge...
>>
Any sites similar to car-part.com but on Europe?
>>
Do i have to pull the distributor out to move the rotor button?
>>
What website can I use to buy a car in Poland?
>>
>>13850114
łotomoto chyba najlepiej
>>
I'm a britbong who recently became a Carpenter's apprentice. Currently I drive a shitty Vauxhall but eventually I'll need to lug tools around from job to job. I don't know what it's like in the USA, but over here tradespeople drive white vans.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for buying a good van, new or used? I trust the opinion of /o/ far more that automotive magazines
>>
>>13850117
T-thanks.
You were talking about otomoto, right?
>>
>>13850124
>Van
>Not driving a ute
>>
>>13850125
Ye. Albo mobile.de
Niemcy mają lepsze samochody
>>
>>13850129
I'm not Polish, it's just that there are no good cars for sale in Lithuania. I know about mobile.de, I'm also looking there.
>>
>>13850124
Get a wagon
>>
How do I get a mustang as a yuropoor?
>>
>>13850279
Live in a country that has zero road tax for classic cars (older then 25 years), buy a Foxbody with a 2.3,throw away that boat anchor, install a built 302, T5, and 8,8'' rear end with an LSD, and a propane installation. Cheap to buy, cheap to maintain, cheap run, cheap for taxes and insurance.
>>
>>13849974
And you could buy a brand new ND Miata or FRS/BRZ off the showroom floor for the same price. Nevermind all the other cars out there.
>>
File: 1436642591372.jpg (55KB, 837x960px) Image search: [Google]
1436642591372.jpg
55KB, 837x960px
>>13850293
>>
>>13850279
swap for twingos
>>
File: 1439926410556.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1439926410556.gif
3MB, 640x360px
>>13850293
>and a propane installation
>>
>>13850106
no take off the cap.
>>
Does using your tires to their full potential actually extend their feasible lifetime? Not like pulling hektik skids all day every day, but digging into corners sometimes and doing some spirited driving. I feel like flexing the tire materials to a greater degree more often keeps those materials pliable and fresh. Am I wrong in assuming this?
>>
>>13850666
Well on a motorcycle, when cornering you literally use a different part of the tire so it's feasible there. As for cars, tread wear is still the limiting factor unless your car sits around a lot in which case you should change your tires anyway after 3-4 years because of material deterioration caused not necessarily while driving, but while sitting around
>>
>>13850132
Also try autoscout24.de
>>
Can I daily a Z32 in the snows of North Ohio?
>>
Why are Jeep fags so goddamn retarded? They are the cancer of the world
>>
>>13850114
ooyyo.com works with almost any country

not very well mind, but it's better than nothing
>>
File: n2-202-9882.jpg (61KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
n2-202-9882.jpg
61KB, 600x398px
I will be in the market for a new vehicle next year. I want something that I can sleep in the back of and go off roading. Nothing too major as I'm not skilled, like weekend warrior stuff. (But not the silly stuff you see in car commercials.) I have 96 options within 500k that are manual SUV's under 10k.

I've been looking at this Hyundai - it'd be decent on gas for getting back and forth from work and seems like it would be good for BC logging roads:
http://wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/Hyundai/Santa+Fe/Surrey/British+Columbia/5_23935109_20120516161729067/
http://wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/Hyundai/Santa+Fe/Surrey/British+Columbia/5_25638027_20130925084554643/

Here's a Tucson:
http://wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/Hyundai/Tucson/Burnaby/British+Columbia/5_25623141_BS200446162329/

XTerra - I like the idea that I can switch to 4x4. However, I saw a bunch of them on the way to work. I like to be a bit different:
http://wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/Nissan/Xterra/Vancouver/British+Columbia/5_24626099_20120514093136581/
http://wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/Nissan/Xterra/PRINCE+GEORGE/British+Columbia/19_8980784_/

Any advice on the above? Will a FWD vehicle be okay for gravel roads and going over washouts? The toughest I'd want to do is pic related. Mostly just steeper gravel roads that you'd need ground clearance. Thanks in advance.
>>
thinking of buying a 2001 Chevrolet cavalier for 4k as my first car. How stupid am I?
>>
File: $_35.jpg (13KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
13KB, 300x225px
>>13851463
forgot shitty pic
>>
>>13848459
>S550
>AMG

I have some bad news for you, anon.
>>
>>13851463
Depends on the mileage and conditions, but for 4K you can probably get yourself a crappy civic/accord/corolla that would be more reliable
>>
Worth Getting 2006 Audi A4 Quattro $6950? 125k Miles?

Here are the details they posted

Price is firm! I am selling my 2006 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0 turbo with 6 speed manual transmission. Great on Gas! Smoged, Registered till 2016. New Axle, New coils, New Fuel Filter, Recent Mobil1 Synthetic Oil Change, No Issues. Car does not need anything. Smog and title in hand. It has only 125,xxx miles.

Options are -navigation System, Heated front and rear seats, Moonroof, Leather Interior, 6 Speed Manual Transmission, AC, Fog lights, ABS, Power Seats, Power Everything, Traction Control, Cruise Control, Telescopic Wheel, CD Changer......
>>
>>13848414
I'm looking at an SRT Neon. I want to know what you guys think of it. The interior is shit, yes, but I already own a 2001 Neon so it won't bother me. I've heard from owners that they're fast, they're easy to live with, and they're bulletproof. Engine can be built to 400whp with stock internals. I'm getting a boner.
>>
My trucks gas tank has a hole in it causing me to fail emissions. Should i just patch it or look for a new tank at a junkyard?
>>
Can you run a nos system along with a turbo? I was doing some reading about how they both work and it seems like they would work fine with each other, but I never hear people talking about using them together.
>>
>>13851801
>turbo
>jamming more air into the combustion chamber

>nitrous
>injecting more explosive air into the combustion chamber
I'm pretty sure nitrous is the option to go for if you're into lagless peak performance
>>
>>13851745
good car ruined by their owners, years of abuse, and memeloving faggots (who gives a fuck if it doesnt have wind-up rear windows it was the fastest car you could buy for $22,000 only the evo/stis legitimately performed better)
>>
>>13851391
Xterra would be your best bet IMO of the options you've presented. I was on a run last year with a santa fe and it wasn't very impressive. Dragged on everything, bumpers caught on ruts... Buddy that wheels an Xterra has it up on 33s with a 2" lift and skids. Thing is pretty beastly going through the trails. If its just gravel roads, fwd will be fine. But if you start putting washouts, ruts and any kind of obstacle in the way you're gunna want 4WD
>>
Why could my '99 Miata be doing this?
>>>/wsg/826828
>>
Roughly how many labor hours should it take to replace a valve cover gasket and timing chain cover gasket?
>>
http://www.peppardautoplex.net/1986_Nissan_300ZX_Nacogdoches_TX_259669371.veh
http://www.peppardautoplex.net/1996_Ford_Mustang%20SVT%20Cobra_Nacogdoches_TX_259813855.veh

Is it worth the 2k extra if I have more experience working on a Mustang?
>>
>>13853050
The Z31 is ridiculously overpriced, especially for an NA Z31.
>>
What do you guys think is wrong with this?
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5309298253.html
Aside from some problems with the paint, it doesn't look like that bad of a car. I'm fine with refurbishing a land barge (seat covers are not that difficult to replace, and I could use plastidip to cover over fucked up paint), but I'm more worried about possible drive train issues at this price.
>>
>>13852767
>ruts
That was the other word I was looking for.

I did some research and the Santa Fe came up better than the Xterra. I had my suspicions because I didn't see the road tested. Most "off roads" I see in commercials and fancy ads I could take my Rio5 with low profile rims on.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/nissan-xterra-xe-v-6-page-6 (the two winter pictures here are roads I would feel comfortable taking my Rio5 on.)

I personally would love to get another late 80's 4Runner but I want cup holders and better gas mileage. I miss that truck.

On AutoTrader, there are lots of Jeeps and a few Honda CRV's. Jeep sounds good, but none looked like they'd be comfortable sleeping in the back of. I also like that it looks like I can get a spare wheel mount for the back of an Xterra. I think having the spare under the car is ridiculous - what happens if you get a flat bottom out off road?
>>
>>13852802
I would start with the oil pressure sender.
>>
Anyone care to help me out in a decision about a pickup truck? I'm having a hard time deciding what I want.

Need:
No breakdowns for at least 30k miles with a small trailer filled with a light (~3000lb) load
Under $10000

Want:
Easy bed access
4x4
Pleasant looking

Kind of want:
Manageable city navigation and parking
Ability to safely pull a big trailer with heavy shit (~15000 lbs)

I've been looking at the far ends of the spectrum, a late 90s Chevy K3500 or a 00s 4x4 Ford Ranger or Mazda reskin. I like the chebby because the engine and transmission are supposed to be solid and the truck is rated well above what I will throw at it typically, probably increasing its lifespan. Can also take a gooseneck if I want it to be a hauler for big jobs. Kind of shit to drive around in the city though because it's fuckhuge and gets like 10 mpg. I like the ranger since they're supposed to be solid all around if they aren't abused, and they're small and efficient for city driving. Cheaper up front too. But I don't like the look and the bed and cab are potentially too small to be very comfortable/productive. Also eliminates any change of pulling really big stuff.

Thoughts or other recommendations? Looking to purchase something before the new year.
>>
>>13854120
there is no way in hell you're gonna be able to pull 15k with a damn Ranger.

as much of a GM fanboy as I am, get a late 90s/early 00s Dodge Ram 3500 with a diesel.
>>
>>13854120
>considering a ranger for pulling 15000 pounds

do some fuckin research kiddo
>>
>>13854167
>>13854186
Yeah if I got the ranger I'd buy a big flatbed for business stuff. It'd probably be a good investment anyway.

But I said that the ranger eliminates any chance of pulling big stuff, there at the end of my last post. Guess I wasn't clear that I'm not dumb enough to put 4 cords of wood on a minitruck.
>>
File: ale-7045584_ml.jpg (11KB, 250x240px) Image search: [Google]
ale-7045584_ml.jpg
11KB, 250x240px
Are these steelies too good to be true? You guys think it will be smart to go with these on a daily driver? They seem extremely cheap. I'm just hoping I don't have a problem balancing them or they break or some shit while driving. I drive a 1970 Skylark btw. Current wheels are fucked and can't be balanced (the car shakes past 70mph.)
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ale-7045588/overview/
>>
QUESTION:

Can i fasten grounds over primer/paint or do they absolutely need to be touching bare metal?

I just painted my engine bay and removed pretty much everything aside from the engine itself to do it and now i'm hooking everything back up... With all the time and work i put into this, i'm having some real hang-ups about sanding these spots down to the bare metal...
>>
>>13854628
They need to touch bare metal. All you need to do is sand a small area around the hole where you will be fastening your wires to. They must touch the bare metal.
>>
>>13854657
Shitdickcuntfuck. I figured that would be the response i'd get... I know the spots would be hidden for the most part but i can't help but feel like i'm shitting all over my own work by doing that.
>>
>>13854725
Best thing to do is to get rid of the paint in that area, insert your screw/bolt or whatever the fuck is holding em, and then spray over that. That way, no bare metal will get rusted/show and your wires will still be grounded.
>>
>>13854628
I usually run a tap through the threads so I get metal to metal contact without having to attack the paint on my engine bay.. Never had an issue with that.
>>
>>13854772
Holy shit this is so smart. All the sanding I've done?! Thanks for this. Definitely going in the book.
>>
How big is the difference between macpherson struts vs double wishbone performance-wise?
>>
I have an 2001 ES300 stock, is there really anything I can do to it? I can't think of anything that won't look lame.
>>
>>13854810
If you don't pretty much automatically see what you could do with the car, I would leave it alone.
>>
>>13853115
If I were to have the opportunity to haggle the prices down, what should I get them down to? Feeling like the Cobra is over priced.
>>
File: 7.jpg (62KB, 874x480px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
62KB, 874x480px
>>13854804
with modern tires it might not matter much
>>
>>13854829
Just check KBB, Craigslist, and other car websites to see the average prices for the car in your area.

Around the Houston area z31s tend to be around $2500, both turbo and NA.
>>
>>13854804
macpherson is goat for rally

so if your car has macpherson, make it a rally car
>>
>>13854788
Glad I could be helpful.
It was just something I noticed Nissan did to all their grounding points.
>>
>>13854804
Not really significant, vehicles that have either types are designed to have what they have. BMW and Porsche have had great success since pretty much forever with struts. Multi-link/double wishbone generally has more advantages with controlling geometry during articulation and in most applications is more stiff/strong. Tires don't have anything to do with it really.
>>
im 6'5 and don't fit in a miata but i like how the ND handles what do
>>
>>13854938
See if you fit in the FRS/BRZ.
>>
File: Dynamic_Roll_Centers_PFF.jpg (208KB, 1000x556px) Image search: [Google]
Dynamic_Roll_Centers_PFF.jpg
208KB, 1000x556px
>>13854804
try not to have your roll centre higher than cog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs7zm3qAj94
>>
>>13854948
does it handle similarly? i like the light feeling coming from an sti
>>
I just bought my first car and have some spare cash. It's a piece of shit. pic related but silver.

What are the some extras I should buy for it? Any recommendations? I ordered floor mats and a new radio that has an aux connection so I can blast meme music. Also some air refresheners.

What should I buy for maintenance? I guess this is a fairly simple question for me to find out for myself with a quick google search.

This is more subjective, but what would you buy or what have you bought or done to your car in terms of its appearance? Based on the car in pic related, what would you say is acceptable for it. This is a sensitive scale I know. I want to waste some money to make my car look as nice as possible, but at all costs I want to avoid anything which may approach doucebag ricer territory. Of course the built in spoiler has already put me there.
>>
>>13854978
detail it and make it immaculate inside and out - the only way to make your car nicer without people thinking you're a retard
>>
>>13854976
If I recall correctly their handling is almost identical.
>>
A friend of mine in another city needs new brake pads.

What's generally going to be the better/cheaper option, going to a local mechanic or just going to one of those awful discount chain shops?
>>
>>13848459
Pretty much fucked up. Also >>13849170 $28K seriously? That must have been fucked either too.
>>
>>13848414
Atleast put the shortened form, QTDDTOT next time asshole.
>>
>>13854772
I also thought about doing that but i wasn't sure if that'd be enough contact. I'll try it though.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.