[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Want to buy a 2010 MDX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

300 hp, 6spd paddle shift, best safety and road holding next to an X5 M series. Sexy, yes. Love my TL, but I need to haul a quad and camp, outdoor stuff you know.

Give me one good reason or a different set of wheels, and no a Lexus RX doesn't count.
>>
>>13841503
It doesn't actually have paddle shifters though
>>
File: pepe bored.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
pepe bored.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
I can't tell if these are actual normies shitposting, or just trolls posing as normies shitposting.
>>
>>13841503
>>
>>13841509

Yes, the sh 3.7 does. Either that or I'm crazy.

Why is this a shit post? Real car guy here discuss his daily. Is that so bad?
>>
>>13841517

I sold my tsx for a TL type S. Miss my tsx every day. Like I said, I need to haul some dirty bikes and run off road.
>>
File: jimmy_yesdear.jpg (33KB, 230x364px) Image search: [Google]
jimmy_yesdear.jpg
33KB, 230x364px
>>13841552

>Acura MDX
>real car guy here
>>
>>13841582

Sorry I like Hondas. Give me an old teg and I'll have the motor swapped in an afternoon. Ass.
>>
File: AcuraTSXSportsWagon-2.jpg (105KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
AcuraTSXSportsWagon-2.jpg
105KB, 960x640px
>>13841561
>>
>>13841603

I need all wheel drive, and the first gen is way better. Rack and pinion, plus it had double wishbone. New tsx have whishy washy handling. Sadly, the last great saloon is the TL type S.
>>
>>13841509
But it does
>Father has a 2015 MDX with SH AWD and tech package and if you put in S, it will upshift when you want to.
It's not a DTC, it's mostly for gimmicks since 99% of people that buy a MDX will never use the paddles, and on top of that it seems to eat more gas when you want to fuck around with them, went from averaging 17 mpg when dad rode, to 9 when I tried out the paddles and little fun cruising. Granted we went from NYC to Maine, 30 mpg, was doing 75-85 no problem. Few quirks with the MDX, but if you can get by them, the car is pretty nice.
>>
>>13841717

My TL type S has the paddle shifters, first auto I have ever owned. They are essential for high speed freeway driving. Downshift rev match, and solid upshifts. Once I figured out how to use it I fell in love.

There is a reason they moved from a 5 spd to 6 spd paddle in 2010. People like them.

So what are the quirks?
>>
File: IMG_20140712_120801.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140712_120801.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>13842051
Basically the fit and finish, granted it can be overlooked, but when you are paying 50K for a car, your mind is telling you that the car should have some quality control. Granted in a way I am almost comparing it to a 100% perfect RR or something that went through strenuous qc. When the car is on, and you want to turn it off but want the radio to be on, once you press the engine button, everything shuts down, so you have to press it twice without touching the brake pedal to get the radio on again. There is some sort of rattling noise coming from the engine bay, the dealers say it's "suppose to be like that" but if you google around, bunch of people are complaining about it. The sun visor doesn't extend etc. I guess what I am saying is that once you get used to comfort creatures of other cars, once they are gone you start to notice how useful they really are. MDX is a fantastic car for the money, you are hard pressed to find a new luxury 7 seater SUV under $50k. I fit 7 full grown college kids going to the beach doing buck 10 and everyone was relatively comfy.

Try it out, test drive it. AWD is dank when snow falls, but I can't compare to other AWDs.

>Mfw I realised that ever single vehicle that my family had in America, was a Honda
>>
>>13842176

Thanks for the response! I am looking to buy a low mileage 2010 for a little over $20k. I'm a die hard Honda freak. All my cars and bikes are Hondas.

I just went cross country at 120 in my TL and it performed superbly. And yah, it had the same rattle, its the same motor, so I'm not surprised.

From what I am hearing, you are giving it a great recommendation, albiet too expensive for the qc. I am going to test drive one this week. At 20k, I think the quality is unmatched.
>>
>>13842497
I think I expected Acura to be on the same level as a Lexus/german trio, but its not, and the price reflects that. Like I said prior, test drive the thing and you will know if you want it or nah.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.