[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Emissions aside, what do you guys think of the VW Passat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Passat 8.jpg (143KB, 988x552px) Image search: [Google]
Passat 8.jpg
143KB, 988x552px
Emissions aside, what do you guys think of the VW Passat?
>>
>>13839717
They're a nightmare to work on. I have a decent amount of them in my junkyard. People trying to repair them have a hell of a time finding the right parts because they make about 6 of everything. Engines, Transmissions, etc. So fixing them is an expensive mess.

Other than that, if you wanted to drive a cheaper Audi A3 or A4 it's the way to go. Pretty much exactly the same parts with a badge switch.
>>
Dad has an '07 passat bought in '08 and it's already got 160k on it. Pretty good with gas and pretty reliable too.
>>
>>13839717
The new ones are "Americanized". Much bigger, a lot less sporty. Basically a better looking but more expensive to maintain Camery. the Honda Accord is a much better buy in that segment
>>
I can't stand that uni brow front end.

But I guess you could easily take off that trim part.

Otherwise quite solid.
>>
>>13839717
Nice B8.
>>
>>13839730
Or you can say that the Audi A3 and A4 are more expensive Passats.It is a question of perspective.

>>13839925
I'm European so the Passat they sell in Europe is different.
>>
File: 1390323316.jpg (21KB, 300x237px) Image search: [Google]
1390323316.jpg
21KB, 300x237px
>>13839948
>>
I like the B6, but that's about it, too bad they have shit reliability
>>
I don't like it's back at all but that's just a matter of taste
>>
Corporate fleet vehicles with a leasing friendly 3year life expectancy.

They're virtualy only leased to companies, i pitty the poor idiot who buys a used one.
>>
>>13840124
>the Passat they sell in Europe is different
>yurokeks this delusional.
>>
File: euro-passat-differences[1].jpg (89KB, 1000x674px) Image search: [Google]
euro-passat-differences[1].jpg
89KB, 1000x674px
>>13840401
but it is
>>
>>13840486
Not him but the b8 is a global model while the b7 wasnt
>>
>>13840504
Fair enough. It was a different car for a while though.
>>
>>13839717
Can't say much about the American spec model since I'm a Yuropoor, but this thread summarizes the car pretty well.
Boring looks, mostly used in corporate fleets and built on an image of reliability with spare parts from Audi...

Or summarized in German:
>"Ist dein Auto öd und fad, steht am Heck VW Passat"
which loosely translates to
>If your car is boring as fuck it's got a VW Passat badge
>>
Its a good car. My parents own one and they like it. almost got 100k on it already and its a 13
>>
>>13840647
same with my folks. 2001 model. 300k (km) on it. still runs like a champ. v6 drinks a lot though. and doesn't produce much power (about 200hp...once)
>>
>>13839717
So when are they going to start giving these cars away?
>>
>>13840624
i love how it rhymes in german
>>
>>13839717
If you're only looking for a comfortable car and 0 fun then get it. Be sure to get a manual and diesel and you'll drive the most VW ever made
>>
>>13845469
Can confirm. I learned to drive in a manual Passat TDI, everything's solid but just not very special.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.