[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /o/ think of Mk VII Celica?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

File: 2002_Toyota_Celica_01.jpg (87KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
2002_Toyota_Celica_01.jpg
87KB, 900x500px
What does /o/ think of Mk VII Celica?
>>
That silence actually says a lot, thanks
>>
Nobody here would go out of his way to own one when there are so many better options.
>>
It was what I wanted in HS, I love the lines on it. Now, I'm thinking of a BRZ, largely because I perceive it as the next iteration. I wish they had more aggressive lines like the Celica though, everything these days is so egg-shaped.
>>
>>13839234
GTS or its worthless
>>
>>13839234
1ZZ or 2ZZ?
Auto or manual?
I own a manual 2ZZ GTS, anything other than that is a shit Celica and you're a shit hairdresser.
>>
The headlights are stretched and out of place but the fastback body style sets it apart from other cars of its class in its era and even today it stands out

Clocks are laid out well and the engine is decent enough; you should always get the manual

My problem is that it should have been a RWD car
>>
>>13840894
I quite like the headlights, they're very Nissan sports car.
>>
>>13839234

only misguided poor people buy them

:(
>>
>>13841240
The GTS manual is a very capable car, and is very cheap.
What's the issue?
>>
Very expensive 2 door corolla with a huge ricer tax
>>
>>13840746
the fact you actually admit you wanted this in HS proves how retarded you really are. How the fuck is it the next iteration. how the fuck is that literal white egg of a car more eggy than the brz
>>
Great mileage, and handles better than you'd expect from a front wheel drive car. It has visible camber on the back wheels

It's the car I learned to drive manual in
>>
>>13839234
I want it so bad...
>>
File: [screams externally].gif (866KB, 258x224px) Image search: [Google]
[screams externally].gif
866KB, 258x224px
>>13839234
ugly
>>
Met a friend of a family member when I was young who had a really nice GTS that was dubbed "rain". Not sure if it was stock or not but it was immaculate and probably brand new at the time. Thought it was cool as shit but didn't know a damned thing about cars.
>>
I saw a 2001 GTS at a dealership for more than 9 grand last month.

What is scary is that someone bought it up, since it was gone this week.
>>
>>13841409
A used car dealer had a blue GTS with whatever bodykit Toyota made for it. Had 100K+ miles and I believe they wanted $10K for it.
>>
>>13841434
I see them for 5k all day in the same mileage in my area
>>
The GTS is pretty quick, the 2zz is like toyotas K20A except its a 1.8L. The car is light too, but the style is ugly IMO. Love the 2zz though
>>
MR2 2ZZ SWAP
>>
>>13839234
I had one. It handled hard corners like a boss once I put good rubber on it. I personally loved the stock body style and the hatch was useful for hauling a pretty good amount of shit. It's a damn shame it wasn't RWD.
>>
>>13840746
>Now, I'm thinking of a BRZ, largely because I perceive it as the next iteration.
They still make the Celica under a different name you tard. It's now called the Scion tC.
>>
>>13841284
Because it's not very capable.
>>
>>13839234
What do you think of Feldspar?
>>
>>13841526
It was a few years ago when I saw it. They usually have some sporty type cars from time to time. Last couple I can remember are RX-8 and a RSX, not sure if it was a Type-S.
>>
>>13842269
It actually is, it just lacks the aftermarket support to take advantage of it. It wasn't an RSX or a Civic so no one cars. And the K-series is a better engine than the ZZ series was.

Also, there are K20 swap kits for the Corolla/Matrix.Vibe/MRS and one in the works for the Celica.
http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/extra_info_pages.php?pages_id=35
>>
>>13842269
100 hp/l naturally aspirated? That's fucking decent. Drives like a tuned up corolla below 6200 revs, drives like an expensive sports coupe above 6200, and it can be yours, today, in like new condition, for under 5k.
>>
>>13842255
>unironically suggesting the TC
>>
File: 1397697516378.jpg (160KB, 1626x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1397697516378.jpg
160KB, 1626x1080px
>>13842432
I wasn't suggesting anything, but it is the literal direct successor to the Celica.
>>
>>13842440
The GT86 is the successor to the celica.
>>
>>13842470
No. The GT86 is the Successor to the AE86 Corolla.
>>
>>13842440
Unfortunately you are right. It's not much worse than MK7 anyways. It would be cool if they made an AWD turbo version.
>>
>>13839234
Damnit op
>>
File: tmyk.png (87KB, 277x182px) Image search: [Google]
tmyk.png
87KB, 277x182px
>>13839234

Owned one for 8 years.

It's a fun DD. Excellent handling, reliable, and great on gas.

It isn't a never was intended to be a "sports car."

However, expect a thread full of negativity though, since nine out of ten posters on here think every car on the road should have standards set to a 911 GT3
>>
File: mrs.png (454KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
mrs.png
454KB, 600x450px
It's a backwards MR2 Spyder
>>
File: toyota_gt86 cutaway.jpg (50KB, 586x325px) Image search: [Google]
toyota_gt86 cutaway.jpg
50KB, 586x325px
>>13842490
uh huh...
>>
Shoulda coulda woulda. I got a RSX instead

I'll get myself a n MR-S through time.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.