[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question about insurance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: index.jpg (5KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5KB, 252x200px
Alright so my son is away at college, and the insurance I have him on right now is the 'student away discount' for AMICA, and it's a really good rate for full insurance at $52 a month.

It basically states that he is at college, and his car is garaged, here at home, but it's here for him to use.

Now he wants to keep his car over with him at college.

Should I bother changing his insurance? The rate would probably go up to $175 a month.

Or should I just keep the student away insurance? Will the insurance company even know? Would I be completely fucked if he got in a wreck over there at college?

Because theoretically, he just took his car over there for a couple of days, and he was still following the 'student away' rules.

Thoughts?
>>
I had the student away insurance thing when I was in college and I was okay. If he gets in an accident, he can just say that he borrowed the car that week because he had to do X. It's insurance fraud, but I doubt they'll find out.
>>
I work for GEICO, and we deny claims if the away student was using the vehicle. Unless the accident occurred close to home or during a school break.
>>
>>13839481
+1.

Just hope he doesn't wreck the car too many times. That's a big jump in price. If I were you, I would probably keep the "away at school" insurance.

Plus if he is at school, hopefully he isn't using the car a ton anyway because busses and stuff within walking distance.
>>
>>13839495
Really? If student brings the car to school for a weekend to "move stuff home" you will deny it?

Fuck insurance companies. Giant scam. Pay and pay and pay just in case something goes wrong. Then something finally happens, and they want you to pay more!
>>
>>13839505
Hey, you are paying for what you are paying for. If you are paying for an away student, but they still have the car anyway, you are lying to us and we aren't paying for shit. Read your insurance contract.
>>
>>13839505
Insurance company's are the biggest jews in the entire world. During accidents, they will try their best to find both parties at fault so they can get money from each person. Of course they are wise to this low tier form of insurance fraud.
>>
OP (I'm >>13839481). I would call your insurance company to ask if it's okay if your son borrows the car for a week. My dad did that and my insurance company was okay with it as long as I had the car for a week max at a time.
>>
>>13839495
OP here.

Do you honestly work for GEICO?

You're about to make the difference between me either wisely spending or stupidly wasting $1500 for the next few years.
>>
>>13839769
Bro, please use common sense. Insurance companies are not dumb, the moment you start believing everyone around you is stupid is a sign that you're the stupid one. People try to defraud them ALL THE TIME. Think about this, nigger, this is the same shit they are going to look at

>Car has AWAY AT SCHOOL insurance
>Car is in an accident at the school 3 states over
>I uhh, umm, uhhh, let him use it for a weekend
>Well Mr Fucktard, your insurance only covers the vehicle for intermittent use at the place of registration, since the accident occurred elsewhere, we will not cover you. I'm sorry.

How often do you think they hear that shit? I'm not even an insurance agent, and I can tell you a couple of red flags that will get you butt fucked during claim time.

1. Vehicle is insured under family plan but family member no longer lives at the residence
2. Daily driving your "pleasure vehicle", they will check the mileage
3. Using the vehicle for delivery and causing an accident while on the job while not having commercial insurance. RIP the rest of your life if you hit something expensive.

If your son is driving the car regularly, notify your insurance or prepare to get buttfucked if anything happens
>>
>>13840248
This makes sense. When I did it in college, it was easy because I was only an hour drive away from home. It's more believable that they let me borrow the car for a day or a week. Also my insurance company was cool with me taking it up to a week. OP, I would check with your insurance company. If it's not okay for your son to borrow the car at any time, then buy the extra coverage for him.
>>
you should be fine OP

considering the fact insurance companies barely enforce a lot of stuff like people in NYC registering cars in PA or NC and then paying $40 a month for insurance versus the $160 or so easily that they'd pay for the risk of parking a car in NYC

As long as you have no huge paper trail of your sons car being at school (IE he gets a DUI, runs over 5 kids, and has a permit on his car for his college) they wont bat an eye
>>
uhhggg im not sure
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.