[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fellow yuropoors, should I go for it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: ford_mondeo_kombi_393_1426_head.jpg (56KB, 635x303px) Image search: [Google]
ford_mondeo_kombi_393_1426_head.jpg
56KB, 635x303px
fellow yuropoors, should I go for it?
>>
on properties you should/could. i once read a article in which this mondeo was compared to passat. the passat won but the mondeo was was better at braking distance, comsumption, weight, turning circle, payload, topspeed and acceleration. btw a confusing result for a test...the passat was to good at door closing sound and seat heigtht ;)
>>
>>13837150
cool thanks :)

in my country used passats are a lot more expensive than mondeos - prolly because muh german prestige
but i also heard about rust problems on mondeo - is that a big issue
i'd buy one from around 2003-2004
>>
hm, im no real expert. in germany there are reports sorted by timeranges e.g. 6-7 year old cars. maybe you find something similar. these reports are showing the amount of problems on official carchecks. you could also spend some money in a rust protection but i guess it its not worth doing it. just be aware of rust when you buy your mondeo and spend some money for special washing in spring(salt from winter).
>>
>>13837221
thank you. I'll look into it :)
>>
>>13837066

I see alot of beat to shit Mondeos from the previous generation than that, most of them are rusted to oblivion, neglected, but man, they are still going strong.

It's a great workhorse, the only problem is the sheer size of this thing. Cars in Europe don't get much bigger than the Mondeo wagon
>>
>>13837334
yup, previous gen is rusted to shit, but their engines are strong as fuck and they are still going hard and they just don't let go
there might be more rust than metal, abs not working, etc. but it will ride

Would you recommend diesel or petrol? I'm leaning towards petrol, because in my mind they are easier to fix and I'm doing very low mileage/year
>>
>>13837361

>Low km, mainly city driving -> petrol. The short city trips kill diesel engines fast.
>High km, mostly extra-urban driving -> diesel. Diesels feel better at the long road.
>>
>>13837372
yup, petrol for me then

in my current car (megane) in 5 years i've done 15k kms lel
>>
>>13837381

Why do you even own a car then ?
>>
>>13837402
i didn't bought it, my parents did and I'm the only one with drivers licence and I drive them anywhere they want - I don't even have a reason to use it for my purposes
it's their decision

i'll buy this mondeo so they can sell this current car, because I'm that good of a person :3
>>
>>13837179
Depends on specimen. Take a good look underneath before you buy
>>
>>13837179
Poland?
>>
File: aero mondeo.jpg (246KB, 1024x470px) Image search: [Google]
aero mondeo.jpg
246KB, 1024x470px
>tfw no hypermiling triangle gen Mondeo
>>
I would rather get myself a Honda Accord or Mitsubishi Galant, both are much better looking imo and as far as I know, they don't rust as easy. Also muh nippon reliability.
>>
>>13838156
y-yeah...

>>13838184
galant is not modern enough and Accord is more expensive than Mondeo with the same year and equipment + parts are more expensive
>>
File: DSC_0010.jpg (2MB, 3104x1746px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0010.jpg
2MB, 3104x1746px
>>13838239
Ayy ziomuś
>>
>>13838260
też mam moto :3 gs500, ale już spulka sobie
>>
>>13837066

The wagon is huge as fuck
They rust like crazy
They are bad on fuel

Upside: reliability, cheap spare parts, heated front window.

On a 2004-2005 model you can still expect a lot of parts going to shit: calibers, bearings, generator, heated seats not working, etc etc etc

Same as any other car 10 years old
>>
File: 1365083366002.jpg (82KB, 700x714px) Image search: [Google]
1365083366002.jpg
82KB, 700x714px
>>13838184
>muh nippon reliability
>mitsubishi
>>
>>13838302
thanks for your input, man :)
>>
Ford Mondeo is pretty good. It's even so good that Jaguar used Mondeo engines and other parts in their X-Type before they started developing their own shit.
Reliable and cheap parts.
>>
>>13838353
thank you, I'm leaning towards Mondeo more and more :)
I guess i will be interesting to level up from 1999 Megane Grandtour to 2003-2004 Mondeo Estate
I'm just curious how the maintenance cost will be compared to megane - gonna do research on that

Thanks, guys
>>
>>13838353
>It's even so good that Jaguar used Mondeo engines and other parts in their X-Type before they started developing their own shit.

But that's because Jaguar was owned by ford and had to save money.
>>
>>13837150

>competitor better in every aspect
>Passat still won

Motor press is a fucking joke.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.